Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Team Auxy

Yeah that’s right. So what if the subscription costs as much as Logic and there hasn’t been a content update in ages? 😂. At the end of the day there’s no other app that does the mastering for you under the hood if you want. And it does a damn fine job. And the sounds and samples are inspiring. Right now, there’s a high school kid somewhere polishing an album of original music he banged out over the weekend in Auxy while you’re still fiddling around trying to figure out how to automate your AUV3s. Sometimes it’s just the right tool for the job.

Comments

• RIP Auxy, you were my favorite for so long, but you’re dead to me now.

• Yeah, no content update in ages is why, after 5 years, I cancelled my Auxy sub, lol.

• @Tarekith said:
    RIP Auxy, you were my favorite for so long, but you’re dead to me now.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Yeah, no content update in ages is why, after 5 years, I cancelled my Auxy sub, lol.

Has anyone heard if they are working on another app? I’d be really surprised if Lenberg and co just totally shut down shop and left the game

• No idea, I stopped following them when they went the subscription route I’m afraid.

• @Tarekith said:
    No idea, I stopped following them when they went the subscription route I’m afraid.

What's funny is that's when I first took interest in Auxy. Their promises of not only constant feature updates but more content is what hooked me onto their subscription. It was a fun ride for over five years, but they then eliminated the section that announced new pack updates, stopped with the feature updates, a certain Apple flagship DAW was released for the exact same subscription price as Auxy's, and I simply ended my subscription for Auxy and deleted it.

• @db909 said:
    Right now, there’s a high school kid somewhere polishing an album of original music he banged out over the weekend in Auxy while you’re still fiddling around trying to figure out how to automate your AUV3s.

Very true lol.

Shame to hear it seems almost abandoned. It really does sound great.

• Auxy exist to remind you that subscription doesn’t warranty updates 😂

• @db909 said:

@Tarekith said:
    RIP Auxy, you were my favorite for so long, but you’re dead to me now.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Yeah, no content update in ages is why, after 5 years, I cancelled my Auxy sub, lol.

Has anyone heard if they are working on another app? I’d be really surprised if Lenberg and co just totally shut down shop and left the game

It’s done. I was a mod over at the forum before it was shut down since like 2018, he checked out a long long time ago. There were two main developers (Henrik Lenberg, Fredrik Gadnell) and a third developer (Andreas Öman). In the early days both Henrik and Fredrik were available on the forum and stuff and then by like 2019 you never saw or heard much from Fredrik. He might still be involved in bug fixes and such but the app is very very much in maintenance mode. We’ve tried stalking his Twitter and stuff and the quote everyone on the forum it’s been “radio silence”.

I think the tough part was that there’s about 8,529 drum sounds, so like, how much more can you add. The synth sound selection got smaller and less frequent as time went on and it really seemed like it was getting phoned in. After awhile they all started to sound rehashed too.

The melodic sampler was a cool addition, but there’s just not enough control to make it super useful. While Henrik was still about I had asked if a looping mode could be introduced so that we could use single cycle waveforms, but that was met with a “Yeah nah” basically. It would have opened up the synth capabilities a bit, but very shortly after all that I checked out.

It had a lot of potential, I think for what it is and what it does it’s really good. @db909 you’re 1000% right it’s so easy to get something that just sounds GOOD and polished out of it, but an app in maintenance mode should be charging maintenance mode prices (fun fact, it used to be 4.99 a month, it’s 5.99 a month now).

• I'm still angry they removed the transition feature, by far one of the most brilliant features IMVHO. :)

• @Tarekith said:
    I'm still angry they removed the transition feature, by far one of the most brilliant features IMVHO. :)

Transition was like easy automation across a bar or whatever you set?

• I only have the free Auxy and it’s fun but I couldn’t imagine paying monthly for it with no real updates.

• @gusgranite said:

@Tarekith said:
    I'm still angry they removed the transition feature, by far one of the most brilliant features IMVHO. :)

Transition was like easy automation across a bar or whatever you set?

Across the length of the pattern, but it was super easy to get some really evolving patterns that way.

• I was a fan of the original Auxy and still have it.

It features MIDI out!
    Something they never added to the subscription version.

• @tja said:
    I was a fan of the original Auxy and still have it.

It features MIDI out!
    Something they never added to the subscription version.

Tested the old Auxy App:

Live MIDI out is either removed or crippled.
    Does not work anymore - only MIDI out to file is possible, like with the new Auxy App.

Very sad.