Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[Mela 4] Wishes and Feature Request

tjatja
edited May 2023 in General App Discussion

Mela 4.
The new evolution of Mela, Mela 2 and Mela 3.

Ready to take over, but not yet finished.

What is missing for YOU?

Features for Mela 4
  1. Add hard-sync to Mela 4?8 votes
    1. Yes, it's important!
      62.50%
    2. No, don't need it.
        0.00%
    3. Don't care.
      37.50%

Comments

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

The App:

App "Mela 4 – AUv3: Synth, FX, MIDI"

Developer: Nikolozi Meladze
    URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/mela-4-auv3-synth-fx-midi/id1668299428

Minimum OS Version: 16.0
    Universal: Yes
    Price: $29.99

DESCRIPTION:

Mela is a modular music-making tool that scales with your needs. With its intuitive interface, you can seamlessly build fully custom monophonic synthesisers, unique audio effects, and complex MIDI processors. Mela can run as a standalone app on iOS and macOS or as an AUv3 plug-in inside your favourite DAW such as AUM, Drambo, Logic Pro and many more.

A Mela preset is made up of ordered modules arranged on lanes that process audio and MIDI signals. Each lane can receive and send signals to and from the host or other lanes using buses. The modulator modules can modulate any parameter of any module on any lane. The lanes and modules can be easily added, removed or rearranged making the preset as complex or as simple as desired. Mela comes with 38 modules, with new ones added with every update. The following are some examples from different categories.

• MIDI processors: arpeggiator, chord, note echo, scale, strummer
    • Synth building blocks: virtual-analog oscillator, FM operator, noise, filter, amp envelope, distortion
    • Modulators: envelope follower, envelope generator, LFO, macro control, MIDI source, random
    • Audio effects: chorus, delay, flanger, phaser, compressor
    • Utility: level metering, MIDI logger, audio oscilloscope

Inside a host, Mela can be loaded as one of the following plug-in types: Instrument, Audio Effect or MIDI Processor. The only difference between them is the number of audio and MIDI inputs and outputs. Otherwise, the features are identical and a preset created in one type can be opened by another.

Mela's capabilities continuously improve, evolve and expand based on its long-term vision and user feedback. Feel free to get in touch for anything Mela related.

Say Hello: nikolozi.com/contact
    Changelog: nikolozi.com/mela/changelog
    FAQ: nikolozi.com/mela/faq
    Mela 3 vs Mela 4: nikolozi.com/mela/getting-started/#mela-3-vs-mela-4

RELEASE NOTES: Version 4.0.1

• Fixed the About view's background colour for the dark mode.
    • Added some presets.
  • I would very much like to see hard-sync between oscillators!

Do you?

• I do hope @Nikolozi kept track of all the crazy ideas I shared with him while doing beta for Mela 4 :sunglasses:

In my opinion the best way to implement hard-sync the 'Mela 4 Way' would be to use the self-sync method that as example Twin 3 and most wave-table synths use, one knob to dial in the sync-amount.

This since audio is routed left to right in Mela 4 and you can't do 'Matrix Feedback' to any module in the chain.

• edited May 2023

Somehow posted on the wrong thread.

• edited May 2023

@Samu said:
    I do hope @Nikolozi kept track of all the crazy ideas I shared with him while doing beta for Mela 4 :sunglasses:

Yes, I have it, it's one long document in my bug tracker. Haven't gotten around to posting them on the Mela Feedback site. I will at some point. I even have notes of your feedback from Mela 2 days :)

In my opinion the best way to implement hard-sync the 'Mela 4 Way' would be to use the self-sync method that as example Twin 3 and most wave-table synths use, one knob to dial in the sync-amount.

Yes, I agree.

• @Nikolozi - would you prefer that people used your existing voting mechanism for feedback? It looks like you already have this covered! https://mela-feedback.nikolozi.com/feature-requests

• @gusgranite said:
    @Nikolozi - would you prefer that people used your existing voting mechanism for feedback? It looks like you already have this covered! https://mela-feedback.nikolozi.com/feature-requests

I prefer it, yes, but @tja wants to try something different. I don't want to force anyone to use any system they don't want to. I'm happy to collect feedback from all places. Good feedback is rare, so I try to make it as easy as possible for anyone to get in touch. Email, AB Forum, Mela Feedback site, Twitter...

• @Nikolozi said:

@gusgranite said:
    @Nikolozi - would you prefer that people used your existing voting mechanism for feedback? It looks like you already have this covered! https://mela-feedback.nikolozi.com/feature-requests

I prefer it, yes, but @tja wants to try something different. I don't want to force anyone to use any system they don't want to. I'm happy to collect feedback from all places. Good feedback is rare, so I try to make it as easy as possible for anyone to get in touch. Email, AB Forum, Mela Feedback site, Twitter...

Good attitude 👍

I’ll stick with your feedback system so it is all in one place.