Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM CC launch file player

I can’t seem to wrap my head around this one. I am using sqsl Latch. I want to use midi CC to launch the file player in AUM from CC buttons in Latch but can’t figure this out. Any AUM experts out there who know how to set this up? Would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• This is one way, but I think Latch might not be ideal as it just has sine lfo. Set up an lfo in AUM. I like midiLFOs but any will do, here though I will explain it in terms of using midiLFOs. The first lfo in midi lfos sends on Ch 1, cc 46 by default. Set the lfo to a square wave. Set the lfo to sync mode and to a time that fits how long you want the file to play - say 8 bars or whatever.

Open an instance of file player and load a file. Click on the file player icon. Then click on the little modulation icon to the left of the title ‘file player’. In the top section set midiLFOs as your source. Below, click on ‘play enable’. Set the settings to Ch 1, CC, 46.
    Viola!

• @Gavinski said:
    This is one way, but I think Latch might not be ideal as it just has sine lfo. Set up an lfo in AUM. I like midiLFOs but any will do, here though I will explain it in terms of using midiLFOs. The first lfo in midi lfos sends on Ch 1, cc 46 by default. Set the lfo to a square wave. Set the lfo to sync mode and to a time that fits how long you want the file to play - say 8 bars or whatever.

Open an instance of file player and load a file. Click on the file player icon. Then click on the little modulation icon to the left of the title ‘file player’. In the top section set midiLFOs as your source. Below, click on ‘play enable’. Set the settings to Ch 1, CC, 46.
    Viola!

Thanks again, Gav.

• @day_empire said:
    I can’t seem to wrap my head around this one. I am using sqsl Latch. I want to use midi CC to launch the file player in AUM from CC buttons in Latch but can’t figure this out. Any AUM experts out there who know how to set this up? Would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have sqsl Latch to provide screen shots, but the process is the same for any app.

• Tap the file player node then the icon that looks like four faders at the top-left of the window to bring up the MIDI controls.
    • If you see "No MIDI Source! ..." in blue at the top of the list then tap and select sqsl Latch to connect it. Then use the back arrow to go back to MIDI Controls.
    • Tap Play enable and manually set the Channel, type=CC, and the CC number. Note the Invert and Cycle options in case you need them.
    • Set up sqsl Latch to send the CC you specified.

I hope that helps.

• @wim said:

@day_empire said:

I don't have sqsl Latch to provide screen shots, but the process is the same for any app.

• Tap the file player node then the icon that looks like four faders at the top-left of the window to bring up the MIDI controls.
    • If you see "No MIDI Source! ..." in blue at the top of the list then tap and select sqsl Latch to connect it. Then use the back arrow to go back to MIDI Controls.
    • Tap Play enable and manually set the Channel, type=CC, and the CC number. Note the Invert and Cycle options in case you need them.
    • Set up sqsl Latch to send the CC you specified.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!