Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Team Zenbeats

I am pretty sure Roland is in this for the long run so I’ll continue to camp out in the Zenbeats corner. It’s got all I need and more to come…😎

/DMfan🇸🇪

Comments

• Curious, but haven’t Zenbeat subscription model?

If so, where are all the haters?
    Ha en bra fredagskväll!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Curious, but haven’t Zenbeat subscription model?

Ha en bra fredagskväll!

You can also buy it. There are a number of options so I guess that’s why

• Its ugly but very very good. Especially multiplatform feature.

• edited May 2023

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Curious, but haven’t Zenbeat subscription model?

Ha en bra fredagskväll!

On iOS, you buy Zenbeats to get access to all iOS content. There is no subscription, and the developer has earlier said that it will stay that way. There have been many misunderstandings and misconceptions for a long time in both what you can or can’t do in Zenbeats but what you get today is IMO one the best DAWs on iOS.

You have full accesss to your favourite AUv3s, so it’s a totally open system, no fences. Loop mode, linear mode, piano roll, full MIDI, audio tracks, really nice sounding internal plugins… the works, just like any other DAW.

To be able to use it as multi-platform tool on iOS and/or PC/Mac and sharing projects between them, there is a subscription model for Roland Cloud.

Trevlig kväll du med!😊

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @MAtrixplan said:
    Its ugly but very very good. Especially multiplatform feature.

😂

Well, my friend, even a bird considered ugly by some can sound beautiful.

It is indeed very, very good and being actively developed. It wouldn’t surprise me if there is a Logic Pro counter- offensive lurking, something is bound to happen.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Things i miss:
    Locators
    Tempo changes
    Normalize-Function
    Better Warp features
    Step sequencer for other plugins

Maybe it's just me but sound quality of the stock drum sounds is a bit underwhelming. They seem to be compressed too much.

They should at least add the Randomiser features from MC 101 or more tweaking options for the Zen-Core Synth

• @DMfan said:
    To be able to use it as multi-platform tool on iOS and/or PC/Mac and sharing projects between them, there is a subscription model for Roland Cloud.

actually there is "All Platform Unlock v3" for (currently) 60€ , no need for subscription for multi-platform (it's optional)

• @Korakios said:
    actually there is "All Platform Unlock v3" for (currently) 60€ , no need for subscription for multi-platform (it's optional)

Cool! Didn’t catch that one!

👍👍👍

/DMfan🇸🇪

• If you have a problem,
    If no one else can help
    And if you can find them
    Maybe you can hire the A-team

• @CapnWillie said:
    How many teams can I be on?

TeamBM3

TeamVerselab

TeamMaschine

TeamLogic

TeamZenbeats

🏋🏽

Team Ableton, no !

• Team Koala checking in. Though I will say this topic has me considering having a go at zen beats.

• edited May 2023

@tobi77 said:
    Things i miss:
    Locators
    Tempo changes
    Normalize-Function
    Better Warp features

Maybe it's just me but sound quality of the stock drum sounds is a bit underwhelming. They seem to be compressed too much.

They should at least add the Randomiser features from MC 101 or more tweaking options for the Zen-Core Synth

Locators are there
    Tempo change is there in loop mode (change the time signature in the song and then make a new clip as I remember)
    You can use the limiter to measure dB but enhanced metering to be able to normalize to a chosen level has been asked for
    You can time-stretch loops and clips to bars and beats, please let us know what you mean by better
    I believe you can use the TR-style drum sequencer to send MIDI to other plugins to control them, right @MatthewAtZenbeats?
    Stock drum sounds not to your liking, you can add your own chosen drum samples in ZR1, there are also drum sets in ZC1, tried those?
    Where do you want a randomizer and what do you want it to do?

We would all love to have greater control inside of ZC1, agreed. For now you have a basic access to the Roland sound universe through ZC1, hundreds or even thousands of sounds through additional sound packs, and through AUv3 a myriad of sounds and sound synthesis options, Zenbeats being a non- fenced app. Maybe the level of Zencore control will change in the future, a ZC2, who knows?

In order to change or add things, we need to let the developer know what we want. My experience is that the Zenbeats team is very receptive, hence bumping Matthew above since he tries to check in now and then.

Regards,
    DMfan🇸🇪

• @CapnWillie said:
    Actually no Push 3 for me. Moment of clarity. MV1, Roland and Logic have been treating me well. I’ll always love Maschine as well but I rarely touch it anymore. MV1 x Zenbeats is so fun, simple and inspiring.

Clarity is good.

😁

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @db909 said:
    Team Koala checking in. Though I will say this topic has me considering having a go at zen beats.

Welcome aboard sailor! I’ll put you in the cabin next to @CapnWillie! He’ll entertain you 24/7 howling into his MV1!

😁

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:

@tobi77 said:
    Things i miss:
    Locators
    Tempo changes
    Normalize-Function
    Better Warp features

Locators are there
    Tempo change is there in loop mode (change the time signature in the song and then make a new clip as I remember)
    You can use the limiter to measure dB but enhanced metering to be able to normalize to a chosen level has been asked for
    You can time-stretch loops and clips to bars and beats, please let us know what you mean by better
    I believe you can use the TR-style drum sequencer to send MIDI to other plugins to control them, right @MatthewAtZenbeats?
    Stock drum sounds not to your liking, you can add your own chosen drum samples in ZR1, there are also drum sets in ZC1, tried those?
    Where do you want a randomizer and what do you want it to do?

We would all love to have greater control inside of ZC1, agreed. For now you have a basic access to the Roland sound universe through ZC1, hundreds or even thousands of sounds through additional sound packs, and through AUv3 a myriad of sound sculpting options, Zenbeats being a non- fenced app. Maybe this will change with ZC1 in the future, a ZC2, who knows?

In order to change or add things, we need to let the developer know what we want. My experience is that the Zenbeats team is very receptive, hence bumping Matthew above since he tries to check in now and then.

Regards,
    DMfan🇸🇪

Hey Y'all

Zenbeats has indeed come a long way thanks to lot's of feedback from this group!
    And yes, we do allow inter-track MIDI routing so you can build a pattern into the ZR1 Drum track and send the MIDI to any other instrument track of your choice.

To this, go the routing menu on the ZR1 track, Select Advanced MIDI and you will see a pop up that enables you to specify a different track output.

We're working on the next patch as we speak . Stay tuned.

• edited May 2023

@CapnWillie said:
    How many teams can I be on?

TeamBM3

TeamVerselab

TeamMaschine

TeamLogic

TeamZenbeats

🏋🏽

TeamBirdStepper (look it up).

If you are alergic to feathers there's always TeamSkram.

• With randomizer i mean the patch algorithms from MC-101 or at least some easy way to make some quick sound variations from a patch like the tabs in Alchemy.

Something like a Tempo/Time signature Editor for timeline would be cool.

• edited May 2023

@tobi77 said:
    With randomizer i mean the patch algorithms from MC-101 or at least some easy way to make some quick sound variations from a patch like the tabs in Alchemy.

A randomizer in ZC1 that affects both cutoff, resonance and FX you mean? Interesting thought for the future although I believe the developer has to prioritize other functions right now, given the circumstances😗. ZC1 in its current form is not that “deep” control-wise but playing around with it manually can yield some remarkable results, so a randomizer would definitely add to its value.

Tempo/time signature editor for timeline view, cool or a need for your and other people’s workflow?

Great feedback, thank you!🙏

/DMfan🇸🇪

• I love Zenbeats! Haven’t decided which DAWs I’ll be keeping around since, as of right now, I think Logic is the best for me, but Zenbeats would probably be the last to be deleted. As much as I love Cubasis, I’m just more productive in Zenbeats than I am there. It surprised me how much I enjoy it.

• @HotStrange said:
    I love Zenbeats! Haven’t decided which DAWs I’ll be keeping around since, as of right now, I think Logic is the best for me, but Zenbeats would probably be the last to be deleted. As much as I love Cubasis, I’m just more productive in Zenbeats than I am there. It surprised me how much I enjoy it.

Great to hear!

Feel free to share what it would take to make Zenbeats your DAW of choice on iOS? GUI, functions, “flow”….whatever!

Have a nice weekend!

/DMfan🇸🇪

• edited May 2023

@DMfan said:

@HotStrange said:
    I love Zenbeats! Haven’t decided which DAWs I’ll be keeping around since, as of right now, I think Logic is the best for me, but Zenbeats would probably be the last to be deleted. As much as I love Cubasis, I’m just more productive in Zenbeats than I am there. It surprised me how much I enjoy it.

Great to hear!

Feel free to share what it would take to make Zenbeats your DAW of choice on iOS? GUI, functions, “flow”….whatever!

Have a nice weekend!

/DMfan🇸🇪

Hmm I’m not sure if anything right off the top of my head. The big draw is LPx for me right now is the massive physical modeling engine and modeled sounds like horns and strings. I also really like the way automation is implemented as well as the inclusion of a new version of Samplr. I’m still giving it time before making any huge decisions but most likely I’ll end up keeping both. I can see myself using them for different things. I like using AUs better inside Zenbeats but I’m not sure if that’s because I still need to get used to it inside Logic or not.

Also I’m keeping C3 right now as it’s the only one I enjoy that I can still use IAA apps in. And who knows, Zenbeats may end up winning the race. It’s too early to tell haha.

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Logic Pro is indeed a paradigm shift on iOS, and I can totally understand why people start to like it.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @tobi77 said:
    Things i miss:
    Locators
    Tempo changes
    Normalize-Function
    Better Warp features

It’s not “just you”.. Something lacking there for sure . Doesn’t sound like FL studio mobile or even garage band packs

• @DMfan said:
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Logic Pro is indeed a paradigm shift on iOS, and I can totally understand why people start to like it.

/DMfan🇸🇪

I’m curious, what is it about Zenbeats that you prefer and why choose it over Logic? Not saying it’s bad, just wondering your thoughts on it.

• @Telstar5 said:

It’s not “just you”.. Something lacking there for sure . Doesn’t sound like FL studio mobile or even garage band packs

Which boggles the mind when you consider the pedigree of Roland drum machines, which have to be the most prevalent drum sounds in popular music.

Could it have something to do with the Ogg Vorbis format they're using?

• edited May 2023

@HotStrange said:
    I’m curious, what is it about Zenbeats that you prefer and why choose it over Logic? Not saying it’s bad, just wondering your thoughts on it.

Long story short, tried some DAWs on iOS over the years, really liked NS2 but waited in vain for audio tracks, Zenbeats came along and I decided to use it. Liked the workflow, loop view, the TR-style drum sequencer, the access to AUv3, had Roland synths in the past and liked the Roland sound. I simply don’t wanna learn another DAW, I have what I need for the hobby level I am on. Tired of jumping ships, just like with synths.

I want to learn and master what I have, not start all over.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:

@tobi77 said:
    With randomizer i mean the patch algorithms from MC-101 or at least some easy way to make some quick sound variations from a patch like the tabs in Alchemy.

A randomizer in ZC1 that affects both cutoff, resonance and FX you mean? Interesting thought for the future although I believe the developer has to prioritize other functions right now, given the circumstances😗. ZC1 in its current form is not that “deep” control-wise but playing around with it manually can yield some remarkable results, so a randomizer would definitely add to its value.

Tempo/time signature editor for timeline view, cool or a need for your and other people’s workflow?

/DMfan🇸🇪

I mean the code for the random patch generation exist already (see MC101). But i guess they need the revenues from the soundpacks so they cut the possibilities for you to create your own sounds with ZC1. But at least some macro knobs to alter the sound character of a patch would be helpfull. Or they could add a mini pro version of Zenology as IAP.

• edited May 2023

@tobi77 said:

@DMfan said:

@tobi77 said:

/DMfan🇸🇪

I mean the code for the random patch generation exist already (see MC101). But i guess they need the revenues from the soundpacks so they cut the possibilities for you to create your own sounds with ZC1. But at least some macro knobs to alter the sound character of a patch would be helpfull. Or they could add a mini pro version of Zenology as IAP.

Thanks for the clarification!👍

/DMfan🇸🇪

• I am team Zen Beats, with Drambo inside. I like AUM for jams. I have Cubasis as well and I will probably buy NS2 if it ever goes on sale. My wife agreed to a keyboard in our front room as the kids are just beginning piano lessons. She’s insisted on a hammer action though so it looks like the Fantom 08 is going to be the one. PC4 would be too much for an 8 year old. Anyone else hooked up a Fantom to Zen Beats? How is it? I had a Fantom X way back which was sold out of necessity so I’m really looking forward to having another Roland workstation in the house. It should work well with Push 3 too, which will eventually be mine.

• just out of curiosity checking Zen Beats - and i am nicely surprised ... it went through long way since i tried it first time... i would say this has much better UI than Logic.