Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Team AUM

Just because I so happen to be one of the ones who likes Logic Pro doesn't mean I'm going to use it for everything. Afterall, I still love AUM for live jamming. In fact, tomorrow is Drone Day, and I'll be forming a live Ambient jam in AUM. ;) Expect 20 hours worth of sound (kidding, kidding, but I plan on it being a longer piece).

Comments

• edited May 2023

One could argue that Logic or Zenbeats or whatever are great but they are what they are.

But AUM has new stuff added to it almost every day as new AUv3 Apps are released.

Well, not "added to it' (you have to buy the apps) but you know what I mean.

More toys for the toy box...

• edited May 2023

Team AUM! Go Team, Go! :)

(and check out my Drone Day contribution here: )

Happy Drone Day! @jwmmakerofmusic : looking forward to your link :)

• AUM = Always Use Me.

• I join the team , I am just a beginner. Find it a good way to create ambient and have fun outside my time in a Daw.

• I'm on for team AUM. It's the only one with cheerleaders. Looks like a lot more fun.

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:
    I'm on for team AUM. It's the only one with cheerleaders. Looks like a lot more fun.

We need more girls in this forum and iOS music , where are the girls 😂

• Team AUM 100%. I’ll never completely abandon it. In fact, as much as I enjoy Logic Pro, I’ll still probably be in AUM so we half the time.

• I’m a simple person, AUM does everything I want, no plans on changing… and yes I know I’m boring 😊

• @BerlinFx said:

@Mountain_Hamlet said:
    I'm on for team AUM. It's the only one with cheerleaders. Looks like a lot more fun.

We need more girls in this forum and iOS music , where are the girls 😂

We’re here!

AUM is my main app, wouldn’t do iOS music without it, so don’t forget to tip @j_liljedahl as much as possible, I won’t! 😀

• Not a girl but definitely on team aum.

• i just realized i got audiobus2 😀
    is there anything aum can, what audiobus2 doesn't?

• theres also a newer version of audiobus, and they want 9.99€ for that.
    whats new inside?

• edited June 2023

Just made nice techno track in AUM while vacating on Greek islands
    It's easy to use, fast/immediate, love it
    Wish there is a nice automation, sequencer lane to do a composition on it and call it a day

• Aside from my recent grumbles about only 4 channels visible in the mixer, it was a total relief to dump Logic and get back into having fun in AUM again - and that Mollilooper feller adds another layer of joy.

• For some reason I missed this thread earlier. Definitely count me in on Team AUM!

It’s remarkably liberating and so much more fun (to me) than DAWs.

• @Birdpie - there's not much that Audiobus can do these days that AUM can't. It used to be that you needed Audiobus for virtually any communication between apps. Then IAA came along and even those apps could communicate without Audiobus in hosts like AUM and Cubasis. Audiobus still provided the advantage of "State Saving" settings in apps that were fully Audiobus compatible. Then AUv3 apps became the norm, and they could state save in any host. Audiobus still provides convenient app switching and transport functions, but those are less critical now with less reliance on IAA apps.

So, if you still use IAA apps a lot, and those apps support Audiobus state saving and task switching, then Audiobus is a great workflow. I still prefer it in some ways, though I mainly use Loopy Pro instead now.

Oh, and Audiobus is an outstanding midi clock slave, host, and midi to Link bridge. AUM can't slave to midi clock.

• @Birdpie said:
    theres also a newer version of audiobus, and they want 9.99€ for that.
    whats new inside?

Off the top of my head:

1. It's supported. Audiobus 2 may have issues and those won't be addressed.
    2. Midi support and routing. Audiobus 2 didn't have this.
    3. AUv3 Midi FX support.
    4. Midi Clock to Ableton Link bridging.
    5. Midi control with learn for loading sessions, controlling AU parameters, etc.
    6. Audio mixer

Could be others. It's been awhile.

• thanks!

• I will abandon logic for aumdaw

• I call number 11. Lol. Definitely team AUM, but can’t try Logic Pro for awhile, and I like to mix it up once in awhile by going back to other hosts/daw’s. But AUM is my home team.

• @wim said:

@Birdpie said:
    theres also a newer version of audiobus, and they want 9.99€ for that.
    whats new inside?

Off the top of my head:

1. It's supported. Audiobus 2 may have issues and those won't be addressed.
    2. Midi support and routing. Audiobus 2 didn't have this.
    3. AUv3 Midi FX support.
    4. Midi Clock to Ableton Link bridging.
    5. Midi control with learn for loading sessions, controlling AU parameters, etc.
    6. Audio mixer

Could be others. It's been awhile.

The whole midi page.
    Midi learn with IAP
    The Whole Mixer page.

• Team Ape

• The biggest issue with AUM is WHY the interface is not resizeable.. this is so frustrating having those 4 channels per screen with enormously big faders. Its so weird

• @rvr said:
    The biggest issue with AUM is WHY the interface is not resizeable.. this is so frustrating having those 4 channels per screen with enormously big faders. Its so weird

Set in Settings->Display&Brightness->Display Zoom: to ‘More Space’ and you will have 5 channels.

• @Luxthor said:

@rvr said:
    The biggest issue with AUM is WHY the interface is not resizeable.. this is so frustrating having those 4 channels per screen with enormously big faders. Its so weird

Set in Settings->Display&Brightness->Display Zoom: to ‘More Space’ and you will have 5 channels.

Sure, that's one way to do it...

I'd rather have the option to 'minimize' each track to a 'node circle' and zoom them on a need to use basis.
    The circle nodes could have quick swipes gestures to adjust pan (left & right) and level (up & down).

The minimized circle could be either the tracks input or the output node and 'routing' could be done by dragging nodes on top of each other, things like that.

In 'arrange' mode a bunch of circles could be selected sent to a bus or put in 'sub folders' (node folder) etc.

I have absolutely now idea what @j_liljedahl has in store for AUM but I'm quite sure it's something :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@Luxthor said:

@rvr said:

Sure, that's one way to do it...

I'd rather have the option to 'minimize' each track to a 'node circle' and zoom them on a need to use basis.
    The circle nodes could have quick swipes gestures to adjust pan (left & right) and level (up & down).

The minimized circle could be either the tracks input or the output node and 'routing' could be done by dragging nodes on top of each other, things like that.

In 'arrange' mode a bunch of circles could be selected sent to a bus or put in 'sub folders' (node folder) etc.

I have absolutely now idea what @j_liljedahl has in store for AUM but I'm quite sure it's something :sunglasses:

FYI at here is an active Feature Requests thread on AUM’s Discord server. Invite here https://discord.gg/958aUpQc2S