Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog for iPhone on the Bus and IAA!

Comments

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

I really don't understand how they can push an update to the App Store that simply doesn't work. Quite apart from the fact that Moog should test it themselves, Apple also look at updates, right?

I think what it is, is that it is only one element of the update so presumably if all of the other improvements work we just got a bit unlucky. I reckon the fix is on its way, mr Moog's reputation is at stake here, you know.

• edited August 2014

+1 An elegant suggestion Mister Flo....

• Crashing out my iphone4 trying to restore purchases

• The (present) lack of a functioning AudioBus is certainly a downer, but I think this one is still in the running for "best update ever" thanks to the discussion above and the fine programmers at Moog!

"Samples" are the timbre files, correct? I'm still an Animoog noob, but I understand that the timbres are what modify the underlying presets (which you actually don't get that many of out of the box) and give Animoog its unique capabilities.

• Great... so i can go on to NOT believe in wonders. After 2 years of waiting a fantastic update eh' ;)
    WTF....

• Saving the timbres and presets to another place, you can transfer them pretty easily to the iPad version of the app.

• @Coloobar said:

Saving the timbres and presets to another place, you can transfer them pretty easily to the iPad version of the app.

Yes, this had occurred to me :) I did a wind sprint to my computer to back it up.

Given Moog's iOS development timeline, however, who knows how quickly that or the AudioBus issue (unfortunately) are addressed.

• What I'd give to be a fly on the wall this morning over at Moog Music.

• @Greg said:

Great , a worthless update!

Does at the least the preset saving work now?

Edit: Yeah at least that works, awesome!

I stand corrected! Great update. Now we can save presets and all IAP presets for free. AB can wait.
    Thanks Moog!

• edited August 2014

@Peanutcram said:

I don't want to pay twice. I'll stick with the iPad version and pack that up. MIDI could be useful on iPhone to use as controller.

My advice is to get it. You get all the packs for free and you can tranfere them to your iPad.

My guess is it's a bug, and will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks Flo26 for the heads up! :)

• edited August 2014

at least now i can save my presets now lol

• Save presets and IAA. That is a significant update. I like it!

• How do you transfer presets to ipad?!

• edited August 2014

@Flo26 said:

Restore purchase on ipad ver.

I don't think so, doesn't work for me...

• Tried that, didn't work.

• You need iFunbox and a computer, don't think there's any way around it.

• Looks like the animoog store is down...

Funny, I had just deleted the app as I was sick of the non-5 interface and now it's finally full screen.

• "Free Update Has Issues; Angry Mobs Ensue" - FirstWorldProblems.com

• Come on @syrupcore people have been waiting for AB to be added to iphone version for ages. Let them let off some steam.

• Looking forward to the video from an ersatz Doug (maybe Doug in a ski mask?) explaining the step by step of iFunboxing your phone IAPs to your iPad....

• They commented on their forums that they are working on a fix, and that it didn't show up on their beta testing.
    Since I haven't heard a single person say that AB is working for them, they must have not even tested the AB implementation AT ALL.

• are the iap packs still for free or it was a glitch?and can I trasfer them to the iPad version?if so I will buy it ASAP!

• iPhone 5, 7.1.2: Shows as Input in AB, opens & no AB tab there as well; hope they fix soon... want this one!

• edited August 2014

@Korakios said:

are the iap packs still for free or it was a glitch?and can I trasfer them to the iPad version?if so I will buy it ASAP!

The Animoog store just opened ok for me a minute ago within the app, but I can neither confirm nor deny what happens when you try to restore purchases.

• I also tried Restore Purchases, but a window popped up allowing me to cancel the restore... I assumed that wasn't the case so I let it go, with no progress bar or anything to show something... waited more then canceled. A minute later a window pops saying the Acoustic pack failed, followed by one for the Vintage pack (I suppose I must have gotten those down while waiting for something to show for it)...

• Don't cancel. It takes a bit if time.

• Restore purchases Isn't doing anything for me but I guess I can't complain too much. Happy there's a sign of an Audiobus update anyway!

• I definitely have all the presets, but the ones in the basic categories (BASS, FX, etc) seem to disappear from time to time. I've backed up the presets and timbres (both native and 3rd party) on my PC, so I could just reinstall and add them back. Not a big deal at this point though.

Yeah, it needs AB fixed, but what a pleasant surprise this morning was! Checking this forum can get obsessive, but it almost always pays off.

• edited August 2014

@daveproper said:

Restore purchases Isn't doing anything for me but I guess I can't complain too much. Happy there's a sign of an Audiobus update anyway!

They still showed as $3.99, $4.99 in the store menu (even the Monster Moog one I actually DID buy!), except when you go back to the synth and check your available presets........Happy Labor Day weekend!

• @Zymos said:

They commented on their forums that they are working on a fix, and that it didn't show up on their beta testing.
    Since I haven't heard a single person say that AB is working for them, they must have not even tested the AB implementation AT ALL.

...since beta testing costs them nothing it is pretty amazing ain't it?