Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The June "Logic Pro iPad" AudioBus Forum Challenge

Okay, so I see a lot of people wishing Logic Pro on iPad had "this" feature and "that" feature. I'm one of them (Flex Pitch, where are you? :lol: ). And saying most of the built-in synths aren't all that great (which is somewhat true).

For those who are testing out the one month free trial of Logic Pro on iPad and/or are on the fence about trying it out, I propose we do a little challenge here. The challenge is...make a track using only the stock plugins, sounds, and samples included in Logic Pro for iPad. :)

Rules...

1. You can record your voice if you wish, but it must be recorded directly in Logic Pro iPad. No importing. ;)

2. No third-party plugins or third-party audio, etc.

3. Must be at least one minute long.

4. You can get started right away, but the deadline is June 30th (since this is a June challenge afterall).

5. Can be uploaded anywhere you wish - BandCamp, SoundCloud, Dropbox, whatever, lol.

Let's see what can you do "in the box"!

Comments

• I guess we can record anything into an audio track, right?

• edited May 2023

Great you did it. And what is great is that it will be using stock plugin.

Not ready for the deadline but some will be ready for sure. The 30 th of June will be on a sunny beach no IPad during a fortnight just a no connection therapy , connected to the sea sun and the white sand and to myself.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

1. No third-party plugins or third-party audio, etc.

Not even MIDI generators? :o

• @el_bo said:
    I guess we can record anything into an audio track, right?

Just voice. ;) Part of the challenge is to get folks to make use of what's already in Logic Pro, lol.

@BerlinFx said:

Oh I didn't enter yet. "The Geisha" used third-party plugins. ;)

Not ready for the deadline but some will be ready for sure. The 30 th of June will be on a sunny beach no IPad during a fortnight just a no connection therapy , connected to the sea sun and the white sand and to myself.

Ah sounds lovely.

@lasselu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

1. No third-party plugins or third-party audio, etc.

Not even MIDI generators? :o

Nope, lol. Part of the challenge is to get folks to make use of what's already there. That said, you can create a melodic pattern region instead of a MIDI region, and it has several options for extending notes, a chance system, and other fun things. For my entry into this contest I may attempt Minimalism like I did back in 2021 when Richie Hawtin was one of my major inspirations (okay he still is lol). :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

Just voice. ;) Part of the challenge is to get folks to make use of what's already in Logic Pro, lol.

So, then why allow voice? Not sure what the distinction is between voice and an acoustic guitar, or a recording of a dripping tap thrown through Alchemy Sampler, for example. In each case, none of it is already there in LP.

Not to worry, though...

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

So, then why allow voice? Not sure what the distinction is between voice and an acoustic guitar, or a recording of a dripping tap thrown through Alchemy Sampler, for example. In each case, none of it is already there in LP.

Not to worry, though...

I guess you make a point. But then again, I assume Logic Pro has acoustic guitar sounds as well as sound FX. I think it also has vocal samples, but that's not conducive to making your own vocal production. I'm just trying to make sure folks don't try to sample their hardware synth collection, defeating the purpose of relying on the synths within already. :)

• Okay, I got started on mine. :) It's going to be minimal techno with the sound sources being 100% synthesised with Logic Pro's various synths. Logic Pro has a really great drum synth in it, and their ES1 and ES2 synths aren't really as bad as I thought upon first hearing them.

In order to vary the beat, I'm making use of the pattern sequencer for each drum. Also, I discovered that Logic Pro indeed has a transient shaper in it called Enveloper! So the bitcrusher followed by Enveloper gives me that nice sauce I usually love to put on my drum buss. Kind of like "build your own Knock/Beef" as it were. Can't wait for you all to hear this one. I should be able to finish tonight or tomorrow, upload to SoundCloud, and call it my entry.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Okay, I got started on mine. :) It's going to be minimal techno with the sound sources being 100% synthesised with Logic Pro's various synths. Logic Pro has a really great drum synth in it, and their ES1 and ES2 synths aren't really as bad as I thought upon first hearing them.

In order to vary the beat, I'm making use of the pattern sequencer for each drum. Also, I discovered that Logic Pro indeed has a transient shaper in it called Enveloper! So the bitcrusher followed by Enveloper gives me that nice sauce I usually love to put on my drum buss. Kind of like "build your own Knock/Beef" as it were. Can't wait for you all to hear this one. I should be able to finish tonight or tomorrow, upload to SoundCloud, and call it my entry.

Phat FX = “Drum Sauce”

• @BerlinFx said:

Wait where’s the sex? It was also part of the combo in your earlier version 👌
    (If that’s included in m the “to myself” part, I stand corrected, of course)

• Here is my entry, mates.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/55982/jwm-desolate-wasteland-minimal-techno-created-100-in-logic-pro/p1?new=1

@klownshed said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Okay, I got started on mine. :) It's going to be minimal techno with the sound sources being 100% synthesised with Logic Pro's various synths. Logic Pro has a really great drum synth in it, and their ES1 and ES2 synths aren't really as bad as I thought upon first hearing them.

Phat FX = “Drum Sauce”

Ooo, I'll check that out for my next production. :) Thanks for the tip mate.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

Not to worry, though...

I guess you make a point. But then again, I assume Logic Pro has acoustic guitar sounds as well as sound FX. I think it also has vocal samples, but that's not conducive to making your own vocal production. I'm just trying to make sure folks don't try to sample their hardware synth collection, defeating the purpose of relying on the synths within already. :)

How about DI electric guitar/bass using the amp simulation and stomp boxes in Logic Pro? 🙂

• edited June 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic

Let's make this more challenging ...

**THERE WILL BE PRICE FOR WINNER **

• on 1st JULY i create new youtube playlist with all entries
    • also new thread with POLL here on Audiobus forum will be created
    • in POLL people will be able to vote
    • people will vote for next 5 days
    • then winner will be the one with most votes in POLL
    • tracks with length at lest 3 minuts will be included in this list
    • 1st place with most votes in POLL will get from me ONE gift app of choice with price less or equal to $40.
    • i will chose one more winner, just based on my personal taste from this list, who will get gift app of choice from me with price less or equal to $20

IMPORTANT: Upload track as video on YOUTUBE, and browse all tracks during playback, so it will be clearly visible there are no other than stock plugins used ! Including MIDI FX - just Logic stock stuff allowed.

Hope there are no limitations to who i can gift app ( i mean country related ). That would be dealbreaker of course, but it should work (tried it once in my life and it gifted app to someone living in same country like me).

PLEASE TO EVERYBODY WHO WANTS TO CONTRIBUTES, SEND ME YOUTUBE LINK INTO PRIVATE MESSAGE, I WILL ADD IT TO YOUTUBE PLAYLIST TO HAVE THEM ALL TOGETHER AT ONE PLACE.

DON'T FORGET THAT LENGTH OF SONG MUST BE AT LEAST 3MINUTES TO BE INCLUDED IN COMPETITION FOR PRICE !

=== EDIT ==

Unfortunatelly, becasuse it is really not possible to gift app to somenody from different country , and i am from Slovakia, i don't think this whole thing makes sesne :(.

• edited June 2023

@dendy said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic

Let's make this more challenging ...

**THERE WILL BE PRICE FOR WINNER **

• on 1st JULY i create new youtube playlist with all entries
    • also new thread with POLL here on Audiobus forum will be created
    • in POLL people will be able to vote
    • people will vote for next 5 days
    • then winner will be the one with most votes in POLL
    • tracks with length at lest 3 minuts will be included in this list
    • 1st place with most votes in POLL will get from me ONE gift app of choice with price less or equal to $40.
    • i will chose one more winner, just based on my personal taste from this list, who will get gift app of choice from me with price less or equal to $20

IMPORTANT: Upload track as video on YOUTUBE, and browse all tracks during playback, so it will be clearly visible there are no other than stock plugins used ! Including MIDI FX - just Logic stock stuff allowed.

Hope there are no limitations to who i can gift app ( i mean country related ). That would be dealbreaker of course, but it should work (tried it once in my life and it gifted app to someone living in same country like me).

PLEASE TO EVERYBODY WHO WANTS TO CONTRIBUTES, SEND ME YOUTUBE LINK INTO PRIVATE MESSAGE, I WILL ADD IT TO YOUTUBE PLAYLIST TO HAVE THEM ALL TOGETHER AT ONE PLACE.

DON'T FORGET THAT LENGTH OF SONG MUST BE AT LEAST 3MINUTES TO BE INCLUDED IN COMPETITION FOR PRICE !

Oh we shall see, lol. 😂 Not so sure about doing videocapture to upload to Youtube mate. Screencaps are fine though, and uploading to Youtube is acceptable of course.

EDIT: I'm thinking that if we do spice up the challenge a little that people are required to take at least two screenshots (one of the mixer, one of the full timeline, as follows...).

Uploading to Youtube may not be everyone's preferred method of uploading, and screenrecording the playback can be optional . :)

• edited June 2023

Nah, it's totally easy to upload to Youtube, you can do it directly from iPad through basic Youtube app ;-) There is no reason to not do it .. Of course if one wants to win my price lol :-))))

I can do this compromise:

Those who wants to win price, if winner uploaded song on YT, limit for app of choice will be for him $40, in case winner provided just audio without video, then limit for app of choice value will be $20

• @dendy said:
    Nah, it's totally easy to upload to Youtube, you can do it directly from iPad through basic Youtube app ;-) There is no reason to not do it .. Of course if one wants to win my price lol :-))))

I can do this compromise:

Those who wants to win price, if winner uploaded song on YT, limit for app of choice will be for him $40, in case winner provided just audio without video, then limit for app of choice value will be $20

Okay, fair, lol.

• Very generous offer, dendy. But I hope it'll be ok to submit to the thread, without getting involved in the competition side of things. While it's looking less likely that I'll continue subscribing to Logic (at least not, every month), would be quite nice to challenge myself to an all-Logic piece.

• edited June 2023

@el_bo said:
    Very generous offer, dendy. But I hope it'll be ok to submit to the thread, without getting involved in the competition side of things. While it's looking less likely that I'll continue subscribing to Logic (at least not, every month), would be quite nice to challenge myself to an all-Logic piece.

No problem, as i said who wants to participate in conpetition for price shoukd send me link also to private message where i will collect competitors to not miss anybody :-)

• @dendy your prize giving is only going to work for whoever is in the same country as you. You can’t gift apps through the App Store to different countries. So this competition is only for those in your country. Best to let us know which country that i.

• @dendy said:

@el_bo said:
    Very generous offer, dendy. But I hope it'll be ok to submit to the thread, without getting involved in the competition side of things. While it's looking less likely that I'll continue subscribing to Logic (at least not, every month), would be quite nice to challenge myself to an all-Logic piece.

No problem, as i said who wants to participate in conpetition for price shoukd send me link also to private message where i will collect competitors to not miss anybody :-)

Cool!

• edited June 2023

@Mountain_Hamlet said:
    @dendy your prize giving is only going to work for whoever is in the same country as you. You can’t gift apps through the App Store to different countries. So this competition is only for those in your country. Best to let us know which country that i.

Ah that is unfortunate :(((( Then it completely makes no sense... damn .. I am from Slovakia, tiny coutnry next to Hungary or Ukraine :)), so i don't think it can be applied to most of users here :(((

• @dendy said:

@Mountain_Hamlet said:
    @dendy your prize giving is only going to work for whoever is in the same country as you. You can’t gift apps through the App Store to different countries. So this competition is only for those in your country. Best to let us know which country that i.

Ah that is unfortunate :(((( Then it completely makes no sense... damn .. I am from Slovakia, tiny coutnry next to Hungary or Ukraine :)), so i don't think it can be applied to most of users here :(((

Maybe if the payout is in Bitcoin? 😂

• @NeuM said:

@dendy said:

@Mountain_Hamlet said:

Maybe if the payout is in Bitcoin? 😂

Not selling any of my bitcoin ! Neither paying with them. Holding strong for next 10 years, just adding to stack :))

App gift would be cool way to reward winner .. not going to do the way of sending money, that just complicates things and a kinda looses sense .. what a pity..

• A giveaway/prize is a cool idea, but there can be legal implications which vary by country. Granted, $20 or whatever is minuscule and probably wouldn’t cause issues for anybody, but then you’ve also got to factor in different currencies and exchange rates and whatnot. IMHO we should just take that off the table. I’m on board and working on my track now, but I’m just wanting to enjoy the “contest” fun and couldn’t care less about a “prize”. Just my 2 cents, which is probably worth less than that lol.