Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SOLVED: Mozaic request please: small script needed...

wim is unfortunately away today and I have some gigs coming up on the weekend (its Friday here) so I was wondering if a mozaic expert could write a small script containing
CC32 0 CC0 0 and a PC just all on channel 1

I can edit it as required I think,

Oh and I need it to load to an instrument channel in AUM upon AUM session load.

I have the manual for Mozaic but it is still all going over my head :(

Comments

• @pax-eterna said:
    wim is unfortunately away today and I have some gigs coming up on the weekend (its Friday here) so I was wondering if a mozaic expert could write a small script containing
    CC32 0 CC0 0 and a PC just all on channel 1

I can edit it as required I think,

Oh and I need it to load to an instrument channel in AUM upon AUM session load.

I have the manual for Mozaic but it is still all going over my head :(

What do you want the script to do?

• heshes
    edited May 2023

This is basically the script @Wim gave you in the other thread. Looks to me like what you want:

@OnLoad
      // change the four lines below to
     // have the values you want
      chan = 0      // 0 is the first midi channel
      cc0 = 0
      cc32 = 0
      pc = 0

SendMIDICC chan, 0, cc0
      SendMIDICC chan, 32, cc32, 10
      SendMIDIProgramChange chan, pc, 10
    @End

To set up just put Mozaic in a channel in AUM and copy the text into the 'Code' area of Mozaic, then press the 'Upload' button in Mozaic. Once that's done it will run automatically each time you load that AUM project.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2023
    @OnLoad

// All lines starting with // are comments.
      // There are only 3 lines in here that are not comments.

// This code section will run everytime you load this script after saving 
      // or you hit the UPLOAD   button.

// CC32 0 CC0 0 and a PC just all on channel 1
      // NOTE: Mozaic specs 16 channels from 0-15. AUM and most DAW's call them 1-16.
      // use 
      // SendMIDICC chan, cc, value, optionaldelay

SendMIDICC 0, 32, 0
      SendMIDICC 0, 0, 0

// use
      // SendMIDIProgramChange chan, value, optionaldelay 
      // NOTE: You did not specify the Program Number so I just used "1"

SendMIDIProgramChange 1, 1

// Oh and I need it to load to an instrument channel in AUM upon AUM session load

// Sorry. This needs to be configured in AUM to be triggered by a CC instruction with proper AUM routing
      // Do that routing and add a line for the MIDI event with channel and CC values.

// // SendMIDICC chan, cc, value, optionaldelay

// Then load up Mozaic and add these lines and saved the AUM session.

@End

• edited May 2023

@hes said:
    This is basically the script @Wim gave you in the other thread. Looks to me like what you want:

@OnLoad
      // change the four lines below to
     // have the values you want
      chan = 0      // 0 is the first midi channel
      cc0 = 0
      cc32 = 0
      pc = 0

SendMIDICC chan, 0, cc0
      SendMIDICC chan, 32, cc32, 10
      SendMIDIProgramChange chan, pc, 10
    @End

To set up just put Mozaic in a channel in AUM and copy the text into the 'Code' area of Mozaic, then press the 'Upload' button in Mozaic. Once that's done it will run automatically each time you load that AUM project.

oh I did not see that - I think when we were discussing yesterday he deleted them as they were glitchy...thanks for saving it and posting!

The other thread re using an external app was the "Plan B" haha!

• edited May 2023

@McD said:
    @OnLoad

// All lines starting with // are comments.
    // There are only 3 lines in here that are not comments.

// This code section will run everytime you load this script after saving
    // or you hit the UPLOAD button.

// CC32 0 CC0 0 and a PC just all on channel 1
    // NOTE: Mozaic specs 16 channels from 0-15. AUM and most DAW's call them 1-16.
    // use
    // SendMIDICC chan, cc, value, optionaldelay

SendMIDICC 0, 32, 0
    SendMIDICC 0, 0, 0

// use
    // SendMIDIProgramChange chan, value, optionaldelay
    // NOTE: You did not specify the Program Number so I just used "1"

SendMIDIProgramChange 1, 1

// Oh and I need it to load to an instrument channel in AUM upon AUM session load

// Sorry. This needs to be configured in AUM to be triggered by a CC instruction with proper AUM routing
    // Do that routing and add a line for the MIDI event with channel and CC values.

// // SendMIDICC chan, cc, value, optionaldelay

// Then load up Mozaic and add these lines and saved the AUM session.

@End

thanks for that extra info!

• heshes
    edited May 2023

Also, you will need to configure AUM so the Mozaic instance is a midi input for your instrument. You're feeding the midi from Mozaic to an instrument in AUM, is that right? If not, you'll need to configure AUM so it's sending Mozaic's midi out to whatever destination you have.

• @pax-eterna said:
    oh I did not see that - I think when we were discussing yesterday he deleted them as they were glitchy...thanks for saving it and posting!

Yes, this is what was glitchy yesterday. It won't magically work today if you're trying to use it for same thing as Wim was.

• edited May 2023

ok this is the bit Im stuck on

"// Sorry. This needs to be configured in AUM to be triggered by a CC instruction with proper AUM routing
    // Do that routing and add a line for the MIDI event with channel and CC values."

Where is that configured?
    Oh and the optional delay value, is that 1= 1ms, 2=2ms and so on?

• edited May 2023

@hes said:

@pax-eterna said:

Yes, this is what was glitchy yesterday. It won't magically work today if you're trying to use it for same thing as Wim was.

but since that time I have figured out why (I think) it is how Martinez has configured his "columns"

Got it sorted... seemed the issue was the delay...needed bout 3 ms between commands. Just created a session. left it after selecting random settings in the Lumbeat app, loaded another session and then reloaded the saved session with Mozaic...it loaded the script when the session was loaded (without any other AUM programming at all) and reset the app to what it was at save. So now I can move on and get songs set.