Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BFM (big f*ing (audio) meters) by OSC Audio (Released)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bfm-metering-suite/id6450574108

BFM or Big Fing Meters is a macOS, Windows, and soon to be iOS compatible Metering plug-in designed exactly how the name sounds... really fing big. With the main goal of readability we wanted to bring a meter that you can see from across the studio and keep your records clip-free.

BFM currently offers 6 Modes with RMS, LUFs, Peak, and Peak Hold values, to give you a variety of views to keep your signal under control. The Text, Bars, Waves, VU Meters, Spectrum, & Time let you decide how you want to keep track of your signal with multiple fonts/formats to view them in.

• Text gives you a quick look at just the values easy to see from across the room. This view offers the most values with RMS, Peak, Peak Hold, and LUFs (Short Term & Momentary with Maximum values and LUFS range) values available. Controllable sensitivity & peak hold time for all pages. Reset Peak Hold with a click off the value.

• Bar offers a more traditional meter for seeing the range of values showing RMS, Peak, Peak Hold, and LUFS. Correlation & Balance meters included to set your stereo image and phase response. Peak Hold resets on value click. Sensitivity changes on bar click. LUFS readings select on click. Included reference points for -24 (EBU), -16 (Apple Music), & -7 as a suggested maximum for most genres.

• Wave view gives you a look at your waveform after your channel effects with the ability to quickly mark in dB where you want to see your signals peak. To freeze click the waveform. To reset Peak Hold click the value.

• VU Meter Designed for a quick look at your overall levels. Featuring controllable Attack, Release, Minimum, and Maximum value control. Left/Right, Mid/Side, PPM, and LUFS options available. Click VU to enter dark mode.

• Spectrum is a simplified frequency spectrum view with 3 quality modes. Great for getting an overall look at where your frequencies are when mixing or editing. Tap to freeze and inspect. There is also the PEAK value displayed on this page. To reset Peak Hold click the value.

Expected Release: This weekend

Comments

• While definitely not the most exciting plugin (I think there are other metering apps out there), the UI on BFM looks sleek and pristine and perfect for monitoring various aspects of audio production.

• edited May 2023

wooww @ninobeatz are these, specifically the VU meter taking advantage of the high refresh rates on the ipads? and can the ballistics be modified on a sub panel? or is it set at the usual 600 .IF so this is truely groundbreaking and the only thing ive been missing since my window days.

Also a Bendy meter bbc type would be even more amazing to have in the pack. Cant believe its not with apple yet

Cheers!

• Need this.

• No link, no click.
    Old rule 😅

• Useful, one thing i don't vibe with is this "metal" shading on frames. Minimal/material design as option would be sweet

• @zedzdeadbaby said:
    wooww @ninobeatz are these, specifically the VU meter taking advantage of the high refresh rates on the ipads? and can the ballistics be modified on a sub panel? or is it set at the usual 600 .IF so this is truely groundbreaking and the only thing ive been missing since my window days.

Also a Bendy meter bbc type would be even more amazing to have in the pack. Cant believe its not with apple yet

Cheers!

Can you explain further? I’ve received a response on these questions. The developer is open to looking into this. It can be added as a new feature

• iOS release is heating up! Testing from Garage Band (iPhone) up to LPi complete! Release in a few weeks

• @ninobeatz said:
    iOS release is heating up! Testing from Garage Band (iPhone) up to LPi complete! Release in a few weeks

Cool! Like the way these look.

• The wait is excruciating, lol.

• @HotStrange said:

Huh. I was just trying to keep myself from posting that I can't stand those overdone shiny bezels. 😂

• I can't wait for these to drop

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I can't wait for these to drop

Check your Twitter inbox!

• @ninobeatz said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I can't wait for these to drop

Check your Twitter inbox!

Oh? :)

• @wim said:

@HotStrange said:

Huh. I was just trying to keep myself from posting that I can't stand those overdone shiny bezels. 😂

I kinda like kitsch and gaudy designs so maybe that’s why 😂

• Releasing this weekend..

• edited July 2023

Interesting for a short sighted hybrid (hard- and software) synthesist like myself. Just bought it, but already requested a refund: The spectrum display crashed when I tried to change the resolution and I am unable to enable peak hold. And although these are big meters, parts of the UI (specially that segment display font they are using) are not eye friendly. I would probably buy it if they would introduce themes - including eye and night friendly dark ones with easy readable fonts.

• wimwim
    edited July 2023

I just can’t do those chrome bezels for some reason. 🫣
    That’s not like me, to reject an app based on looks. Weird.

Also, 160MB for a metering app?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @catherder said:
    Interesting for a short sighted hybrid (hard- and software) synthesist like myself. Just bought it, but already requested a refund: The spectrum display crashed when I tried to change the resolution and I am unable to enable peak hold. And although these are big meters, parts of the UI (specially that segment display font they are using) are not eye friendly. I would probably buy it if they would introduce themes - including eye and night friendly dark ones with easy readable fonts.

Refund already? Usually issues like crashes are addressed in the first few days. How many times did you try it? Did you do a restart of the iPad? I assume you attempted to contact the devs already?

• @HotStrange said:

@catherder said:

Refund already? Usually issues like crashes are addressed in the first few days. How many times did you try it? Did you do a restart of the iPad? I assume you attempted to contact the devs already?

It’s not just the crashes but the app simply doesn’t work for me.

• edited July 2023

@catherder said:

@HotStrange said:

@catherder said:

Fair enough. I usually try to give an app a couple of days before I refund.

I’ve actually never refunded an app though.

• @wim said:

Dude I just stopped from buying it for the same reason. Yuck.

• edited July 2023

@catherder said:

Sorry to hear of your troubles! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support link. We'd love to figure out what is going on here and how we can help make BFM more useful for you.

Contact support directly here: [email protected]

@wim said:

We're optimizing some sizes, but it's got quite a bit in there.

I do have good news on the GUI for you and the above user. Check out the link below for a short video sneak peak of what's coming next. I've snuck in a Dark Mode and Minimalistic version for those who want to avoid the chrome border.

https://imgur.com/3tpcv7A

Link (For Movement): imgur.com/3tpcv7A

• edited July 2023

@OSC_Audio said:

@catherder said:

Sorry to hear of your troubles! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support link. We'd love to figure out what is going on here and how we can help make BFM more useful for you.

Contact support directly here: [email protected]

@wim said:

We're optimizing some sizes, but it's got quite a bit in there.

I do have good news on the GUI for you and the above user. Check out the link below for a short video sneak peak of what's coming next. I've snuck in a Dark Mode and Minimalistic version for those who want to avoid the chrome border.

https://imgur.com/3tpcv7A

Link (For Movement): imgur.com/3tpcv7A

@OSC_Audio thanks for these updates. Dark Mode and Minimalistic version is great. Are there any plans for a theme with a more readable font ? I know many people might like this font for the segment display style, but for me its hard to read. An app like BFM is predestined for a kind of "accessibility mode" with eyesight friendly colors and easy readable fonts. And that would probably be good for marketing it as well.

• edited July 2023

$4.99 and moving up in the top 200 paid music apps in the states.

• This is by far my favorite meter on desktop...
    https://www.tbproaudio.de/products/mvmeter2

It has the advantage in that it can also adjust the level of audio it meters, so if the audio meters below the set target level it can adjust the gain to hit the target level...

...oh and it's completely free :sunglasses:

• @HotStrange said:

@catherder said:

@HotStrange said:

@catherder said:

Seems to me there is no choice but to wait a couple of days. If I buy something I can't request a refund for a couple of days anyway. Until the radio button shows next to the app in the Report a Problem page.

• @Ailerom said:

@HotStrange said:

@catherder said:

@HotStrange said:

@catherder said:

Seems to me there is no choice but to wait a couple of days. If I buy something I can't request a refund for a couple of days anyway. Until the radio button shows next to the app in the Report a Problem page.

I thought I remembered there being a time limit on it. 2 days makes sense.