Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fire (Nanostudio track with lot of Hildas, Butter Synth and other plugin friends)

Lot of ​⁠ #Hilda instances (melodies, arpeggios and intro low resonanant pad), ​⁠ #ButterSynth (bass arpeggio, intro sliced pad), drums synthetised in ​⁠ #nanostudio2 #Obsidian plus few nice external plugins like ​⁠ #medusa on master and on bass lead, #transient on drums (can imagine having drums without fantastic FAC Transient). Och and Bram’s #WOOT on at least 2 tracks :-)Also lot of #nanostusio stock plugins (EQs, compressors, limiters, overdrives, delays, reverb..)

Pretty busy track, great synths processed by great plugins :)

Comments

• Nice job. Excellent energy, very propulsive. Feels like a scene in a movie about a future dystopia where the scrappy underdogs redouble their efforts and gather their forces for THE LAST BATTLE FOR HUMANITY.

Or something along those lines.

• @dendy : that’s a banger for sure.

• Nice piece of work. I think you amply demonstrate that NS2 is a great bit of kit if you don't need audio tracks. Add in a few good apps and it's still very capable as you show.

I hope Matt comes back one day with some upgrades.

• edited June 2023

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Nice job. Excellent energy, very propulsive. Feels like a scene in a movie about a future dystopia where the scrappy underdogs redouble their efforts and gather their forces for THE LAST BATTLE FOR HUMANITY.

Or something along those lines.

Surprisingly something like that was actually in my head when i was doing it 😄 Some abstract idea of hardcore action scifi postapocalyptic movie where main protagonist fights hordes and totally wins after final battle, and then calmly warching destroyed landscape behind him 🤣

• I actually read the comment from @ExAsperis99 first, then listened to the song and I was like "Exactly!" 😁

Nice "collaboration", gentlemen. 🤝

• edited June 2023

Really good , you really master Nanostudio. How was the CPU load ? How did you manage for the vocals ?

• edited June 2023

@BerlinFx said:
    Really good , you really master Nanostudio. How was the CPU load ?

around 30% .. i have Air M1 so pretty a lot of cpu power even for single-core app :) There is not much plugins at all, 2 Butter synths, 3 Hildas, Obsidian, 2 or 3 Slates and bunch of FXs (mostly NS2 stock plugins which are highly CPU efficient, and then 2 medusas, transient, woot) - it's not too big project imho ..

How did you manage for the vocals ?

I use Koala for sampling from Youtube :-) When i found interesting part i want to sample, i just screen record video and then load screen recoring into Koala - it loads just audio part - thre i cut it and save .. It's literally all for what i use Koala - as sound extratcting tool :)

• @dendy said:

@BerlinFx said:
    Really good , you really master Nanostudio. How was the CPU load ?

around 30% .. i have Air M1 so pretty a lot of cpu power even for single-core app :) There is not much plugins at all, 2 Butter synths, 3 Hildas, Obsidian, 2 or 3 Slates and bunch of FXs (mostly NS2 stock plugins which are highly CPU efficient, and then 2 medusas, transient, woot) - it's not too big project imho ..

How did you manage for the vocals ?

I use Koala for sampling from Youtube :-) When i found interesting part i want to sample, i just screen record video and then load screen recoring into Koala - it loads just audio part - thre i cut it and save .. It's literally all for what i use Koala - as sound extratcting tool :)

Nice work did you use the sample in slate has many do in NS2 ?

• edited June 2023

@BerlinFx said:

yes, when i want just play sample, without need of doing some special effects with it (like "fake" time stretching and stuff like that) then i just use Slate, i load audio to pad and use it as substitute for audio tracks :)

I usually switch in Slate pad settings trigger mode to "sustain", which means sample plays just during note is pressed (i mean during length of note in sequencer - that way i visually see in sequencer where audio starts and where ends ..

• @dendy said:

@BerlinFx said:

yes, when i want just play sample, without need of doing some special effects with it (like "fake" time stretching and stuff like that) then i just use Slate, i load audio to pad and use it as substitute for audio tracks :)

I usually switch in Slate pad settings trigger mode to "sustain", which means sample plays just during note is pressed (i mean during length of note in sequencer - that way i visually see in sequencer where audio starts and where ends ..

@dendy said:

@BerlinFx said:

Thanks for your useful tricks

• edited June 2023

you're welcome, glad to help ;)

• Cool track, love it!

• Yes nice! I kept looking behind my shoulder for the cyborgs 🤖

• @richardyot said:
    Yes nice! I kept looking behind my shoulder for the cyborgs 🤖

🤣

• Well done!

• This slaps hard!🔊🔥💣

• Great track, loved the variation in pace, instrumentation, percussion etc. Top job !

• Beats that smack! How is this styled called really?
    Awesome track for clubs! Dang ❤️

• edited June 2023

No idea what style it is, probably in between breaks and trance :-))) I have always problem to fit in exact one speciffic genre, i just mx together influences from all music i like ...

• @dendy said:

No idea what style it is, probably in between breaks and trance :-))) I have always problem to fit in exact one speciffic genre, i just mx together influences from all music i like ...

So it is: Best to be Dendy! Genres too many, who cares 😭
    I’ve always liked breakbeat, bigbeat. Nice to hear you managed to bring it so up front.

• The Crystal Method would approve! Breaks and bigbeat are my favs, so this is directly up my ally. Great work man!!

• edited June 2023

Nice and raw sounding

• @drez said:
    The Crystal Method would approve! Breaks and bigbeat are my favs, so this is directly up my ally. Great work man!!

😇 thanks !!!