Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Loopy Amateur Questions
Yeah, that's me; the Loopy Amateur. : Here with my first list of questions.
Here's the story so far: I've started building my first attempt at a very simple (by LP standards) looper. 5 clips (which may get reduced to 4) with each clip getting its own set of buttons for basic looper controls. My concept is that I never want to have to press more than one button for any function, so each clip has its own toggling buttons for Reverse, 1/2 speed, 2X speed, and Fade In/Out. Still to be added: buttons for Fade All In/Out and Start/Stop All. I know that my method for constructing this was pretty much the opposite of graceful, but it's a testament to Michael's genius that I've been able to get as far as I have while barely opening the manual and only watching a couple of JP's video manual installments.
So, here is my first list of questions:
1) As I've stumbled my way through this process, I have on more than one occasion accidentally selected an action for a button in error. But I can't figure out how to remove that action. I've developed a workaround whereby I set the target for that action to "None", but I know there's a cleaner solution.
2) Is there a way to get a finer resolution slider when trimming clips in the clip details window? The cursor keeps snapping to unwanted points and I can't get the exact length I'm looking for.
3) Is there a way to access the volume and panning gestures on the clips themselves without having the mixer open?
4) As I mentioned above, I've got toggling buttons set up with each clip for reverse and speed changes and by themselves they work as I had hoped. But it seems as if using one cancels out another. For example, if I throw a loop into reverse and then want to double its speed, doing so undoes the reverse. I'm sure there's a setting associated with the actions menu that I can't find. The fade in/out toggle does not have this problem.
5) Finally, whenever I go to save my project I see a notification about the "Save Points" that I'm amassing. Where and how do I redeem those Save Points? Can I get cool Loopy merch or something?
Looking forward to edification...