Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are you subscribing to Logic Pro?

Comments

• @Gavinski said:

However, I still found in my experiments with Sculpture (one of the only internal instruments I’ve spent much time with til now), that poly pitch bend is not up to scratch. Snap to note is too aggressive. I’ve mentioned this in a few threads. Do you know a way to alter this?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that? The Mono Mode Pitch Range control needs to be set to match your controller, but I can't think of anything that'd be pulling the pitch to specific notes.

The only other thing I can think of is that the Render Mode does have an effect on the harmonic content of the sound, with Basic mode increasing the number of audible inharmonic overtones (see https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro/lgsic8cdbe8b/mac ) which might make things sound a bit off.

• I don’t know if time marches on is good enough. Apple seem to relish breaking things these days and Ableton are leading the way with non-obsolescence.

• More I go more it is YES I will subscribe yearly , this is future and I never been a guy stack in the past.

Nearly all is here , I find everything in hidden menu now it become intuitive for me after more than 25 hours in it.

I finished a set of tracks just now going to learn more on mixing and using a bit of mastering.

I don’t want to use anymore the Logic desktop as it is too difficult because of health problems for me to carryon using trackpad , mouse and not to interact with a touch screen and I was relying on Logic Remote but even it is not so easy and cannot replace mouse or keyboard short cut. I will resale my AirBook M1.

I don’t need anymore Powerful Laptop and LogicPro setting I am not a pro with big screens it is only a hobby.

Upgrade I am waiting : more sounds packed and Alchemy preset , at least the best ones. I hope to that I can control short cut and navigate using the voice.

• edited May 2023

Pretty sure after playing around with Sample Alchemy yesterday that I'll just plump for a year, that thing is sweeeet!

• Hard to believe it hasn’t been out for a week yet

• Right now I have to say that my initial hype and hit of GAS has passed and I realise the longer I don’t get into using Logic on the iPad the more I don’t feel the need for it. Might check it out sometime in the future, but right now I’m happy creating with all the wonderful tools I have already collected. Still have a lot to explore.
    One thing that has occurred from all this Logic stuff is I am now renewed in my iOS music quest. We really are spoilt for avenues for creative expression on this platform.

• @realdawei said:
    Hard to believe it hasn’t been out for a week yet

For the uninterested, I bet it feels like a year ;)

• @el_bo said:

@realdawei said:

They will need to do with for all remaining 2023 and over 😂 (not to use it of course it is not their cup of tea I understood that)

• @el_bo said:

@realdawei said:

😂

• no, there's no need for a traditional DAW in my workflow.

• edited June 2023

I’m in for years to come!
    I love the iPad version of Logic Pro (although it can be better)!

I’ve put $250 or more on Auria Pro (it has been an fun time using this, although bumpy with some crashes in certain periods since 2013 - but now I will be 100% Logic on my iPad (still some intrest in Nanostudio 2 and Beatmaker 3 - Cubasis deleted)…

• @ErrkaPetti said:

I’ve put $250 or more on Auria Pro (it has been an fun time using this, although bumpy with some crashes in certain periods since 2013 - but now I will be 100% Logic on my iPad (still some intrest in Nanostudio 2 and Beatmaker 3 - Cubasis deleted)…

What is the reason you delete Cubasis as 3.5 seems stable, just curious to know ?

I don’t want to be stick to only one daw , I am in long learning process not yet able to create on Logic IPad , I hope to use more Logic to create but still will keep Cubasis , got NS2 on an old IPad.

For jaming live with my friends I will not use Logic I bought this week LoopyPro and want to us it for jaming.

• I’ve just this minute cancelled the subscription and deleted the app.

Had high hopes for it, but not for me unfortunately, back to Koala, my AUM jams, and Drambo studies.

On the plus side I can now unfollow the 3098 Logic threads on here!

• I understand that no app will work for everyone.

I’m finding that Logic Pro iPad solves so many problems caused by missing features in Cubasis:

• Busses
    • Takes
    • Track markers
    • Track presets (“Audio Patches” in Logic Pro)

So far, for my workflow, the only functionality missing in Logic Pro iPad is:

• Support for control surfaces (in my case Mackie)
    • Plug-in delay compensation

The latter two are well-developed in Logic Pro Mac, so hopefully we’ll see them in future version of Logic Pro iPad.

I get the feeling that anyone looking for a DAW workflow to support traditional song structure and tracking of accoustic instruments, will likely find Logic Pro iPad superior to all the current IOS alternatives.

Those who are focused on a more electronic idiom may be less than satisfied.

• @DovJ said:
    I understand that no app will work for everyone.

I’m finding that Logic Pro iPad solves so many problems caused by missing features in Cubasis:

• Busses
    • Takes
    • Track markers
    • Track presets (“Audio Patches” in Logic Pro)

So far, for my workflow, the only functionality missing in Logic Pro iPad is:

• Support for control surfaces (in my case Mackie)
    • Plug-in delay compensation

The latter two are well-developed in Logic Pro Mac, so hopefully we’ll see them in future version of Logic Pro iPad.

I get the feeling that anyone looking for a DAW workflow to support traditional song structure and tracking of accoustic instruments, will likely find Logic Pro iPad superior to all the current IOS alternatives.

Those who are focused on a more electronic idiom may be less than satisfied.

Good point on what type of music making it suits. I’m pretty traditional and like you I’m all in on Logic Pro. Not had the heart to bin everything else yet. They languish unused on an older iPad Pro that can’t take Logic but I seriously doubt I will use any of them.

• @monz0id said:
    I’ve just this minute cancelled the subscription and deleted the app.

Had high hopes for it, but not for me unfortunately, back to Koala, my AUM jams, and Drambo studies.

On the plus side I can now unfollow the 3098 Logic threads on here!

Understable as you try it and find it was not for you , it is not for everybody at all not like GB that everyone can use easily.

• @BerlinFx said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

What is the reason you delete Cubasis as 3.5 seems stable, just curious to know ?

I don’t want to be stick to only one daw , I am in long learning process not yet able to create on Logic IPad , I hope to use more Logic to create but still will keep Cubasis , got NS2 on an old IPad.

For jaming live with my friends I will not use Logic I bought this week LoopyPro and want to us it for jaming.

I don’t see any meaning to keep Cubasis on my iPad - CB isn’t bad, but, from now it’s just a smaller brother and I stick to the big brother, Logic Pro for iPad, more powerful brother…

• While Logic is missing a few features, none of them are showstoppers for me (apart from latency compensation which is probably just a bug), so I'm looking forward to using it.

Track markers, Stacks, routing, takes, great timestreching, there's a lot of good stuff in there.

It's more of an app for mixing a finished track than for spontaneous jams IMO, jamming is still quicker and more spontaneous in AUM.

• @BerlinFx said:
    it is not for everybody at all not like GB that everyone can use easily.

It's not a case of it being too difficult for me to use - I've had Logic on desktop for a decade, and have been recording and using DAW's ever since they were invented.

For me, the missing features and workflow cludges are a turn-off. When I noticed this morning I hadn't even opened it for the last three or four days, I realised it was never going to be part of my recording set-up, and a fiver a month would be going out of my bank account on an barely used app.

That's where the subscription model punches itself in it's own face - if this had been a reasonable one-off charge I would most likely have just left it on, and occasionally used some of its features. As it is, Apple gets nothing.

• I will sub, mainly to make the odd video using logic and because i like some of the instruments and LOVE the velocity response of the playing surfaces. Overall though, I’d really rather use AUM for my needs.

• @monz0id said:

@BerlinFx said:
    it is not for everybody at all not like GB that everyone can use easily.

It's not a case of it being too difficult for me to use - I've had Logic on desktop for a decade, and have been recording and using DAW's ever since they were invented.

For me, the missing features and workflow cludges are a turn-off. When I noticed this morning I hadn't even opened it for the last three or four days, I realised it was never going to be part of my recording set-up, and a fiver a month would be going out of my bank account on an barely used app.

That's where the subscription model punches itself in it's own face - if this had been a reasonable one-off charge I would most likely have just left it on, and occasionally used some of its features. As it is, Apple gets nothing.

To tel the true I sens a feedback to Applr with their feedback link suggesting add templates.

at least to improve user experience to average users or iOS users that are not expert . The expert here will subscribe but I am not an expert and if I any frustrated like the vast majority will be doing the free trial it is so easy to unsubscribe.

Expert users à with decades of experience are happy fine but they still forget that they are the happy few , I am,ost like many users and frustrated and tired to learn and fail. I give 1 year chance to Logic Apple but I they don’t add templates and normal user experience for iOS I will unsubscribe many will not wait.

The vast majority of the Pro don’t make a try and don’t want to use it for missing features so they unsubscribe yet , ios music influencers still are lost but they don’t ant to tell it is bad AUX.

Pro market influencers tell about why you can’t use it to make it useful for any workflow at v1.0 stage. It is an experimental daw but not useful for doing music easily even draw your idea you got for that many easy apps.

I will nort be surprised if at the end it will be a fail with not many subscribers if Apple doesn’t take care of users experience.

• edited June 2023

@DovJ said:

I try to use it more like a multitrack recording and mixing app than a clip launcher or loop-grid and it seems to work well with my audiointerface. I want to go to my friends studio plug it in and let him record a guitar on my track i.e. Just take my studio with me. This linear recording option has been missing for me on ipad so far. And since i am on an iMac with Logic Pro this is sure an option. Missing more elegant file I/O and a (not necessarily the) score editor. I am missing support for control surfaces (Mackie) and clever MIDI routing. Of course it would be nice, if it would play nicer with the other kids. A few linear tracks from Logic in Loopy Pro would be handy. Also all Logic software instruments and effects. All files are hidden. No in app browsing no easy sharing of Logic content. It tries to exclude. And breaking the CCK was also not so nice. What is hard to get is that I have 90% of all available KORG apps - and the only one I can use is Module. No Wavestation, no MS20, no ARP Oddyssey, no Gadget… common KORG… I hope Logic will give a boost to all iPad developers and music on iPad in general.

Just today I found out that I can subscribe to the pro features of my iPad caculator app (ad free!) for 3,49/month. I think 4,99 is reasonable for Logic but still don‘t know if I will subscribe. Maybe waiting for a more ‚complete‘ version.

• edited June 2023

@BerlinFx said:
    at least to improve user experience to average users or iOS users that are not expert . The expert here will subscribe but I am not an expert and if I any frustrated like the vast majority will be doing the free trial it is so easy to unsubscribe.

It’s got nothing to do with ‘expert’ users. When buying an app, the bottom line comes down to weighing up the pros and cons of whether it will get enough use, to justify an investment, regardless of user ability.

In my particular case where I’ll be mostly using my own audio and samples, it’s falling short of attracting me away from performing the same tasks with existing software on desktop.

Throw in the grind of a monthly fee, along with a big chunk of precious disk space, and it was a no-brainier for me.

• @richardyot said:
    While Logic is missing a few features, none of them are showstoppers for me (apart from latency compensation which is probably just a bug), so I'm looking forward to using it.

Track markers, Stacks, routing, takes, great timestreching, there's a lot of good stuff in there.

It's more of an app for mixing a finished track than for spontaneous jams IMO, jamming is still quicker and more spontaneous in AUM.

Exactly! :) I recently purchased a new Mini 6 with 256gb storage (the max I could get for the form factor), and I installed only what I absolutely needed. Logic Pro being one of those apps, obviously, but also Bleass synths, Hilda, Buttersynth, choice effects such as Alteza, oh and of course AUM! I can't live without my AUM for on-the-go Ambient jams, nor can I live without my precious PaulXStretch. :lol:

(Yeah, Gadget didn't make the cut on this device, but Module Pro and Electribe Wave and their IAPs did (alongside Beathawk and Pure Synth Platinum 2 and their IAPs).)

• Logic Pro unsubscribe done I got it for free up to 23 th June and after I will live happy without it . I tryed and I fall in love of Cubasis thanks Apple you failed game over.

• @BerlinFx said:
    Logic Pro unsubscribe done I got it for free up to 23 th June and after I will live happy without it . I tryed and I fall in love of Cubasis thanks Apple you failed game over.

Don’t be such a Drama Queen…

You have already posted this message before…

• @BerlinFx said:
    Logic Pro unsubscribe done I got it for free up to 23 th June and after I will live happy without it . I tryed and I fall in love of Cubasis thanks Apple you failed game over.

You failed, not Apple.

And don't act like a little child, grow up!

• @BerlinFx said:

How great is it that we have multiple DAW options now on the iPad?!

I’ve used Cubasis for several years, and had success. Even so my conclusion was very different than yours.

Based on my own testing and much of what I’ve read here and in other forums, Logic Pro lovers tend to be focused on different styles of music and production than those who like you aren’t impressed enough to invest the time and money into Logic Pro. Different strokes (and DAWs) for different folks…

• @DovJ said:

@BerlinFx said:

How great is it that we have multiple DAW options now on the iPad?!

I’ve used Cubasis for several years, and had success. Even so my conclusion was very different than yours.

Based on my own testing and much of what I’ve read here and in other forums, Logic Pro lovers tend to be focused on different styles of music and production than those who like you aren’t impressed enough to invest the time and money into Logic Pro. Different strokes (and DAWs) for different folks…

This is the right way to look at things. More and better tools are good for everyone.