Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog for iPhone on the Bus and IAA!

Comments

• edited September 2014

AB 2.1.4 and iOS 7 oniPad mini retina. "Animoog iPhone" works fine in audiobus and IAA for me.

• I'm on 1os 8. I've deleted it and reinstalled, same problem. It's not a major issue due to IAA

• edited September 2014

iOS 8 iPhone 5s- Animoog not recognized by AB.

Update showed up a second time, I ran it again, AB showed the text but the icon took a while to load. Database issue?

• edited September 2014

It's working on mine - iPod touch 5g, 7.1.2. Be sure v1.1.3 appears in the left lower corner of the opening screen.

And the app is now called "Animoog iPhone".

• All ok now. And I've just updated on the ipad and all ok there, including all the patches. In fact, as they've not updated big bro, it's the more useful of the two!

• @miguelmarcos said:

I am with MrNezumi. Perhaps Moog might have offered something to someone reporting the glitch but the glitch was posted in a forum generating a freeforall. It's not like Moog had much of a chance to respond in the face of what ensued.

The posting of the glitch in a forum was not what made it a free-for-all. What made it a free-for-all is that it is tied to the simple action of hitting "restore purchases", which any of us who ever purchased an Animoog IAP (I bought one on iPad) would do immediately upon buying the app. It's not like someone posted a "Konami code" that unlocks paid content, or some hack using PC software. You would have to do work to purposefully avoid receiving and storing the additional content that was obtained simply by a result of normal use of the Animoog Store.

Regarding the update and AudioBus functionality, I did download version 1.1.3 (dated 09/19/14) this morning. Animoog for iPhone now appears in my AudioBus list for inputs. Haven't tested it though.

• edited September 2014

I dunno man. The difference between exploiting a bug in the programming and downloading h4x0R crackz is pretty slim.

If you went to restore purchases and got a bunch of free stuff unwittingly, it's similar to getting an extra $20 at an ATM. Except banks completely suck and Moog completely doesn't. For someone who had no idea what was happening, maybe they thought the other content was free, on special. Fair enough I guess.

If you read about it here and went and hit restore purchases, it is what it is.

• edited September 2014

I hit restore purchases because I had deleted Animoog from my phone when it wouldn't play with Audiobus, then reinstalled when this thread started. When I restored purchases, I got only what I had purchased already...

Anyways how shit-hot awesome is it, to finally be able to midi sequence and record moog into Bm2 (via IAA, haven't tried AB) on my iPhone 5s? As shit-hot awesome as iOS music gets...

• Moog doesn't seem to care about it, why do you?

• edited September 2014

If it was a glitch due to a lack of planning/knowledge/experience (pick one from the list) then they could have easily taken down their store until it was fixed. Is it possible this was a way for them to market the iPhone version of the app? I'm sure many bought it just for that reason. I did, and had no intention to buy otherwise since I own the iPad version and rarely use my phone for making music.

• It's cool that, for a minute at least, functionality of an iPhone app outstrips it's iPad cousin (Animoog doesn't show up as an IAA instrument on th ipad as of yet)

• edited September 2014

@Zymos said:

Moog doesn't seem to care about it, why do you?

I'm not sure I do. Guess it all feels a little off without word from Moog. What would my mom think?

I suppose if they really wanted it fixed, they could have gotten a patch out by now.

• edited September 2014

I think what @syrupcore is trying to say is that it is a matter of decency and honesty towards a company that has given us, musicians so much in terms of music tools. If we were talking about Pc software I'd be less eager to enter this discussion but at ios prices I think we could try to actually pay what's due to the software creators. One thing that some people don't realize that with such small margins this 'taking advantage of loopholes could actually result in moog deciding not to pursue their ios ambitions anymore. I don't think it would be such a great thing.

• edited September 2014

They've just patched it. And 100% Moog's responsibility to secure their app (I had already purchased all the IAPs so only stand to lose if they don't)

• Why they did state Fixed inapp purchase as Whats new?
    It was a bug not a marketing thing i guess

• It's not as if the preset IAP packs were money thrown down the toilet. I bought every single one of 'em months ago and never regretted it.

• edited September 2014

Never money down the toilet, one of the best apps made for sure. Great update.

• New #Animoog versions avail: *updates not yet officially compatible w/ iOS8. iOS 8 compatibility +bugfixes in testing pic.twitter.com/AwZzvzAHAb

— Moog Music Inc. (@moogmusicinc) September 22, 2014
  • The current iPhone version released a week or so ago works perfectly well with iOS 8, whether or not it is "officially compatible".

• 1.1.4 on ios7 and iphone5

• ios 8 compatible. Except it now won't work with Audiobus or IAA. Genius! DON'T UPGRADE

• @DarbyA said:

They've just patched it. And 100% Moog's responsibility to secure their app (I had already purchased all the IAPs so only stand to lose if they don't)

You're right mate. According to your analogy if the house is unlocked the contents belong to the thief, right. If so than we're worlds apart.

• @Ian said:

ios 8 compatible. Except it now won't work with Audiobus or IAA. Genius! DON'T UPGRADE

Yea, I can confirm that the latest iPhone version isn't working with Audiobus on iPhone 5/iOS 8.

• @supadom said:

@DarbyA said:

You're right mate. According to your analogy if the house is unlocked the contents belong to the thief, right. If so than we're worlds apart.

It's not practical to say that users should bear the responsibility of sorting out which sounds they purchased and which they didn't. That responsibility is 100% Moog's, we can't secure their app for them. They made a mistake and now there are practical consequences. You describe an act which is illegal, there was nothing illegal in this case as far as I know. I dislike saying that what is morally right for me must be right for everyone else, so worlds apart on that. Also I prefer an open forum. Cheers two beers man

• edited September 2014

This was more like withdrawing $20 from an ATM, where ATMs had a software glitch that emptied their cash every transaction. Those who unwittingly got $1000 when they were trying to get $20 are not at fault. Those who heard about the glitch and exploited it for free cash are in fact doing something illegal or unethical.

Just be nice about it people. If you got stuff that you should have paid for, maybe just go buy the iPad version IAPs. Moog seem like a great company, it can't hurt to support them as much as possible.

• Some things are right by common sense laws not by what individuals think. There's hope that all individuals can behave empathically for the good of all. This forum is free for all to express themselves but using it doesn't make you right or wrong, just free.

• Moog, why fucking up a perfectly good app?

• ^ ??

I think Animoog for iPhone is vastly improved.

1.1.3 version works in Audiobus 2.1.4, and is OK in IAA too as far as I can tell. There's definitely a lot of trouble swirling around iOS 8, but I don't particularly blame Moog.

• ^ apparently 1.1.4 is busted though.

• 1.1.3 was perfectly good, 1.1.4 is not. No AB anymore. Fortunately I had 1.1.3 on my PC.