Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg synths on sale

Korg is giving 50% off on all their Apps. Perhaps I want to buy one of the synths. Which one is better, iMS-20 Or the iPolysix? And what's the difference?

Comments

• They both are great but I love the iPolysix. The iMS-20 requires a deep knowledge of tweaking knobs like the days of old..haha but they both are quality and make great sounds.

• Then I'll propably go for the polysix...since deep knowledge is exactly what I don't have...:)

• Yea I find iMS-20 daunting...but found it pretty easy to create sounds with iPolysix. They are both super flexible and both have sequencers, drums, XY pads, and much more

• Well, I've bought iPolysix and it sounds great....I don't really understand the sequencing yet, but I'll figure that out (I hope)
    Btw, it's great to have this forum and to get Questions answered so fast...I understand how to set up Midi in Beatmaker now and I have a great new synth...what a good day :)

• Hopefully they'll update all their apps with more advanced MIDI implementation. It has midi but very basic

• Heres an example. I used Arpeggionome via Midi to drive iPolysix and record into Cubasis...very basic simple example

• Can it be listened to somewhere?

• Haha totally forgot to attach the link

iPolysix + Arpeggionome

• Just got the iMS-20. I know it has a steeper learning curve, but I'm liking what I've been able to get it to do so far.

• The ims-20 is one of my very favorite apps. If you'd like to dig in a little deeper check out this guys tutorials;

they're for the original ms-20, but they helped me. a LOT. Won't help you figure out the sequencer stuff since that's only in the ims-20, but will demystify that patch panel a little. I had no idea what I was doing there until I watched these.

• Yea I need to dive into it but it seems overwhelming ...I know it's just as good as their other apps and can prob get some great stuff out of it but oh the learning curve..thanks for the link!

• Thanks @boone51. I can certainly use that!

• How do the Korg apps compare with Magellan and NanoStudio which I already own.

I rarely use synths as I'm more into guitar apps alongside the sublime Thumbjam but I'm tempted by anything at half price. Do you reckon I would I be wasting my money buying any of the Korg apps considering what I already have and that I'm more guitar orientated

• I bought iPolysix and iKaossilator when they were half price before and quite like iKaossilator. iPolysix on the other doesn't get used because I haven't spend much time with it so I can't make a good comparison. It looks very complicated to my simple mind but others have posted some great sounds with it.

I'm more guitar oriented like you and have way too many synths but Magellan and NanoStudio are two I like very much.

I wouldn't say I wasted my money but I haven't recouped my money yet. Half priced apps are hard to turn down.

Good luck with your decision.

• @noisyninja I'd buy Sunrizer or Addictive before buying ims-20 or ipoly-six. The Korgs are both fun synths but if you don't need the not-quite-full-fledged-anyway sequencers from the Korg synths, I think you'll get a lot more mileage out of Sunrizer or Addictive.

• Korg at half price is still more than most of the decent synths.

• edited March 2014

• The fact that you can click and hold knobs on polysix to automate would make me buy that one 1st. I have ims-20 also.

• Thanks for the tips guys. I think I will just keep my money for the time being. Got a bit over-excited by the on sale now tag. Probably never fully feel like I've recouped it like @Keebo and as @PaulB said even on sale is still pricier than others.

@Simon It was just the synths I was looking at as I normally load my own samples into a TRG on NS for my drum parts. I've had a play around with iKaosillator on someone at works iPhone before, was much fun but felt it was more a toy. I might borrow his phone this week and have another look at it though.

@syrupcore I have both Sunrizer and Addictive on my iPhone, bought them on a whim after seeing some positive comments on either the NS or MTD forums. Never got round to properly testing them. Probably be worthwhile playing around with them before getting the iPad versions.

• iKaosillator is just a toy unless you start editing the presets, watch this to see you can do good stuff with it.

And if you haven't checked out Rheyne before, he has some really cool stuff. Uses all variety of hardware, software, ios etc. (cooll mood lighting as well)

• Another good place for tutorials is the discchord site. Tim did a ton of them, they'll be one of the earliest ones from memory