Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

3rd Party AUV3 Stability/Crash Issues in Logic Pro

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

I'm having such bad performance issues that Logic Pro is unusable with certain plugins. I am running an iPad Pro 12.9" M1 chip.

Plugins with issues identified so far:

• IK Multimedia TONEX
    • TONEX crashes as soon as I record enable a track.
    • UPDATE: The TONEX plugin loads fine with the ipad mic selected as the input source. Crashes when I select my audio interface.
    • UPDATE: The “Software Monitoring” Setting in the App settings appears to be the culprit. As soon as this is toggled, it crashes the plugin.
  • Virsyn AudioLayer
    • AudioLayer does not keep the samples (or it appears even the plug-in itself) loaded when not in use, and goes completely unstable after just a few loaded instances of the plugin.
    • Theory: Something Logic Pro is doing manage/conserve resources and CPU
    • @VirSyn - might want to chime in here?

If any one else is having specific issues, maybe we can report them here to get a list going so Devs can see.

Comments

• I’ve got the exact same thing with Logic and TONEX. Really frustrating! Did you find any workaround?

• Gauss and Knock crashed randomly for me

• Imaginando DRC also crashes randomly
    iKmultimedia Hammond B-3x doesn’t start at all

• Ruh roh. Chordjam UI doesn’t load in Logic for me. Thiiiis could be a LP deal breaker for me.

• Only LP crash I have is loading an av3 when the beta test time has finished
    Meaning the av3 is not available on my iPad anymore
    Which I understand
    Scaler 2 is damn slow to load but I just sit back and wait

• I expect to see an avalanche of app updates in the near future...

Make sure to report any or all issues to the developers of the apps which have issues...
    ...and if It's a Logic error use the feedback form over at Apple.
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro/
    (Be sure to select iPad as the device).

• edited June 2023

Koala FX and bleass slow motion just got updated!!!

But effectrix is still causing issues like slow downs and freezes.

And Roli Noise acts a fool too. It’s hot or miss when it wants to load and play.

• Some plug-is suffer from 'Laggy UI', especially when scaling the plug-in up/down...

...I suspect those plug-ins heavily rely on OpenGL and should be updated to use Metal as OpenGL is another one of those 'deprecated' iOS/iPadOS technologies....

But hey, JUCE folks love OpenGL so expect issues with AUv3's based on JUCE framework until they ditch OpenGL out the window...

• I’ve had the same issues with TONEX and thu overload. It seems if I load an audio patch in a track first then I can get thu to work. TONEX started working for me but will not allow me to open tonenet now. It works fine in standalone. I’ve deleted and redownloaded lp a couple of times. But that didnt help and deleted TONEX and reloaded it, also didn’t seem to help. I had to go to 16.5 in order to load logicpro. Im not sure if that is the problem.

• It looks like a lot of apps are updating to accommodate Logic Pro, so I’m guessing over time more will have to do so…

• @Poppadocrock said:
    It looks like a lot of apps are updating to accommodate Logic Pro, so I’m guessing over time more will have to do so…

I suspect Logic Pro will become the new 'GarageBand' for some developers to test their plug-ins with.
    Would not be at all surprised if Apple does a heavy push of Logic Pro for iPad during the WWDC'23 audio related sessions.

• I’ve had trouble with Geoshred, the SWAM viola standalone version, and Respiro on my air three in the last day or so… not sure if it’s my underpowered machine, or perhaps solvable issues…

• I had issues with Audiolayer not keeping its samples in Garageband a while back.
    By this I mean that when loading a song some of the samples would be missing from the AL instrument.
    Reloading the instrument fixed this in AL.

This works ok in AUM and Cubasis. @VirSyn did me a couple of beta versions to try to fix it for GB, but I just moved away from GB instead. No-one else seemed to be getting these issues, but if there's now a bunch of folks encountering similar with Logic, then perhaps send Virsyn some sample projects so he can investigate.

• Kb 1 keyboard crashes for me, and scaler ui render super slow when resizing on ipad pro 2018 model

• Decent Sampler doesn't load in LP...

• edited June 2023

@Bootsy said:
    I’ve had the same issues with TONEX and thu overload. It seems if I load an audio patch in a track first then I can get thu to work. TONEX started working for me but will not allow me to open tonenet now. It works fine in standalone. I’ve deleted and redownloaded lp a couple of times. But that didnt help and deleted TONEX and reloaded it, also didn’t seem to help. I had to go to 16.5 in order to load logicpro. Im not sure if that is the problem.

I haven’t managed to get TONEX working without crashing. Has anyone figured this out?

• AddStation freezes and then crashes Logic.