Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New synth coming from Unfiltered Audio, anyone know what it is!? Snippet Nuggets?

Comments

• @bygjohn said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Knowing UA, they will hopefully deliver something top-quality that actually does something unique. @brambos hit it out of the park with Hilda in terms of uniqueness and wondrous sound, Buttersynth is hard to top as an all-rounder (sorry Synthmaster 2), and Model 15 and miRack and Drambo are tough to beat for modular environments.

☝️ This.

UA made their iOS debut in an almost textbook fashion, actively engaging with the community, taking on board user feedback, and as a result produced some excellent and unique plugin ports that hopefully sold like hot cakes.

As a result, I’m immediately interested to see what they make in terms of a synth: they’re savvy enough to know what kind of competition they are up against, and clever enough to make something really interesting.

As the recent response to Hilda shows, make something wonderful and people will be all over it.

Yes!!!!! Hilda isn’t the most complicated of things but it is just lovely!!

• @sevenape said:

@bygjohn said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Knowing UA, they will hopefully deliver something top-quality that actually does something unique. @brambos hit it out of the park with Hilda in terms of uniqueness and wondrous sound, Buttersynth is hard to top as an all-rounder (sorry Synthmaster 2), and Model 15 and miRack and Drambo are tough to beat for modular environments.

☝️ This.

UA made their iOS debut in an almost textbook fashion, actively engaging with the community, taking on board user feedback, and as a result produced some excellent and unique plugin ports that hopefully sold like hot cakes.

As a result, I’m immediately interested to see what they make in terms of a synth: they’re savvy enough to know what kind of competition they are up against, and clever enough to make something really interesting.

As the recent response to Hilda shows, make something wonderful and people will be all over it.

Yes!!!!! Hilda isn’t the most complicated of things but it is just lovely!!

Exactly! Hilda is a top example of simple-but-incredible.

• @sevenape said:

@ninobeatz said:
    Too soon for info..my lips are 🤐 but 😂🤣😂 at “Snippet Nuggets”

Not even the smallest of snipnugs!? A grain!? :)

Okay..if you like Lion..THINK BIGGER! It’s the biggest synth they’ve EVER worked on

• @ninobeatz said:

@sevenape said:

@ninobeatz said:

Okay..if you like Lion..THINK BIGGER! It’s the biggest synth they’ve EVER worked on

Ooooh! 2 lions? no no.... Hippo.... ELEPHANT!!!!

• An unfiltered Snickers or Mars might be nice.

• @tyslothrop1 said:
    An unfiltered Snickers or Mars might be nice.

Yorkie surely!?!?!?

• @sevenape said:

@ninobeatz said:

A snipnuglet

• @sevenape said:

@tyslothrop1 said:
    An unfiltered Snickers or Mars might be nice.

Yorkie surely!?!?!?

That must be it, didn't know about that one, the Wikipedia page is a fun read :)

• Hey folks, just a little FYI that might surprise a few of you...

BA-1? Not the big failure some might want you to believe. In fact, it's doing pretty damn well. If you've been keeping an eye on the Plug-in Boutique charts (the most popular VST store), the BA-1 has been dominating in the top 2 best selling synth plug-ins worldwide since its release.

I'm throwing this out there mainly for the other devs, especially new music app developers – Don't let negativity get you down. If you believe in your product, stick with it and finish it how you want it. Sometimes what you read on the internet, or feedback you get doesn't exactly match up with real life. So, keep that chin up and remember, real life is way cooler than what random strangers post about your apps.

And, F*ck it, are you even successful if no one hates on your apps? (Y'all should see the hate mail I get – for completely free apps no less!)

• @AnalogMatthew said:
    Hey folks, just a little FYI that might surprise a few of you...

BA-1? Not the big failure some might want you to believe. In fact, it's doing pretty damn well. If you've been keeping an eye on the Plug-in Boutique charts (the most popular VST store), the BA-1 has been dominating in the top 2 best selling synth plug-ins worldwide since its release.

I'm throwing this out there mainly for the other devs, especially new music app developers – Don't let negativity get you down. If you believe in your product, stick with it and finish it how you want it. Sometimes what you read on the internet, or feedback you get doesn't exactly match up with real life. So, keep that chin up and remember, real life is way cooler than what random strangers post about your apps.

And, F*ck it, are you even successful if no one hates on your apps? (Y'all should see the hate mail I get – for completely free apps no less!)

Interesting snippet nugget about the success of the synth, thnx for sharing Matt!

• @Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

@ninobeatz said:

A snipnuglet

hahahaah nuglette

• @sevenape said:
    hahahaah nuglette

Look at you with your fancy French ways.

• @Gavinski said:

@sevenape said:

@ninobeatz said:

A snipnuglet

Snipnuglet got me 😂

• @ninobeatz said:

@sevenape said:

@ninobeatz said:

Hey @ninobeatz any new snugs!?

• Yep overdue for a snpng.

• Mmmm snipugs for thanksgiving please 🤤

• Wer dem $nipnugZ at

• Oh hell ya. Gimme Gimme. 🤤

• @ninobeatz said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh snuggly

• Any nugplets?

• I know but I can't tell;)
    its smth very very special
    like no one heard before.
    In my knowledge, there is nothing like this...

• I’m very excited.

• @waka_x said:
    I know but I can't tell;)
    its smth very very special
    like no one heard before.
    In my knowledge, there is nothing like this...

This is awesome news! Are you joking though!?

• sevenape:
    no - trust me.
    I'm not joking.
    It is a meta-drum machine with "engines" (think Elektron) (synthetic and sample/spectral based)
    and fresh processors that are new algos. I can't tell you more but it will be a blast.

• That's great to hear, I really like their first set of effects so I'm eager to see their take on an iOS synth

• @waka_x said:
    sevenape:
    no - trust me.
    I'm not joking.
    It is a meta-drum machine with "engines" (think Elektron) (synthetic and sample/spectral based)
    and fresh processors that are new algos. I can't tell you more but it will be a blast.

Oh man!!

• Was surprised to see I don’t have any apps from this developer - any I really should check out? The only one I see mentioned here a lot is the lofi one.

• @RonnieOmelettes said:
    Was surprised to see I don’t have any apps from this developer - any I really should check out? The only one I see mentioned here a lot is the lofi one.

Silo is awesome.

• @RonnieOmelettes said:
    Was surprised to see I don’t have any apps from this developer - any I really should check out? The only one I see mentioned here a lot is the lofi one.

LO-FI-AF and Silo are the best two to my mind ... Silo is a granular/spacial/reverb effect like nothing else out there. Worth checking out demos to get a feel for them.