Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Must Read / Kazzrie Jaxsen shares Tristano’s improv method

The second part, pg 2 is where Kazzrie gets down to it. The first part is biographical and interesting.

https://www.allaboutjazz.com/kazzrie-jaxen-the-impulse-of-creation-part-1-a-journey-in-music

Comments

• I’m not a big jazz guy but that was an amazing read. I think I’m going to binge on Lenny Tristano for a bit.

• edited May 2023

I’m glad it affected you that way @geremy. He was an innovator not only in playing but also in teaching an abstruse art.

• 😍 nice voice too! ” Lennie had studied Wilhelm Reich's work” 👀 😉

• This part hit me:

I also want to point out that we were living in a different world then. There were no computers, cell phones, answering machines, and most of us didn't have TVs. We valued time and privacy. If we wanted to focus on our music for a few days, we'd turn off our phones. And everyone was okay with that! Most of us had part-time jobs, just enough to pay for rent, food, and bills. We could afford to have our own apartment on a part-time salary, and we looked for special places (like apartments over stores) where we could play at all hours. We spent hours of the day practicing alone, and played sessions at night. It was a deep, rich, glorious time.

• And then this one:

Many people believe there's an awakening taking place on this planet, that we're evolving from unconscious creators into conscious creators. To create the world we want to live in, to consciously dream it into being, we need to generate and celebrate the energy of creation. I don't think there's anything more important than this. Each one of us has a part to play in our collective dream-shifting. And it's very concrete, very real. Science is now confirming what ancient spiritual traditions and shamans have known all along- -the Universe isn't "out there somewhere." It's here, inside of us. We ARE the Universe—and we're each other. We're all part of one quantum field of energy. This means we can no longer define ourselves in terms of finite form. We're also infinite and formless. Our human operating system is in the process of adapting to this new awareness, and it's changing everything—the way we relate to each other, the way we create with each other. We're in the midst of an evolutionary leap—the birth of a new consciousness on this planet.

• That's really a stunning performance. It reminds me of one of my favorites: Andy Bey. Does she have more vocal records like this one?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr, I don’t think so but she has a bunch of stuff on YouTube. It is, indeed, a stunner.

• Bumping so @McD and others might not miss this.

• Thanks for sharing this!