Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Curious if my workflow will work in Logic Pro

My current workflow (simplified) is as follows:

• Add an audio channel in AUM and load an instrument
  • Add a MIDI channel and load Rozetta Particles or Collider or ZOA or any other MIDI generator, point it at the audio channel (maybe via MIDIGates or some other MIDI manipulator)
  • Add a shitload of effects to the audio channel
  • Repeat all of the above if needed for other channels
  • Press play in AUM
  • Play around with presets and settings in the instruments, effects and MIDI generators

Can I do all this in LP?

(Yes, I know I said earlier that I'm against subscriptions but LP has the one thing I'm missing in AUM; automation, something I really, really want)

Comments

• Luckily there’s a months free trial

• You can do all this on one-track, add the midi effect to the left of the AUv3 you wish you control and the effects to the right.
    Rozeta was just recently update to work with Logic.

Logic is by no means perfect yet but it's V1.0 so I suppose it'll get a bunch of updates once the feedback starts to come.
    For now you can not route the midi AUv3 output to other tracks, only to an instrument on the same track.

You can stack multiple midi and audio-effects after each other and freely re-arrange the order.

Give the 30 days a go and check it out.

• I think you could do that with just a MIDI track in Logic, adding a MIDI generator, an instrument and the effects. You can still route the output to a bus and then to an audio track as well in case you want to record the audio separately.

As Bianca says, there’s a months free trial, so you could just test it and see if it works for you. :)

• @Samu said:
    You can do all this on one-track, add the midi effect to the left of the AUv3 you wish you control and the effects to the right.
    Rozeta was just recently update to work with Logic.

Logic is by no means perfect yet but it's V1.0 so I suppose it'll get a bunch of updates once the feedback starts to come.
    For now you can not route the midi AUv3 output to other tracks, only to an instrument on the same track.

You can stack multiple midi and audio-effects after each other and freely re-arrange the order.

Give the 30 days a go and check it out.

Sounds good. Just wanted to check before I bothered to download LP... :)

• edited May 2023

@lasselu said:
    (Yes, I know I said earlier that I'm against subscriptions but LP has the one thing I'm missing in AUM; automation, something I really, really want)

Beware of one thing .. automation when it comes to tweaking knobs directly in UI doesn’t work well in logic yet .. many plugins simply do not record automation when you just tweak knobs - you need manually add automation lane and draw automation with pencil ..

• @dendy said:

@lasselu said:

Beware of one thing .. automation when it comes to tweaking knobs directly in UI doesn’t work well in logic yet .. many plugins simply do not record automation when you just tweak knobs - you need manually add automation lane and draw automation with pencil ..

That's fine for me, that's probably the way I would do it anyway...

• @lasselu said:

• Add a MIDI channel and load Rozetta Particles or Collider or ZOA or any other MIDI generator, point it at the audio channel (maybe via MIDIGates or some other MIDI manipulator)
    • Press play in AUM
    • Play around with presets and settings in the instruments, effects and MIDI generators

Can I do all this in LP?

You can do that in Logic Pro, Cubasis, Audio Evolution, BMP, MTS, Dawnbeat, Zenbeats, AudioBus, ape matrix, NanoStudio, etc.

• I know, but I asked specifically about LP...

• @lasselu said:
    I know, but I asked specifically about LP...

I understand you want to implement your workflow inside LP.

It is only 2 days that we try to understand all in LP , wait a bit . Better to try to implement it on LP IPad and you will ask more specific questions that one here will be able to help you in say 1 week or 2 weeks how to do and what you can’t do.

You need to try by yourself first.

• Well, given the fact that @Samu actually answered my question I won't have to wait or try for myself... ;)

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@lasselu said:

• Press play in AUM

Can I do all this in LP?

You can do that in Logic Pro, Cubasis, Audio Evolution, BMP, MTS, Dawnbeat, Zenbeats, AudioBus, ape matrix, NanoStudio, etc.

Not Nanostudio - it hasn’t got Audio channels…

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@lasselu said:

• Press play in AUM

Can I do all this in LP?

Not Nanostudio - it hasn’t got Audio channels…

Yes this is the big problem with Nano studio, no audio . Nope to have I think . It was a great Daw but I can’t see any future. I still have it in an old IPad as I like Obsidian and pretty good for Midi only.

• @Samu said:

Thanks for that clarification.