Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is anyone actually liking the way to add Auv3?

Idk how is it in logic pro on Mac i never used it but on the app it took me a long time and had to watch vids on YouTube to figure how to add my own Auv3, it is so ready to do it on cubasis, and it has their logos as well, don't need any instruction. Couldn't be there an easier way like on the same menu that you can choose in your browser? And instead of choosing the developer just go through a list with their logo on?

Comments

• There’s a text field to search for them by name. That does the trick for me.

• How many threads on illogic pro we need? Lets agree on 1000

• @rvr said:
    How many threads on illogic pro we need? Lets agree on 1000

Hey, we get it. You don’t like it. Why are you polluting all the threads with negative comments like this?

• @NeuM said:

@rvr said:

Hey, we get it. You don’t like it. Why are you polluting all the threads with negative comments like this?

That’s was my thoughts also…
    This person has probably some sort of disorder…

• @mistercharlie said:
    There’s a text field to search for them by name. That does the trick for me.

Same... I'm buggered if I'd want to just search by icon either!

• edited May 2023

@Gavinski said:

@mistercharlie said:

The search field doesn’t show if you choose in the drop-down from create new midi track dialog. You have to add a new track then replace the instrument to get the search I believe. Less than ideal really.

• What is just a bit fun is to have a list with all dev names before selecting what of their apps you want. In some ways Iike this tribute to dev but for some apps I don’t remember the dev just the name of the app. Funny 😄

I wasn’t expecting a lot from LP IPad but It is very good for a V1.0. .

I will subscribe and pay fit Logic IPad and use it as my main Daw but I understand perfectly that some people prefer no to use a daw or wisely keep their time once Logic IPad will have added features and bugs fixes.

My second daw will be Cubasis 3 and I will try more to understand AUM and Loopy Pro (loopy Pro and AUM for live jam )

• @gregsmith said:

@Gavinski said:

@mistercharlie said:

The search field doesn’t show if you choose in the drop-down from create new midi track dialog. You have to add a new track then replace the instrument to get the search I believe. Less than ideal really.

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. That's worth complaining about yes

• @Johanso said:
    Idk how is it in logic pro on Mac i never used it but on the app it took me a long time and had to watch vids on YouTube to figure how to add my own Auv3, it is so ready to do it on cubasis, and it has their logos as well, don't need any instruction. Couldn't be there an easier way like on the same menu that you can choose in your browser? And instead of choosing the developer just go through a list with their logo on?

Yes, I find it a bit cumbersome too

• @BerlinFx said:
    What is just a bit fun is to have a list with all dev names before selecting what of their apps you want. In some ways Iike this tribute to dev but for some apps I don’t remember the dev just the name of the app. Funny 😄

Nice to call this a tribute, I feel it rather some sort of pain in the ass. 🤣

• rvrrvr
    edited May 2023

@ErrkaPetti said:

@NeuM said:

@rvr said:

That’s was my thoughts also…
    This person has probably some sort of disorder…

So maybe you need to marry each other in your sugary positivity and have a kid who will become a politeness doctor and will fix my sarcastic disorder? Or you actually want to discuss how another guy not liking the way something in logic works polluting the forum with same shit all over again and it is not negative like me? Or maybe we need a proper dose of healthy criticism which is truly lacking here, instead of being cringy positive about everything including obviously crappy stuff (we already have youtubers for that), to actually be heard by someone and make it better? Go think.

• edited May 2023

@gregsmith said:

@Gavinski said:

@mistercharlie said:

The way I prefer to add plugins is to add a MIDI plug-in then set it up to add a 'blank' instrument track. That way every time I add an instrument, including by double tapping in a blank part of the tracks section, it adds a blank track as this sets the default.

Then I just hit the + buttons to choose what I want. I then get the 'better' pop up with recents and the search box.

• Top tip!

• edited May 2023

I just counted that if you want to add Auv3 instrument by normal way that needs at least 7-8 clicks and 4-5 tabs, WTF! Who came up with this idea?! In cubasis and drambo only 2 clicks

• edited May 2023

@Michael never mind, I looked at the parent section 🤣