Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone know how to split clips on the sequencer timeline ?

Is it possible to split a clip ..I want to delete a few clips but they seem kind of tied together. How is it done? Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2023

Easy, first use the select tool (2nd rightmost tool) and select both regions.
    Tap the split tool, tap on one of the selected regions and a scissor tool will appear.
    Select the position where to do the cut and swipe down, all selected evens will be split.
    Repeat as many times as needed.

• edited May 2023

That makes sense but I couldn’t find the scissors tool. I am trying to find this. On the online YouTube videos it shows the song mode, but not a lot in editing . Thanks , I’ll look for this, but I still don’t see it ?. .

• edited May 2023

Ok, I think I chose it but I don’t see any option to spilt it. It just says copy or delete.

• @Samu said:
    Tap the split tool, tap on one of the selected regions and a scissor tool will appear.
    Select the position where to do the cut and swipe down, all selected evens will be split.

This is a question about Loopy Pro. Loopy Pro doesn't have a split tool.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Samu said:

This is a question about Loopy Pro. Loopy Pro doesn't have a split tool.

But you wrote above to tap the split tool. Perhaps you meant for Logic ?

• edited May 2023

Edit - post removed - my mistake

• @Antos3345 said:
    Is it possible to split a clip ..I want to delete a few clips but they seem kind of tied together. How is it done? Thanks !

It looks like you dragged out one clip to repeat for an extended period. When you drag out a clip, you get a single event that fills the time. What you need to do is shrink that long event to end where you want by grabbing its end and dragging to the left.

• edited May 2023

--- was a response to a now-deleted post

• Ah ok.. that kinda blows IMOP. I was actually recording a session to make a kind of arrangement and now I’m stuck with this, I must be doing it wrong. Thx.

• edited May 2023

Never mind...

• edited May 2023

Never Mind, I'll just hide the LoopyPro category for now...

• @espiegel123 said:
    --- was a response to a now-deleted post

Lol. Yea I realized it was about Loopy Pro not Logic Pro, so I removed it. Then I saw that it was under the Loopy Pro Category and realized I definitely made a mistake.

• edited May 2023

@Samu said:
    Ooops, I thought you were thinking about Logic Pro, Sorry...
    ...it was PoopyPro :sunglasses:

• @Antos3345 said:
    Ah ok.. that kinda blows IMOP. I was actually recording a session to make a kind of arrangement and now I’m stuck with this, I must be doing it wrong. Thx.

Please see my explanation above about how to fix it. You just need to shorten that stream of events. You just drag the right edge of that long series of repeats and drag it to where you want it to end. If you want it to resume after a break, just tap where you want to add the new events.

• It's in the Loopy Pro Category 🤗

I'm glad that restriction works and I don't even see the Logic Pro postings anymore!

• @Antos3345 : did you see my explanation about how to fix it?

• edited May 2023

@Poppadocrock said:

@Samu said:
    Ooops, I thought you were thinking about Logic Pro, Sorry...
    ...it was PoopyPro :sunglasses:

No worries. Thanks for trying. It could definitely use a scissor and split tool. Yes, I’ll have to manually reduce the loop and rearrange.