Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog for iPhone on the Bus and IAA!

Comments

• @Zymos said:

That's an, ummm, interesting post. Didn't really answer the question about whether all those presets were meant to be free. The iPad version is fixed as of yesterday?? It was broken?

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19276&p=134268&sid=2fdaa1f4403b3644d1b23576a9f5f5c6#p134221

"IAP: Yes, the iPhone now includes restoring purchases although there currently is an issue with this working properly which will also be fixed with the next update."

I think it was a glitch...(nice one!)

• They did not even respond to all the packs being free. Like StormJH1 mentioned above, the question was phrased very vaguely. All she is saying is that, yes, the iPhone version can now restore purchases that were bought on the iPad.

It's hard to imagine that couldn't be aware after all this time that they are giving away the store, so either they are completely clueless, just don't care, or did it on purpose in the first place.

• Or they don't want to encourage the conversation.

• Or perhaps they are just disappointed that there are so many people here that just want to take advantage of what appears to be a mistake. On this forum there is often talk about supporting developers, yet at the same time, when the opportunity arises, people are ready to rip them off. If Moog is smart they will build something into the next update that will wipeout all IAP on your iPhone and force you to restore to get them back. At which point I expect we will see people post on some workaround they came up with to keep their ill-gotten gains. Rationalize all you want; a thief is a thief.

• If it was a mistake, you don't think they would have made it a priority to fix it? It's been 10 days now.

• I'm thinking that the update may be taking longer simply because they are working on fixing this mistake. How else could they fix it? And if they wanted to intentionally give away the IAPs, don't you think they would have announced it. Loudly.

• Downloaded in iPad wife, but clicking on "preset" field doesn't anything. Only works the tabs and knobs (and keyboard). Weird.

• Unfortunately, this issue is exacerbated by poor communication from Moog. Admit to your mistakes, state your intentions, and tell your customers what action they should take. There are more issues with this app than the "free" IAP.

• @MrNezumi said:

Or perhaps they are just disappointed that there are so many people here that just want to take advantage of what appears to be a mistake. On this forum there is often talk about supporting developers, yet at the same time, when the opportunity arises, people are ready to rip them off. If Moog is smart they will build something into the next update that will wipeout all IAP on your iPhone and force you to restore to get them back. At which point I expect we will see people post on some workaround they came up with to keep their ill-gotten gains. Rationalize all you want; a thief is a thief.

You're largely right Mister Nezumi. If a little holy. I tend to agree with @kgmessier as regards them trying to keep as quiet as possible and hope that most folks don't catch on before they get a fix out.

As a side issue, if I were an Animoog Executive (interesting business card), I would very much like to know how many people who 'availed' themselves of the opportunity to get everything for free would then be motivated to actually buy the same again if a future update rolls back their ill-gotten gains...

• Playing dumb and/or punishing your customers are poor ways of dealing with mistakes.

• @MrNezumi said:

Or perhaps they are just disappointed that there are so many people here that just want to take advantage of what appears to be a mistake. On this forum there is often talk about supporting developers, yet at the same time, when the opportunity arises, people are ready to rip them off. If Moog is smart they will build something into the next update that will wipeout all IAP on your iPhone and force you to restore to get them back. At which point I expect we will see people post on some workaround they came up with to keep their ill-gotten gains. Rationalize all you want; a thief is a thief.

I understand what you are saying, but IAP content is frequently switched to free or provided on sale. A new user of the app who didn't read here could have seen that content and assumed it was part of the full purchase. Content that appears in my app because of their programming is not obtained dishonestly. Also, I did pay for their app. Twice (iPad and iPhone).

• @fjcblanco said:

Downloaded in iPad wife

Lol. Never a truer word...

• I am with MrNezumi. Perhaps Moog might have offered something to someone reporting the glitch but the glitch was posted in a forum generating a freeforall. It's not like Moog had much of a chance to respond in the face of what ensued.

• @PaulB said:

@fjcblanco said:

Downloaded in iPad wife

Lol. Never a truer word...

Ha, ha, epic fail...

Finally, connected to the store and did "restore purchases". It tried downloading all the packs (even not the free ones, so go to Adjusts/Restriccions/IAP=off), but at the end, I get:

• ACOUSTIC: AC_*.preset, 30 presets

• GD Ensemble: GDEns*.preset, 27 presets

• GD Percussion: GDPerc*.preset, 26 presets

• GD Voice: GDVox*.presets, 29 presets

• MINIMOOG Adam Holzman: MM-AH*.preset, 43 presets

• MINIMOOG Dom Kane: MM-DK*.preset, 38 presets

• MINIMOOG Drew Neumann: MM-DN*.preset, 41 presets

• MINIMOOG Kevin Lamb: MM-KL*.preset, 50 presets

• MINIMOOG Sascha Dikiciyan: MM-SD.preset, 41 presets

• MONSTER MOOG: MMG*.preset, 48 presets

• VFX: VFX*.preset, 41 presets

• VINTAGE VIBE: VV*.preset, 46 presets

• Haha I never have laughed so hard at a simple ipad typo in my life!

• tried the same again on ios8
    Devine and midi - error, not downloaded

• For me at least, the Devine expansion pack presets were placed in the '.' folder.

• edited September 2014

Maybe I'll buy the Midi Expansion pack...after all it was great deal! I hope in next version of animoog the free presets will not lock.

@Coloobar said:

For me at least, the Devine expansion pack presets were placed in the '.' folder.

Mine too.

• Me too, but it's easy to make a "Richard Devine" preset folder with iFunbox and move the presets in it.

• How ifunbox preset backup differs from animoog's Export preset? It makes zip file available from itunes with all preset i guess

• Without the actual samples referenced, the presets themselves are useless.
    To fully back them up, you need to save both.

• both what, please?

• Samples and presets.

• All samples are in the same "samples" folder, and the preset files refer to the samples in that folder, no matter where the preset files are.

• edited September 2014

Question:

Folder structure of Animoog for iPhone installed on iPad:

Animoog\Documents.data\

There are two folders, \presets with the .presets files and \samples with the .wav files.

But the folder structure of Animoog for iPad installed on my iPad is:

Animoog\Documents\

And there I only have the \presets folder with the .presets files (in subfolders for each pack), but no \samples folder.

And the curious thing is that seems working properly. Is that correct?

Thanks.

• I believe the answer is on page 2.

• Used ifunbox today and saw the same content of wav and presets file twice in a folde with dot in name and standard folder. It is iphone. Why it is twice?

• Oops, I had missed the @Coloobar answer.

Thanks, @telecharge.

• Just updated. I can get IAA to work but not recognised by Audiobus. It also seems to want to constantly update itself. Anyone else?

• @Ian said:

Just updated. I can get IAA to work but not recognised by Audiobus. It also seems to want to constantly update itself. Anyone else?

I recently looked for it on AudioBus and it was not in the Input list. I do hope that is fixed sooner rather than later.