Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thanks for the Logic Pro For IPad tutorials

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

Pete Johns has an excellent beginner one as does
Jade Starr,
“GarageBand Guide”,
“Music HelpTech Guy” “
Logic Pro Rocks”
MobileMusicPro
Gavinski

and some others.

Thanks for that, we needed it .

Comments

• That's great, he has a good (and huge!) series of tutorial videos for Mac Logic, hope he creates an equivalent series for iPad Logic.

• edited May 2023

@mjm1138 said:
    That's great, he has a good (and huge!) series of tutorial videos for Mac Logic, hope he creates an equivalent series for iPad Logic.

Yeah he’s done three in a row now. Initially he said he’d stop after the first one but I guess he’s seen the potential.
    He got 10k views in one day after the first one .

• Pleasure! Quite a tough job to get a semi-decent intro up after such a short time, but I hope it will be useful 🍻

• @Gavinski said:
    Pleasure! Quite a tough job to get a semi-decent intro up after such a short time, but I hope it will be useful 🍻

Looking forward to more !

• All did a great job as it is not easy to do

• I finally finished digesting thru the manual for Logic for iPad, took a while...

I'm especially enjoying the non-destructive quantize options and the playing surfaces.
    Even though there are some things I'd like change I feel quite at home with what's already there.

Will be interesting to see how many and frequent updates we'll get?
    I would love the option to download more 'factory content' as I'm missing many of the sounds present in the desktop version.

QuickSampler could use integrated recording, I mean GarageBand already does this and so does desktop Logic.
    The Drum Machine Designer could use a few additions to make it easier/faster to build kits.

And well, I'd love to be able to disable the 'Welcome Screen' and go directly to the last project or document picker.

And for the love of higher powers, an option to disable auto-save and do a manual save...

...it's too easy to 'mess up' existing projects by opening them, playing and by 'accident' change something with no way to revert to the saved session.

Countdown to the next update has begun :sunglasses:

• Again @Samu displays his uncanny ability to wade through the weeds and extract what is necessary…I’m reading the manual too although it makes me wish I was more GarageBand iOS fluent.. Thanks for the comment, it’s valuable for sure..

• @Telstar5 said:
    Again @Samu displays his uncanny ability to wade through the weeds and extract what is necessary…I’m reading the manual too although it makes me wish I was more GarageBand iOS fluent.. Thanks for the comment, it’s valuable for sure..

If it helps I don't approach iPad Logic from a 'GarageBand Perspective' but rather I try to approach it with an 'open mind'.
    ie. I do NOT try to replicate what I do with other apps but rather with the approach of 'How do I do this in iPad Logic?'.

One thing is quite clear though, it's NOT Cubasis, BM3, NS2, Koala Sampler, AUM etc. it IS its own 'thing'.

I will give it a year and see how it improves over time.

If Apple is 'smart' here they will push out an update before the initial trial month ends to show the public that they intend to keep on improving it at a somewhat rapid phase.

It's also quite safe to assume that when WWDC'23 kicks of next month Apple will be using iPad Logic to demo new audio related features that will be added to iPadOS17.

@Gavinski 's video dropped so late yesterday I was almost half-asleep so I'll give it a go later today...

I expect to see a lot of fixes for existing apps for Logic compatibility, Scaler 2 was just update as was the Rozeta suite.

We'll see where things go...

• Ah, that’s a good point about auto save!

@Samu said:
    I finally finished digesting thru the manual for Logic for iPad, took a while...

I'm especially enjoying the non-destructive quantize options and the playing surfaces.
    Even though there are some things I'd like change I feel quite at home with what's already there.

Will be interesting to see how many and frequent updates we'll get?
    I would love the option to download more 'factory content' as I'm missing many of the sounds present in the desktop version.

QuickSampler could use integrated recording, I mean GarageBand already does this and so does desktop Logic.
    The Drum Machine Designer could use a few additions to make it easier/faster to build kits.

And well, I'd love to be able to disable the 'Welcome Screen' and go directly to the last project or document picker.

And for the love of higher powers, an option to disable auto-save and do a manual save...

...it's too easy to 'mess up' existing projects by opening them, playing and by 'accident' change something with no way to revert to the saved session.

Countdown to the next update has begun :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Again @Samu displays his uncanny ability to wade through the weeds and extract what is necessary…I’m reading the manual too although it makes me wish I was more GarageBand iOS fluent.. Thanks for the comment, it’s valuable for sure..

If it helps I don't approach iPad Logic from a 'GarageBand Perspective' but rather I try to approach it with an 'open mind'.
    ie. I do NOT try to replicate what I do with other apps but rather with the approach of 'How do I do this in iPad Logic?'.

One thing is quite clear though, it's NOT Cubasis, BM3, NS2, Koala Sampler, AUM etc. it IS its own 'thing'.

I will give it a year and see how it improves over time.

If Apple is 'smart' here they will push out an update before the initial trial month ends to show the public that they intend to keep on improving it at a somewhat rapid phase.

It's also quite safe to assume that when WWDC'23 kicks of next month Apple will be using iPad Logic to demo new audio related features that will be added to iPadOS17.

@Gavinski 's video dropped so late yesterday I was almost half-asleep so I'll give it a go later today...

I expect to see a lot of fixes for existing apps for Logic compatibility, Scaler 2 was just update as was the Rozeta suite.

We'll see where things go...

If you thought it was late, you can only imagine how late it was for me - that thing kept me up til the crack of dawn despite starting at around 11pm my time lol