Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is It Better To Resurrect 5 Year Old Threads Or Just Start A New One?

Anyone else irritated with the sudden resurrection of very old threads because someone who hasn't checked the date on the thread wants to address some long deceased point from 5 years ago?

Comments

• i preffer creating new one

• I prefer old one because you can check existing comments and have some more contexts

• I like to resurrect.
    It informs the same people who where interested in this before.

• @tja said:
    I like to resurrect.
    It informs the same people who where interested in this before.

I prefer new threads but you have a point

• I'd love to be able to filter threads based on date. If I could banish all threads older than 4-5 years past their prime, that would be fantastic.

• Resurrect, for the reasons given already.

• edited May 2023

I often resurect old thread instead of creating a new one by fear of reading:"check out this already existing thread".

And by having 32 threads on the same subject we dilude the information.

Creating a new thread is a good way to gain more attention though.

• Resurrect, mostly

• Resurrect..Like the 6-year old one I resurrected today ;)

• It depends on the title of the thread really. If it’s ‘WOW gamechanger dropping this week!! Can’t wait!!!’ from four years ago - then yes I can do without that.
    But it something interesting that you were wondering about and found a thread and want to add to it - then that’s fine.

• I’m 💯 for reanimating threads. You cannot kill that which won’t die.

• @sevenape said:
    I’m 💯 for reanimating threads. You cannot kill that which won’t die.

Haha. Thus the term “zombie threads”.

• @NeuM said:

@sevenape said:
    I’m 💯 for reanimating threads. You cannot kill that which won’t die.

Haha. Thus the term “zombie threads”.

Hahah
    Especially if they about the brainz plug in

• Resurrect recycle, unless what’s going to be discussed is radically different, then another thread might be best. It’s always a wind up when two threads are more or less identical, and it’s good to have things clarified or even just reconfirmed further down the line…

• edited May 2023

Having said that, mega threads where something ends up being discussed six times over the fifty odd pages is also a wind up…and searching for the answer you’re looking for in a non specific thread isn’t particularly efficient…

• People resurrect 20 year old threads on the Ableton forums all the time. Never did understand that.

• I'd rather create a new thread and apologise in advance if the question was already asked and receive a friendly "here's this thread (link)" than try to use Google which helps only half of the time. :lol:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I'd rather create a new thread and apologise in advance if the question was already asked and receive a friendly "here's this thread (link)" than try to use Google which helps only half of the time. :lol:

Exactly. As long as there aren't already a number of threads on the front page addressing the very same issue(s).

• How many of these old threads are still relevant? We keep seeing “Announcement” threads used again to ask a simple question
    About some current bug. Often with “Sale” titles that a just false flags.

Anyone that believes there’s an olde thread with relevant information on a new question can simply post the link.

We typically are forced to flip through pages just to find the new content and a question seeking an answer or “news”
    That’s actionable.

I love an option on the forum that filters the front page by the date of the thread but I won’t hold my breath. Lately I scale the front page and add stars to those I consider current and active. Then I bring up the page of “Favorites” and start reading. If a thread doesn’t interest me I un-Favorite it. This helps weed out the zombie threads I’m not interested even though there’s some activity there and it won’t just roll out of the way.

• @NeuM said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I'd rather create a new thread and apologise in advance if the question was already asked and receive a friendly "here's this thread (link)" than try to use Google which helps only half of the time. :lol:

Exactly. As long as there aren't already a number of threads on the front page addressing the very same issue(s).

Exactly! If there are a number of same threads on the front page or even the first couple of pages, it makes no sense to start another same thread about the same topic, but if a thread is buried deep, yeah it's alright to start a new thread. ^_^

• edited May 2023

I'm all for Resurrection! No thread forgotten!