Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s your most popular track?

I’ve often wondered if there any famous people frequenting these parts.

Please share you most popular piece of work.

How many likes did it get?

Did you make lots of $$$$ from it?

Comments

• edited May 2023

this one has 25x - 30x more views than any other music youtube video on my channel i ever released 😂🤣
    i made exactly $0 from it 😂

• @Raggamuffin73 said:
    I’ve often wondered if there any famous people frequenting these parts.

Please share you most popular piece of work.

How many likes did it get?

Did you make lots of $$$$ from it?

For the vast, vast majority of musicians there's no money to be made from selling pop/rap/rock/country/alternative/dance music. Touring, merchandise sales and music licensing are usually where the money is made.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

No way I'm gonna post it 'cause it's kind of embarrassingly bad but my most popular track was a rock 'n roll version of the Joy to the World Christmas carol. It was in the top 10 during the holidays time two years running on the streaming service it was on.

I never got famous or made any money off of it, but I did get hit on online by a rather large looking woman in her 50s in the Midwest of USA as a result. 😂

• This is my most popular one with 142 likes on YouTube. That's way ahead of the next closest one with 33 likes. I have no idea why this one stands out from the others.

It must have scratched an itch somewhere.

• This one of mine on Apple Music has had by far the highest historically – almost seven listens somehow!
    u0421793 / Eyes in Reverse
    (in Atmos)
    https://music.lnk.to/7cmgqc

• edited May 2023

I guess it depends on the metric.

From sales/views/radio play it's this:
    https://keepingtrack.bandcamp.com/track/powers
    It is on an album raising funds for charity (Refugee Community Kitchen), so an effort is made to promote it. We still get the occassional sale from this and the follow up album. £762 donated so far.

This feels more popular though as I've had producers contact me asking for stems and there are 10 remixes so far (apprx, I might have lost count lol). Am open to audiobus members who want to have a go at it :) :

• Wait, what, people finish tracks? 😛

• This is my most popular track on Soundcloud:

Very old, now. Written for a the RPM month-long writing/recording challenge, in 2010. Lots i love about it, and much that I'd change (I know a lot more, these days).

Stats currently sit at:

There was a time when it was 'autoplay' embedded in a forum profile page, so I got a lot of clicks from that. but there're still a lot of 'genuine' listens, and likes.

• Just a silly question, I don’t want at all to make monney from my music, can put all your music totally free on Bandcamp or it is not possible ? Actually I use only Soundcloud.

• My most popular track was actually a weird story. Someone who used to do Yoga videos on YouTube found one of my downtempo tracks years ago and started using it as the intro and outro for their weekly video series. This went on for a couple years without me knowing about it, all the while their channel was blowing up getting millions of views.

While trying to post a music video for said track years after I wrote it I kept getting copyright strikes, which eventually led to me discover this YouTube channel. After a bit of back and forth, the woman in charge of the YouTube series eventually admitted she took the track thinking no one would notice or mind. Nope!

Luckily she knew she was in the wrong and potentially on the hook for a decent bit of money if I took her to court, so we agreed I would sell her the track to use exclusively for $5k. Not bad, and my song was heard likely millions of times.

For whatever reason her channel stopped a year or so later and she pulled all the videos from it. I'm guessing she got caught not paying for any of the music in any of the videos, though that's only speculation.

• edited May 2023

Back in the day, “Flavors”, got play from an international DJ or two and many plays on MySpace Music. At the time I had over 36,000 followers and “Flavors” had 42,274 plays. Very little money was made, but it helped me be one of the first artists invited to SoundCloud:

• I did a completely a cappella cover of “We Did it When We Were Young” by The Gaslight Anthem. I had put it up on YouTube not knowing that week it was in some teenybopper soap opera like One Tree Hill or something. A lot of people mistook it for the actual song. Close to 11k views no money. Took it down to rebrand myself online.

• edited May 2023

Absolutely love this.. Laid back dub reggae.. right up my street..

@musikeer said:
    List is in order of popularity...

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3WCBCWEm40hroEP0QmaGBC

• @Tarekith said:
    My most popular track was actually a weird story. Someone who used to do Yoga videos on YouTube found one of my downtempo tracks years ago and started using it as the intro and outro for their weekly video series. This went on for a couple years without me knowing about it, all the while their channel was blowing up getting millions of views.

While trying to post a music video for said track years after I wrote it I kept getting copyright strikes, which eventually led to me discover this YouTube channel. After a bit of back and forth, the woman in charge of the YouTube series eventually admitted she took the track thinking no one would notice or mind. Nope!

Luckily she knew she was in the wrong and potentially on the hook for a decent bit of money if I took her to court, so we agreed I would sell her the track to use exclusively for $5k. Not bad, and my song was heard likely millions of times.

For whatever reason her channel stopped a year or so later and she pulled all the videos from it. I'm guessing she got caught not paying for any of the music in any of the videos, though that's only speculation.

Wow! What a story :)

• This is my most popular… pretty sure I got caught up in some weird bot thing, considering the comments.

My big claim to fame is a koala sampler ambient “tutorial” that got 13k views!

• @Raggamuffin73 said:
    Absolutely love this.. Laid back dub reggae.. right up my street..

@musikeer said:
    List is in order of popularity...

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3WCBCWEm40hroEP0QmaGBC

Thanks... very glad you like it!

• @sevenape said:
    This is my most popular… pretty sure I got caught up in some weird bot thing, considering the comments.

This sphere is so sexy ! Love those sounds. iOS only?

• @JanKun said:

@sevenape said:
    This is my most popular… pretty sure I got caught up in some weird bot thing, considering the comments.

This sphere is so sexy ! Love those sounds. iOS only?

Haha thanks a lot!!!! Yes iOS only! It’s a Drambo Krell style patch sampled into koala. :)

• @wim said:
    No way I'm gonna post it 'cause it's kind of embarrassingly bad but my most popular track was a rock 'n roll version of the Joy to the World Christmas carol. It was in the top 10 during the holidays time two years running on the streaming service it was on.

I never got famous or made any money off of it, but I did get hit on online by a rather large looking woman in her 50s in the Midwest of USA as a result. 😂

That’s better than all the money in the world 😂

• @el_bo said:
    This is my most popular track on Soundcloud:

Very old, now. Written for a the RPM month-long writing/recording challenge, in 2010. Lots i love about it, and much that I'd change (I know a lot more, these days).

Stats currently sit at:

There was a time when it was 'autoplay' embedded in a forum profile page, so I got a lot of clicks from that. but there're still a lot of 'genuine' listens, and likes.

Just gave you a follow !

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Back in the day, “Flavors”, got play from an international DJ or two and many plays on MySpace Music. At the time I had over 36,000 followers and “Flavors” had 42,274 plays. Very little money was made, but it helped me be one of the first artists invited to SoundCloud:

That’s awesome! Send a follow your way. I only have one song at the moment lol

• Well I only have song at the moment https://on.soundcloud.com/1PCzJLwJDBPPHJXT9

So probably that one lol. I’m uploading another tomorrow though!