Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Team Nanostudio

With rise of teams, opening team for those very few of us who doesn’t give a crap about lack of audio tracks and auv3 fx automation :-)))

Hope i will not stay alone here :lol:

New pool with better formulated question
  1. Will you continue to use Nanostudio ?59 votes
    1. Yes
      61.02%
    2. No
      23.73%
    3. When audio tracks ????
      15.25%

Comments

• I got Nanostudio on my old IpadAir 2 as seems useable in this old ipad isn’t it @dendy ? It is not my main daw.

I do only electro with it so no needs for audio or vocals in some music I do and it is the best daw and easiest one only midi daw. Quick to use.

Good points for me : Slate and Obsidian and good bus and mixing for midi.

I need to learn more some tricks on it so I join the team.

• It’s a truly epic piece of software. And a shame the developer wasn’t able to justify completing his vision. But what is there is an epic design and set of synth capabilities that no single developer has been able to rival with the possible exception of Drambo which doesn’t quite inspire me to dig in and learn to build synths and master it’s groove box design.

• It's a great piece of software. Aside from the audio tracks issue which isn't a concern for me personally, I think just a few tweaks and it could be back at the top table. Matt the developer doesn't seem to want to progress the app, maybe he could make it open source or do a deal with another developer to continue it.

Are there any volunteers? Who would be a good developer to move NS2 to the next level? NS3 at say £50 a pop?

• Nanostudio 2 isn’t the only abandonware on iOS/iPadOS platform - it seems to be hard to live on the revenue from products on this platform (may changed in the future)…

Both Beatmaker 3 and Auria Pro feels like abandonware also…

Apples release of Logic Pro for iPad may vitalize this scene and a new generation hopefully will join this wonderful mobile music making!

• Nanostudio has the best UI of any iOS DAW by far, and I prefer the tabbed interface compared to the more fiddly resizable windows in Logic, because you spend much less time resizing bits of the UI.

The MIDI routing is also much better in NS2.

If Matt had ever been able to build audio tracks it could have been the best DAW, but without audio tracks it's too incomplete, which is a real shame.

• @BerlinFx said:
    I got Nanostudio on my old IpadAir 2 as seems useable in this old ipad isn’t it @dendy ?

definitely useable.. if you stay with just obsidian, slate and stock fxs you can do a lot with it

here plethora of tips & tricks to learn ;) even stuff like “fake time stretch/pitch shifting”

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/discussion/366/tutorials-tips-and-tricks

• @richardyot said:
    Nanostudio has the best UI of any iOS DAW by far, and I prefer the tabbed interface compared to the more fiddly resizable windows in Logic, because you spend much less time resizing bits of the UI.

I also prefer tabbed interfaces and wish LogiciOS had one (Logic on desktop allows users to organise and save their own layouts as snapshots).

Never ended up trying NS2, as my (at the time) old iPad wasn’t conducive to DAW work by that point. But from afar, it seems to have a really well thought out, open and 'clean' user environment. Had it not been on life-support for the last couple of years there’s no doubt I would’ve bought and used it…even without specific audio support.

I did own the original NS, though. Used it on a tiny iPod Touch, and had started to make an album (probably just an EP). Unfortunately I 'lost' that iPod in an unfortunate set of events and so never got to complete it.

• @dendy said:

@BerlinFx said:
    I got Nanostudio on my old IpadAir 2 as seems useable in this old ipad isn’t it @dendy ?

definitely useable.. if you stay with just obsidian, slate and stock fxs you can do a lot with it

here plethora of tips & tricks to learn ;) even stuff like “fake time stretch/pitch shifting”

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/discussion/366/tutorials-tips-and-tricks

Thanks for advices and links

• Didn't vote because it's not my main DAW. I will definitely continue using it though!

• Me too. Don't have a main DAW, but even did more with NS2 after I learned that there will be no audio tracks - before, I was just kind of waiting for them.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

I'm not sure if being replaced by Logic Pro or not was implied in the question.

I voted "No" but not because of Logic Pro, which I'm not interested in. NS2 wasn't my main DAW in the first place. NS2 is beautifully executed but incomplete for my purposes.

• I don't have a main daw on iOS, but Nanostudio is my absolute favourite. The only daw that is both eminently usable and beautifully designed.

Playing around with Logic for iPad these days reminded me again just how much more user-friendly and esthetically pleasing NS2 is. Not even in the same ballpark, really.

• @rs2000 said:
    Didn't vote because it's not my main DAW. I will definitely continue using it

hm, wrongly formulated question, my fault.

• In Logic it's pretty tedious if you have a full-screen mixer window, then you tap on a plugin to edit the settings, but once you exit the plugin the mixer window has shrunk to a quarter of its size, so you have to maximise or resize it again. It doesn't really feel like a polished UI.

• edited May 2023

@tja said:
    Me too. Don't have a main DAW, but even did more with NS2 after I learned that there will be no audio tracks - before, I was just kind of waiting for them.

my man ! that’s right attitude .. btw. don’t make mistake, i have my own personal list of features i would love to see VERY MUCH (probably different than most of ppl here :-)) - but it is what it is, sometimes one just need accept world rarely adjusts to our expectations, so we must adjust ourselved instead…

• I’ve never felt the need to try anything else since the arrival of NS2. I haven’t made any music in iOS for a while now, but if I go back I know I’ll be able to slip back into a super fine piece of software.

• edited May 2023

@LeeB said:
    haven’t made any music in iOS for a while now,

Speaking of which, didn’t hear anything new from you for 3 months ! No excuses, quickly connect your gear and make again some nice jam :-)

• Recreated pool with better formulated question !

• Love Nanostudio 2, Slate may still be the best drum machine style sampler and the lack of audio tracks do not bother me at all. NS2 is a great soft studio with a very efficient piano roll.

• I’ll probably still use NS2 on the iPhone but not much if at all on iPad.

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Both Beatmaker 3 and Auria Pro feels like abandonware also…

Last time I used AP it was a bug fest. Last time I used BM3 it was three days ago and it was great. BM3 just feels complete to me.

• edited May 2023

The only reason I don't use NS2 much is a couple years ago I tried to export all my tracks as stems for mixing on desktop and far too many AUs had export issues. These same AUs export fine in other hosts but of course it is still tricky to say where the fault is, could just as easily be the AUs themselves at fault. But yah, love NS2 and while there are hacks I could have used to get the sounds out (hosting it in AUM and recording solo tracks etc) I just bailed as from a practical point of view it was just too frustrating getting full projects onto desktop.

But yah, the best tracks I have made on iOS came from NS2.

• edited June 2023

-

• NS2 for life :love:

• I'm glad someone mentioned the tabbed interface, especially compared with Logic Pro built-in synths

• @Grandbear said:
    I'm glad someone mentioned the tabbed interface, especially compared with Logic Pro built-in synths

Yeah, tabbed UI on Sculture Synth in Logic Pro for iPad would have been better than put 160 knobs/pot/sliders/XYgrids in just one scrollable frontend!

• I hope Behringer clones Nanostudio 2 and adds audio tracks.

• @dendy said:

@tja said:
    Me too. Don't have a main DAW, but even did more with NS2 after I learned that there will be no audio tracks - before, I was just kind of waiting for them.

my man ! that’s right attitude .. btw. don’t make mistake, i have my own personal list of features i would love to see VERY MUCH (probably different than most of ppl here :-)) - but it is what it is, sometimes one just need accept world rarely adjusts to our expectations, so we must adjust ourselved instead…

Exactly this!

I finish everything I start with NS2, which is the most important thing to me. That said, I don’t jam - so I understand everyone’s needs are different.

• My ipad is the 7th gen with A10 inside and I have no plans to update it in the foreseeable future since it works just fine. So no Logic possible.
    I’d appreciate having a DAW with audio tracks and AUv3 automation. But realistically speaking, I’m a hobbyist who plays around with music for fun, and there’s so much more that I haven’t yet explored in NS2. Definitely sticking with NS2 for at least a couple more years. Huge shoutout to Matt for this awesome tool!

• They’ll get my NS2 when they pry my iPad & iPhone from my cold dead hands.

It still does everything I need and it so easy to work in. All the frustrating aspects of others DAWs I have tried got in the way of just making music. NS2 feels so natural, but I was biased as a NS1 addict. I’m not tempted by Logic Pro, but may get around to trying it in a couple/few years when I have time to address the learning curve. Then I’ll come back to NS2 and make music again.