Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro iPad for Beginners (1-Hour YouTube Walkthrough)

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

Logic Pro For iPad | Getting Started Walkthrough Tutorial [See Pinned Comment!]

This hour-long walkthrough has 3 main purposes:

1. The main reason - to give you the knowledge you need, as a beginner to the iPad version (which is significantly reworked from the desktop version!). ie: How to:
  • do basic operations such as tweaking the UI to your taste

• load internal and 3rd party instruments, midi FX and audio FX

• understand basic functions in track view like slicing, stretching, moving, duplicating etc

• understand the various playing surfaces - these can be a lot of fun

• understand the basics of recording

1. To briefly acquaint desktop users of iOS with certain aspects of the iOS music-making ecosystem and its relevance to what their experience of Logic Pro on iPad might be like

2. To share some musings on the subscription model and what the impact of the release of Logic Pro for iPad might have on the wider iOS ecosystem

It is currently very late where I am, so I really don’t have time to add timestamps now, but will try to do so in the coming days.

No Giveaway, but every thumbs-up helps!

Comments

• Following

• Hope it was useful!

• @Gavinski said:
    Hope it was useful!

I cannot remember where, but I saw you recording midi in AUM. I'm not sure where to find the midi recorder in AUM. Or was it an Auv3?

• edited May 2023

I only ever use 2 things to record midi -

Midi tape recorder (free, perfect mpe support, no editing)

Atom2

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:
    Hope it was useful!

I cannot remember where, but I saw you recording midi in AUM. I'm not sure where to find the midi recorder in AUM. Or was it an Auv3?

• @Gavinski said:
    I only ever use w things to record midi -

Atom2

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:
    Hope it was useful!

Midi tape recorder is Wow.

Thank you.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:
    I only ever use w things to record midi -

Atom2

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:
    Hope it was useful!

Midi tape recorder is Wow.

Thank you.

Yeah, very useful!

• Thanks a lot

• I’m finding that the touch-sensitive velocity for playing instruments in Logic Pro for iPad on the iPad screen is actually not bad at all!

One key thing is to adjust the velocity range in the Surface Settings of the Logic keyboard. Here I have set Polyphonic Pitchbend to ‘On’, Velocity Mode to ‘Dynamic’, and Velocity Range to 1 to 108. I didn’t want to let the velocity get too heavy. You also need to enable the ‘Pitch’ button just above the center of the keyboard if you want to get per-note pitch bends.

It’s a pretty good playing experience in terms of velocity. Press lightly, the sounds are softer, press harder, they’re louder. It’s quite dynamic if you set a wide velocity range. What I don’t like so much is that there seems to be no control over how quickly note glides ‘snap’ to a particular key. I would like that to be adjustable, for smoother glides.

https://youtube.com/shorts/tzMfrpIlL6Y

• edited May 2023