Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

skippodisk by Alexey Nadzharov (Released)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/skippodisk/id6449685454

skippodisk is a free AUv3 plugin and standalone app. It features algorithm that imitates compact disc reading errors and adds feedback for some comb filtering.

controls:

•main control is a 2-dimensional slider that
changes delay time / buffer size using value on X axis and feedback (positive and negative, -0.997 to 0.997) on Y axis. This control adds some creative comb-like effect.

• algorithm settings:
[ auto ] enables automatic cd skipping.
[ dropout ] enables adding silence. Use both [auto] and [dropout] with zero feedback value (in the centre of touch control) to achieve the effect of a CD audio glitch
• [ bypass ] control and volume control. This slider is in low value state by default.

Comments

• Been testing this for a few days - very interesting and creative. Glad Alexy added some basic instructions to the description cos it took me a while to figure it out...!

• @enkaytee said:
    Been testing this for a few days - very interesting and creative. Glad Alexy added some basic instructions to the description cos it took me a while to figure it out...!

Yep it’s a great one!

• I hate this. I hate this so much. 😁 Brilliant!!
    (I haven’t managed to get it to sound exactly as I remember it, but close enough to be triggering. I suppose that with some tweaking it’s possible to get that really frustrating experience, but do we really want to…? Maybe…)

• If you don't have lo-fi-af this is great!

• Reminds me of the old Catalinbread pedal the Csidman

• @sevenape said:
    If you don't have lo-fi-af this is great!

I have lo-fi-af and still love it!

• One morning, after an all-night party at my house, me and a few remaining stragglers reconvened in the living room with fuzzy heads and hangovers. I put on a CD of my then-Mrs’s band. It started skipping, but in a creative, amusing way which made us giggle.

She went out for a few hours, shaking her head in dismay, and on her return found us all in the same spot, still listening to the crazily, skipping ‘tango’ CD, still giggling.

I’m going to have to get this, aren’t I.

• @monz0id said:
    One morning, after an all-night party at my house, me and a few remaining stragglers reconvened in the living room with fuzzy heads and hangovers. I put on a CD of my then-Mrs’s band. It started skipping, but in a creative, amusing way which made us giggle.

She went out for a few hours, shaking her head in dismay, and on her return found us all in the same spot, still listening to the crazily, skipping ‘tango’ CD, still giggling.

Yes I believe so.

Plus it’s free!

• @sevenape said:

I have the have lo-fi-af so I don’t need it at all.

• @HotStrange said:

@monz0id said:
    One morning, after an all-night party at my house, me and a few remaining stragglers reconvened in the living room with fuzzy heads and hangovers. I put on a CD of my then-Mrs’s band. It started skipping, but in a creative, amusing way which made us giggle.

Yes I believe so.

Plus it’s free!

You can't beat free!

• Yayeee. Oval in a can!

• I’m a sucker for a free AU. Lol. But I have to imagine that applies to 99% of this forum, if not 100% lol.

• @sevenape said:

That’s good to know. I haven’t used it yet so this helps me get a better idea of what it can accomplish.

• I just lost an hour messing with this app. Really cool. Especially CC’ing the bypass toggle button in AUM with mLFO. I had the FX off for 3 bars then on every 4th bar, it sounded really cool.

• Lo-fi-af is cool of course… but for glitching this skippodisk seems more playable if you were performing

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I just lost an hour messing with this app. Really cool. Especially CC’ing the bypass toggle button in AUM with mLFO. I had the FX off for 3 bars then on every 4th bar, it sounded really cool.

Great idea. I’ll have to try that.

• a_na_n
    edited June 2023

hello everyone!

i've made some update to it and if you'd like to check it before the release - you are welcome
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/LzeuNr9l

• edited June 2023

@a_n said:
    hello everyone!

i've made some update to it and if you'd like to check it before the release - you are welcome
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/LzeuNr9l

I noticed the new beta earlier today and used it in a track. Really like the new features! Looking forward to the new app, these recent releases have become some of my most used.

• great!! thanks!