Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Guitar 2 Routing

I have been able to get MIDI Guitar 2 working on a single audio track inside logic, but can’t figure out how to get the app to generate MIDI on a software instrument track. Has anyone set this up on their iPad yet?

Comments

• @skdeish said:
    I have been able to get MIDI Guitar 2 working on a single audio track inside logic, but can’t figure out how to get the app to generate MIDI on a software instrument track. Has anyone set this up on their iPad yet?

From what I can see the only way to use MG2 with Logic is to use it Standalone and route the midi to Logic Virtual MIDI input.

• Yeah I was able to get that working too, but it’s clunky. Wonder why you can’t add the MIDI output FX onto the MG2 when it is placed inside an audio track. Would love to keep it all in Logic.

• The other issue with that workflow is that you can’t use existing audio tracks since the MIDI is being converted in real time in standalone. I am hoping to run some tracks through the app to get the audio to MIDI.

• @skdeish said:
    The other issue with that workflow is that you can’t use existing audio tracks since the MIDI is being converted in real time in standalone. I am hoping to run some tracks through the app to get the audio to MIDI.

Yep it’s not ideal. Hopefully Logic is updated to facilitate internal midi routing from these kind of apps.

• Chalk this use case up as +1 for Team AUM. Can any other DAW handle this use case?

• I’ve had success using MG2 with Loopy Pro as well.

• Drambo allows midi and audio on the same track, so that probably works. And Ableton of course!

• @McD said:
    Chalk this use case up as +1 for Team AUM. Can any other DAW handle this use case?

Drambo 😂

• @McD said:
    Chalk this use case up as +1 for Team AUM. Can any other DAW handle this use case?

MultiTrackStudio also lets you add MG2 to an audio track and record the output MIDI to a track containing a software instrument:

https://www.multitrackstudio.com/audiotomidiplugins.php

• Any chance there’s a plugin/ Auv3 that can solve this somehow?

• @skdeish said:
    I’ve had success using MG2 with Loopy Pro as well.

I can’t figure out how to get MG2 on my iPadPro working with Loopy Pro. What’s your workaround?

• @bates67 said:

@skdeish said:
    I’ve had success using MG2 with Loopy Pro as well.

I can’t figure out how to get MG2 on my iPadPro working with Loopy Pro. What’s your workaround?

Add it as an effect. Add the same instance as a midi source. Make sure you have a buffer size if 256 or less…mg2 does not do audio to midi with larger buffers.

• THAT’S IT!
    I missed to add it as an effect AND the SAME instance as a midi source.
    GREAT!!
    A thousand thanks 🙏

• Anyone managed to use this successfully in Cubasis? Just purchased the AUv3 IAP but am stumped as to how I get it working and driving an auv3 synth. Added it as an audio effect but that’s as far as I’ve got.