Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone knows which effects you get in IK Multimedia Mixbox SE Edition IAP?

It doesn’t tell you. I would like to know what I’m buying. Incidentally the distortion in the free edition is superb - which has led to my interest in the first place.

Comments

• I will not deal anymore buying anything to IK multimedia, they don’t care enough of their customers just money business nothing again business but no respect for customers is not good, I will never forget.

• Unfortunately I don't know, but what I can say is, I have the full version on desktop and am pretty happy with it. On top of that, they pretty regularly put the full iOS IAP on sale for 50 bucks (if I remember right twice in the last half a year). May be worth waiting for them to do that again.

• Y> @robosardine said:

It doesn’t tell you. I would like to know what I’m buying. Incidentally the distortion in the free edition is superb - which has led to my interest in the first place.

You could go on IK website were the list all the effects.

• @tyslothrop1 said:
    Unfortunately I don't know, but what I can say is, I have the full version on desktop and am pretty happy with it. On top of that, they pretty regularly put the full iOS IAP on sale for 50 bucks (if I remember right twice in the last half a year). May be worth waiting for them to do that again.

I can’t speak for Desktop I had problems on iPad, they surely care more about their Desktop consumers.

• @ecou said:
    Y> @robosardine said:

You could go on IK website were the list all the effects.

@BiancaNeve said:
    https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixboxipad/

Thanks - but there is no list of the effects you get with the SE IAP

• @robosardine said:
    I would like to know what I’m buying.

open https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/?pkey=mixbox and scroll down until you see a red compare version button: you shall see the list of the 24 included modules

• @RockBottom said:

@robosardine said:
    I would like to know what I’m buying.

open https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/?pkey=mixbox and scroll down until you see a red compare version button: you shall see the list of the 24 included modules

👆🏻👆🏼👆🏽👆🏾👆🏿👆

• Ah right - see it now, thanks. Just one more distortion then 😕

• Mixbox is absolutely worth the price of admissions for the full version. Lots of effect possibility, lots of presets and 8 effects all in one Auv3 slot. It’s a big benefits not often talked about

• @ecou said:
    Mixbox is absolutely worth the price of admissions for the full version. Lots of effect possibility, lots of presets and 8 effects all in one Auv3 slot. It’s a big benefits not often talked about

Yes I wouldn’t dispute that - as I mentioned above I was impressed with the distortion that comes with the free version. If I could buy all the distortions in a pack then I wouldn’t hesitate for a second. But to get them I would have to buy the full version. At the same time this would cost less than the price of a single boutique pedal. I may just wait for the sale to arrive then jump on it.

• edited May 2023

@BerlinFx said:
    I will not deal anymore buying anything to IK multimedia, they don’t care enough of their customers just money business nothing again business but no respect for customers is not good, I will never forget.

Again, it seems like you are here to argue rather than listen :smile:

IK make some of the highest quality apps on iOS (and desktop for that matter - except on iOS we don't have to put up with the T-Racks installer haha). I have had really good customer service experiences with them. I admit, many have not which is well detailed on KVR Audio. If you want to share your support experience to warn off others then start that thread. Otherwise, it looks like you are just trying to diss IK in a random thread where someone is actually looking for an answer to a specific question.

• https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/index.php?p=versions
    These 16 effects are in SE (24) and not in CS (8) version:
    British Tube Lead
    Preamp
    SVT Classic
    Lo-Fi
    British Dynamics
    White 2A
    Parametric EQ
    Env Filter
    Wah 47
    Electric Flanger
    Ensemble
    Phaser
    Slicer
    Ambience
    Plate Reverb
    Saturator-X

• @filo01 said:
    https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/index.php?p=versions
    British Tube Lead
    Preamp
    SVT Classic
    Lo-Fi
    British Dynamics
    White 2A
    Parametric EQ
    Env Filter
    Wah 47
    Electric Flanger
    Ensemble
    Phaser
    Slicer
    Ambience
    Plate Reverb
    Saturator-X

The slicer is a lot of fun. I use it within Syntronik all the time. Really good Mixbox goes on sale this month.

• @HotStrange said:

@filo01 said:
    British Tube Lead
    Preamp
    SVT Classic
    Lo-Fi
    British Dynamics
    White 2A
    Parametric EQ
    Env Filter
    Wah 47
    Electric Flanger
    Ensemble
    Phaser
    Slicer
    Ambience
    Plate Reverb
    Saturator-X

The slicer is a lot of fun. I use it within Syntronik all the time. Really good Mixbox goes on sale this month.

Great! It goes on sale - is it possible to know when? I didn’t see anything on appsliced. Is it a regular Black Friday thing?

• @robosardine said:

@HotStrange said:

@filo01 said:
    British Tube Lead
    Preamp
    SVT Classic
    Lo-Fi
    British Dynamics
    White 2A
    Parametric EQ
    Env Filter
    Wah 47
    Electric Flanger
    Ensemble
    Phaser
    Slicer
    Ambience
    Plate Reverb
    Saturator-X

Great! It goes on sale - is it possible to know when? I didn’t see anything on appsliced. Is it a regular Black Friday thing?

Whoops meant to say really HOPE it goes on sale.

But they do sales at least a couple of times a year it seems like. It’s hard to gage on appliced because the base app is free which causes some discrepancies I think.

I can’t afford the full $80 but if they do the sale for $30-$40 I’ll buy immediately. I’ve tried them inside Syntronik and they all sound amazing. The Slicer and AM/FM additions add a lot to it.

IFX rack is on sale right now and it’s also great, imo.

• @HotStrange said:

@robosardine said:

@HotStrange said:

@filo01 said:
    British Tube Lead
    Preamp
    SVT Classic
    Lo-Fi
    British Dynamics
    White 2A
    Parametric EQ
    Env Filter
    Wah 47
    Electric Flanger
    Ensemble
    Phaser
    Slicer
    Ambience
    Plate Reverb
    Saturator-X

But they do sales at least a couple of times a year it seems like. It’s hard to gage on appliced because the base app is free which causes some discrepancies I think.

I can’t afford the full $80 but if they do the sale for $30-$40 I’ll buy immediately. I’ve tried them inside Syntronik and they all sound amazing. The Slicer and AM/FM additions add a lot to it.

Yes exactly - I’m in the same boat 30-40 sounds good. Hope they are reading this and bring it up at the next team meeting.

• @robosardine said:

@HotStrange said:

@robosardine said:

@HotStrange said:

@filo01 said:
    British Tube Lead
    Preamp
    SVT Classic
    Lo-Fi
    British Dynamics
    White 2A
    Parametric EQ
    Env Filter
    Wah 47
    Electric Flanger
    Ensemble
    Phaser
    Slicer
    Ambience
    Plate Reverb
    Saturator-X

Yes exactly - I’m in the same boat 30-40 sounds good. Hope they are reading this and bring it up at the next team meeting.

Let’s hope so 🤞

• Is it possible to use a footswitch with MixBox?