Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini Vs. Arturia MiniLab 3?

Are interested in people’s opinions on these two keyboards.

Trying to decide what to do. I have always really liked M-audio quality.

Interested in other recommendations as well.

Comments

• I have Minilab MKII and I am satisfied with the build quality and features. Not so much satisfied with the white color so now I have an extremely limited edition dark grey. ;)
    From what I've seen, MK3 seems like a step forward.
    But if it's about the Oxygen Pro Mini, I'd rather compare it with the AKAI MPK mini Plus.

• edited May 2023

@johnfromberkeley said:
    Are interested in people’s opinions on these two keyboards.

Trying to decide what to do. I have always really liked M-audio quality.

Interested in other recommendations as well.

Options: M-Audio Oxygen Pro win
    Build quality: Arturia win
    Keybed: Arturia win

M-Audio keybed are always springy to my taste. For the price, Arturia always have solid hardware that feel of quality. But the endless encoder of Arturia are annoying. Not sure if it's the same with the MK3. You have to turn the encoder 6 times to make a complete circle of the encoder. OK, maybe not 6 times, but they are too slow for my taste (even though I edit them with the software).

It depends on your needs.

• I have the Minilab3 and have been pleased with it. Hard to beat for 100 bucks.
    I doubt that I use it as arduously as some others here might but that may change in the future.

• @Ben said:
    I have the Minilab3 and have been pleased with it. Hard to beat for 100 bucks.
    I doubt that I use it as arduously as some others here might but that may change in the future.

I just wish these keyboards came with headphone jacks. It’s so much easier to use when you don’t have to involve an interface. My iRig pro had that but it’s broken so now I’m back in the market but I’m only looking at Bluetooth controllers so I can hook my studio cans up to the iPad.

• i have minilab3 too. build quality very good. wish i could map start/stop/record. dont have abelton. can anyone map these control pads with IOS apps?
    thats my only gripe

• @sbcfx said:
    i have minilab3 too. build quality very good. wish i could map start/stop/record. dont have abelton. can anyone map these control pads with IOS apps?
    thats my only gripe

In user programs, when using the recently released Transport Mode (firmware version 1.1), they send MIDI CC 116, 118, 120, 122 which should be mappable. However, when using shift + transport button (the only way of using transport controls prior to 1.1) the pads only send MMC messages. An Arturia representative confirmed via email that this is inconsistent behavior and reported it to development team.

• On a more general note, M-Audio documentation and support are atrocious or nonexistent. I had to return one of their larger keyboards as a result. (And I started out as a fan because I use their audio interface and really like it.)

In contrast, Arturia support has always helped me out so far (let alone the pretty good deals they tend to offer to their existing customers).

• @Grandbear thank you for the info!