Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• installing now in my two (black and white!!!) freaks!

• @Synthi said:
    installing now in my two (black and white!!!) freaks!

Nice!

• edited May 2023

You also need the most recent Midi control centre app, which has also been updated, to work with samples.
    Once you have samples loaded, to select them: hold down shift and turn the "type" knob

• Working on it.... After all seemed to be done, I clicked New Presets 5.0 on the Midi Control app, and another very slow process kicked off that appears to be downloading samples.

• edited May 2023

Really looking forward to comments here about the new Granular synth. And I'm in the dark on the new envelope enhancements.

• It's very nice, just wish getting samples in was quicker

• Urggh. Couldn't get the new 5.0 preset dragged over to empty spots on my Freak. Ended up wiping out the device presets to quickly get the 5.0 presets loaded. Lost a few custom presets.

Note to self: Export the presets before doing next big update or preset move.

• edited May 2023

@Carnbot said:

Once you have samples loaded, to select them: hold down shift and turn the "type" knob

Thanks!

• edited May 2023

Last comment for now.... is the Freak inching toward becoming an OP-1? Sure, I seriously doubt we'll suddenly see a small speaker or microphone reveal itself on the MicroFreak. Or anything like the 4 track "TAPE", with audio and MIDI recording.

But lately I've been thinking more of the Microfreak as that handy swiss-knife portable hardware synth you take anywhere you got a USB charge. Which had been a sentiment I had only for the OP-1.

• Downloading now. Sweet!

• @Samu Did you have anything to do with that new patch with your name?

• @Alfred said:
    @Samu Did you have anything to do with that new patch with your name?

Nope, I have nothing to do with it at all…

I installed the firmware, played with device a bit and realized I can do most of what it does with other apps and put it back in the box.

The samples I imported were apparently too hot (no clipping in the raw wav-files) for the freak and clipped like crazy when played back…

If I need granular synthesis with creamy filters I’ll just use Sample Alchemy in Logic for iPad :sunglasses:

• I think you have to adjust the gain of the sample in your patch.
    To bad for that lovely pp surface to have to live in a box.
    At least it is living dust free.
    But yeah logic seems more exciting for now.

• Seems like there are some bugs to solve in midi control center, can't send new presets to the extra available slots, although it works on the Freak itself.

• So here is the workaround for using the new slots and 5.0 presets, pasted from Microfreak FB user group:

• Recall your presets from microfreak to computer, it creates a new project.
    • Drag and drop the 5.0 presets to slots 1-64 of your microfreak.
    • Drag and drop the 1-64 presets from your microfreak to the just created project on computer in slots > 384.
    • Send complete project to microfreak, this takes a while but it will accept all presets.
  • edited May 2023

Carnbot: thank you!
    hope they fix this soon...

btw
    my fav feature
    and maybe you dont know about it
    is the ability to switch samples/automatize the sample to play :)

as seen here

• @waka_x said:
    Carnbot: thank you!
    hope they fix this soon...

btw
    my fav feature
    and maybe you dont know about it
    is the ability to switch samples/automatize the sample to play :)

as seen here

Love OS experimenting, always inspiring <3

• Yeah loving this update, this is now an interesting and fun granular rhythmic explorer. I've not had any problems with loading samples so far or with any clipping, despite it being a bit of annoying process having to use the app.