Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hack to stop accidentally tapping “Projects Browser Button” that closes a Logic Pro file

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

Disclaimer: This is a very advanced hack. Do not attempt it yourself, unless you are extremely skilled with electronics repair!

Comments

• Tried it..it works !!

• Will this void my warranty?? :wink:

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Will this void my warranty?? :wink:

• A bit of aluminum foil tape should do the same, non-destructively 😊

• edited May 2023

(as a more viable software-only hack: Just activate Guided Access for Logic, and circle the area of the "Back" button to disable it.)

EDIT: That'll probably prevent you from sliding-over other apps (Files, etc.) though :(

• They seriously need to do something about it lol, I think in the last two days I’ve hit it like 6 times. It’s about the only gripe I have with it haha

• Tapping. Taping. Tapping. Taping. Taping...... Tapping.

• Yep.. this is one bummer in Logic.. for now..🥵

• In the same time, that arrow (to close projects) is in right naturally place, UI-wise, it’s the browser that is on wrong place…

• edited May 2023

same here..🙈
    thx a lot 👍
    😂

• I’ve not even once un-intentionally or accidentally tapped that back-arrow…

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    In the same time, that arrow (to close projects) is in right naturally place, UI-wise, it’s the browser that is on wrong place…

I think Apple intentionally put the browser there to shorten the ‘tap-n-drag distance’.

• @Samu said:
    I’ve not even once un-intentionally or accidentally tapped that back-arrow…

Not me too after over 30 hours in it. But as with any software I apply the basic rule , I tap on the save button every 5 minutes, I have done that with any software for decades,

• GarageBand has a down arrow with a link to ‘my songs’. Maybe that would be better.

• @BerlinFx said:

@Samu said:

Not me too after over 30 hours in it. But as with any software I apply the basic rule , I tap on the save button every 5 minutes, I have done that with any software for decades,

I'd love to see a 'revert to last saved' or something similar to 'Time Machine' (if enabled) on the Mac where you can go back in time to a previously saved state of the project.

This would make it easier to avoid accidental changes to a project which get auto-saved when closed with no way to do 'version management' other than manually making a copy before opening a project...

But hey, it's V1.0 and it's not been out for even full week yet :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@BerlinFx said:

@Samu said:

I'd love to see a 'revert to last saved' or something similar to 'Time Machine' (if enabled) on the Mac where you can go back in time to a previously saved state of the project.

This would make it easier to avoid accidental changes to a project which get auto-saved when closed with no way to do 'version management' other than manually making a copy before opening a project...

But hey, it's V1.0 and it's not been out for even full week yet :sunglasses:

Loopy pro has us spoiled with its project history.

• @gregsmith said:

Loopy pro has us spoiled with its project history.

I love the way both Gadget and NS2 handle projects.
    Never lost anything and my saved project is always kept intact unless I choose to over-write it.

I'm quite sure things will improve over time.

So far I am pleasantly surprised by Logic for iPad as it does most of the things I need it to do.
    But I would really love to see drag'n'drop export of audio and midi-regions.
    (Ie. drag a region to Files.app, Koala, Drambo etc.).

• @Samu said:

So far I am pleasantly surprised by Logic for iPad as it does most of the things I need it to do.
    But I would really love to see drag'n'drop export of audio and midi-regions.
    (Ie. drag a region to Files.app, Koala, Drambo etc.).

+1 million. Especially as dragging a midi region already renders it instantly to audio.

• I thought you would suggest this: