Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Boards of Canada inspired presets?

GUBGUB
edited May 2023 in General App Discussion

There lots of synth apps out that come with Boards of Canada-inspired presets, always identifiable by some punny name. For example, right now I have Caves of Grenada pulled up in Aparillo. Can someone remember any they’ve come across like this? Thank you in advance. I know I have at least two or three other boards presets, with names like bored in canada, etc. , but I can’t figure out which apps they are to be found in. I’ll Comb through Klevgrand again maybe…

Comments

• Lunar Lander Boards of Copernic

• edited May 2023
    • Zeeon - Boards of Atlanta (BB Z-Space preset pack)
    • Reelbus - Canadian boards
    • Bleass Alpha - Fjords of Canada (Red Sky Lullaby preset pack)
  • @GUB said:
    There lots of synth apps out that come with Boards of Canada-inspired presets, always identifiable by some punny name. For example, right now I have Caves of Grenada pulled up in Aparillo. Can someone remember any they’ve come across like this? Thank you in advance. I know I have at least two or three other boards presets, with names like bored in canada, etc. , but I can’t figure out which apps they are to be found in. I’ll Comb through Klevgrand again maybe…

I have a few sprinkled across various iOS apps. I definitely called one Bored of Canada

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@GUB said:

I have a few sprinkled across various iOS apps. I definitely called one Bored of Canada

Ah, I’ll be looking through your awesome banks. I sure could use an AUBE style cross-app preset-indexer.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Lunar Lander Boards of Copernic

Thanks! I’ll have to look at that when I get to an iPad, I never even heard of it

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

@GUB said:

Ah yes, in ApeSoft's Mood synth!

• @Grandbear said:

• Zeeon - Boards of Atlanta (BB Z-Space preset pack)
    • Reelbus - Canadian boards
    • Bleass Alpha - Fjords of Canada (Red Sky Lullaby preset pack)

Awesome thx

• @Grandbear said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

@GUB said:

Ah yes, in ApeSoft's Mood synth!

That’s right!

• @Svetlovska said:

Any clues for finding this lunar lander? Or a link? App Store search continues to infuriate with its uselessness. Not getting an appsliced hit either

• @GUB said:

@Svetlovska said:

Any clues for finding this lunar lander? Or a link? App Store search continues to infuriate with its uselessness. Not getting an appsliced hit either

It's been removed from sale by the dev, it's a BBD delay emulation extracted from the P900 modular synth

• “Pads of Canada” in Phasemaker

• Can’t remember names -but Layr synth had 2-3 Boards inspired presets if I remember right. I can look later...

• Drambo preset I quickly made that should be a good starting point.

• @BroCoast said:
    Drambo preset I quickly made that should be a good starting point.

Quick test jam using Radio Unit and Mollilooper:

• It’s not punny ( I really missed a trick ) but I made a BoC inspired patch for Hilda called CRT dreams in the ABF folder

• @sevenape said:
    It’s not punny ( I really missed a trick ) but I made a BoC inspired patch for Hilda called CRT dreams in the ABF folder

@BroCoast said:

@BroCoast said:
    Drambo preset I quickly made that should be a good starting point.

Quick test jam using Radio Unit and Mollilooper:

Nice -- thanks!

• @sevenape said:
    It’s not punny ( I really missed a trick ) but I made a BoC inspired patch for Hilda called CRT dreams in the ABF folder

Got it -- will take a look, thanks

• Thor has

Canadian Pad 1
    Canadian Pad 2
    A Canadian Journey
    Synthex Boards
    Backphase Pad

• pad + Baby Audio Drift (plugin, free) :)

• @david_2017 said:
    pad + Baby Audio Drift (plugin, free) :)

For anyone searching for this, the full name of the plugin is actually "Pitch Drift".

• @david_2017 said:
    pad + Baby Audio Drift (plugin, free) :)

@el_bo said:
    Thor has

Canadian Pad 1
    Canadian Pad 2
    A Canadian Journey
    Synthex Boards
    Backphase Pad

@el_bo said:
    Thor has

Canadian Pad 1
    Canadian Pad 2
    A Canadian Journey
    Synthex Boards
    Backphase Pad

Cool. Sadly I don’ t have the app, a constant source of thor feelings

• I always assumed that Rymdigare’s “Kaneda” preset was a nod to BoC, but I googled it before posting this comment and it’s most likely referencing a character from Akira. That said, it’s got all the right ingredients so I recommend checking it out.

• Basically anything by child of the corndog.

• I'm a big boards fan, I use these.

I bought a couple of VSTs that allow you to have access to the samples so you can load them into anything including things like Audiolayer.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/55-Kontakt-Instrument/6078-Retcon-Boards-Of-Canada-Synthesis
    https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kontakt-instruments/audiowarpc/bocs-bundle

• MixBox - Boards of Italy
    (fantasy)
    Signature preset name ideas to annoy lo-fi lovers

Backbreakers of Canada
    -For theme music for WWE wrestlers.
    Bands of Canada
    -(Customer reviews) Probably for rock, but there are so many candidates so I can't narrow my focus, ‘Rush’ or ‘The Band’ or ‘The Guess Who’ or……which one is right?
    Beavers of Canada
    -For environmental sounds. (But some users might associate it with Justin Bieber. It's human nature.)
    Boi-1da of Canada
    -Drake-like sound.
    Borders of Canada
    -For CCR-like sound. (Tim O'Brien's short story "On the Rainy River" is the context, but it's hard to understand so almost no one gets it. Moreover, "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" is—apparently—not an anti-war song, so it does not even qualify as a preset name in this case.)
    (/fantasy)

• Basically, as mentioned, anything with wow and flutter. So chow tape would also be a good free app to add to any suitable pad sound.

If you really want to spend money, there's also a whole pack in Decent Sampler dedicated to BoC type sounds.

• @cramdog said:
    MixBox - Boards of Italy
    (fantasy)
    Signature preset name ideas to annoy lo-fi lovers

Backbreakers of Canada
    -For theme music for WWE wrestlers.
    Bands of Canada
    -(Customer reviews) Probably for rock, but there are so many candidates so I can't narrow my focus, ‘Rush’ or ‘The Band’ or ‘The Guess Who’ or……which one is right?
    Beavers of Canada
    -For environmental sounds. (But some users might associate it with Justin Bieber. It's human nature.)
    Boi-1da of Canada
    -Drake-like sound.
    Borders of Canada
    -For CCR-like sound. (Tim O'Brien's short story "On the Rainy River" is the context, but it's hard to understand so almost no one gets it. Moreover, "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" is—apparently—not an anti-war song, so it does not even qualify as a preset name in this case.)
    (/fantasy)

😂

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Basically anything by child of the corndog.

plus 1

• MagicPitch app : build-in Presets -> Moderate -> Fnords of Canada. Very nice on a drone...