Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Questions about how to do X in Logic, whether Logic has Y etc etc

Comments

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Vip8888 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    I’m curious what the double arrows (left/right) do on the tracks view?
    Tried read the manual without success…
    See screenshot. Anyone?

They are for selecting if Live Loops or the sequencer is playing for each given track.

Ok… But, they (double-arrows) don’t be shown in the UI if we make a new project with instrument tracks…
    I wonder if it’s a bug what I shown in screenshot above?

The arrows are also present in Desktop Logic when the Clips are show...
    ...It's not a bug in iPad Logic, only an indication that the project contains clips.
    (Sometimes it's good to actually read the manual...).

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Have another question about Drummer in Logic Pro for iPad.

In both Logic for Mac and Garageband for iPad, we can choose among different drummers, like Logan Kyle & Anders, but, on Logic on iPad they have been removed… Why?

Because instead of focusing on the name of the drummer focus on the genre...
    ...they are all there.

• @Samu said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Vip8888 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    I’m curious what the double arrows (left/right) do on the tracks view?
    Tried read the manual without success…
    See screenshot. Anyone?

They are for selecting if Live Loops or the sequencer is playing for each given track.

Ok… But, they (double-arrows) don’t be shown in the UI if we make a new project with instrument tracks…
    I wonder if it’s a bug what I shown in screenshot above?

The arrows are also present in Desktop Logic when the Clips are show...
    ...It's not a bug in iPad Logic, only an indication that the project contains clips.
    (Sometimes it's good to actually read the manual...).

RTFM is a great expression, but, in this case I didn’t find the answer…

In above shown screenshot there’s no clips in that project, albeit it show the arrows…

• @Samu said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Have another question about Drummer in Logic Pro for iPad.

In both Logic for Mac and Garageband for iPad, we can choose among different drummers, like Logan Kyle & Anders, but, on Logic on iPad they have been removed… Why?

Because instead of focusing on the name of the drummer focus on the genre...
    ...they are all there.

Ok, great!

• You got a u I que ressources with Amy videos updated everyday and many ans ers to your questions here :smile:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/55721/a-thread-to-put-all-tutorials-texts-and-videos-links-about-logic-ios#latest

I did it as it helped some of you and me too 😝

• @ubique said:
    Did anyone find a convenient workflow to resample from master?

I know an ol' stool method, but it’s a real-time process, so not sure it’s what you’re looking for. It’s also good for recording live jams, though.

• @ubique said:

Drambo in theFX slot on the master, with a recorder module in a Drambo track. You can drag and drop from this recorder to anywhere in Logic—a track, sampler, etc.

• hi everyone. how to automate in loops view ? can't seem to automate the knobs ( not draw) even with stock plugins

• @yonhorizon said:
    hi everyone. how to automate in loops view ? can't seem to automate the knobs ( not draw) even with stock plugins

You can the mod matrix in the quick sampler to automate the loop points…
    I’m on day 5 with Logic for iPad.

Maybe I should just leave the forum for a few days and let people discover for themselves :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@yonhorizon said:
    hi everyone. how to automate in loops view ? can't seem to automate the knobs ( not draw) even with stock plugins

Maybe I should just leave the forum for a few days and let people discover for themselves :sunglasses:

You should leave the forum let people learn by themselves and some guys ask but at the same times don’t want to subscribe anyway or even haven’t downloaded LP ios just because they don’t want to use it as it is Apple , even many never used GB that was free as it is Apple, some guys here are very funny guys but waste your time.

I am on day 5 too and making first track my challenge will be to make quickly many tracks using only stock plugins and some vocal samples I got as there are a la k in vocals on Logic iOS.

I become more comfortable with the interface and will stop a bit to be in this forum to dedicate time to LP ios doing tracks. Enjoying the sun before flying in 2 weeks to sunny beaches.

I will carryon to select videos that people can learn

• @mistercharlie said:

@ubique said:

Drambo in theFX slot on the master, with a recorder module in a Drambo track. You can drag and drop from this recorder to anywhere in Logic—a track, sampler, etc.

Works great! Thanks!

• @ubique said:

@mistercharlie said:

@ubique said:

Works great! Thanks!

Even Drambo guys will sub to Logic ios and will enjoy Drambo that great

• @BerlinFx said:

You should leave the forum let people learn by themselves and some guys ask but at the same times don’t want to subscribe anyway or even haven’t downloaded LP ios just because they don’t want to use it as it is Apple , even many never used GB that was free as it is Apple, some guys here are very funny guys but waste your time.

Still got a lot to learn about Logic for iPad and it's only day 5...
    Not all things are easy to discover, it's like roaming around in a candy-store :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@BerlinFx said:

Still got a lot to learn about Logic for iPad and it's only day 5...
    Not all things are easy to discover, it's like roaming around in a candy-store :sunglasses:

Candy’s I don’t know but we need a candy’s or snack like we learn it for sure.

• From what I read elsewhere, it's not possible to create a project template at the moment, correct? thanks

• edited May 2023

@vdk_john said:
    From what I read elsewhere, it's not possible to create a project template at the moment, correct? thanks

No you cannot create what you call a project template like in Cubasis. You go directly to a blank project with a track.

Work in progress so you can expect it in the future as it is not a great challenge for Apple to add this possibility.

• @Samu said:

@yonhorizon said:

WTF? You can’t leave the forum Samuel, it will be chaos!
    You, and a few others, are the real universal genius that can deliver answers on almost every question…
    So, stay please! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• @mistercharlie said:

@ubique said:

As I can see in Logic for iPad, there’s not any FX slot on the Master Track?
    Do you mean Output Track?

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

@yonhorizon said:

You, and a few others, are the real universal genius that can deliver answers on almost every question…

LOL, I've been here too long to leave...
    ...but at times some people do get on my nerves which is not healthy, no one mentioned no one forgotten :sunglasses:

So how many here have so far figured out the 'tick durations' for note-events in Logic for iPad?
    These are super handy when setting the duration of notes in a selection using the inspector...

How many have tried converting a midi region to pattern region to overcome the lack of finger-painting the velocity for a bunch of notes and then converting it back to a midi-region?

Too bad Drag'n'Drop is 'one way' at the moment. It works for importing but there's no way to export audio or midi-regions to the Files.app slide-over... (I can easily drag from Drambo AUv3 to Logic time-line but not from Logic time-line to Drambo AUv3 or Files.app slide-over).

I don't mind the cleaner look of some of the synths and actually prefer ES2 and Sculpture in Logic for iPad compared to the eye-sore mess in desktop Logic. I know what parameters I look for so finding a text-label instead of an arbitrary graphics icon is for me a relief.

I urge people to really try to find a way first before asking questions, learning by doing best for of learning...
    ...it does feel that some here just ask instead even trying to make an effort to learn on their own...

I'm quite positive that I've dug thru most of the app by now and will focus more on the loop launcher thing in the coming days.

That is unless Apple has hidden an easter-egg that unlocks 'God Mode' or 'Power User Mode' or something like that...

Cheers!

• @vdk_john said:
    From what I read elsewhere, it's not possible to create a project template at the moment, correct? thanks

There’s a workaround where you whip up a project with everything the way you want and then to use it as a template for the next project just long press and Duplicate the project with your new projects name.

• @Samu said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

@yonhorizon said:

...but at times some people do get on my nerves which is not healthy, no one mentioned no one forgotten :sunglasses:

So how many here have so far figured out the 'tick durations' for note-events in Logic for iPad?
    These are super handy when setting the duration of notes in a selection using the inspector...

How many have tried converting a midi region to pattern region to overcome the lack of finger-painting the velocity for a bunch of notes and then converting it back to a midi-region?

Too bad Drag'n'Drop is 'one way' at the moment. It works for importing but there's no way to export audio or midi-regions to the Files.app slide-over... (I can easily drag from Drambo AUv3 to Logic time-line but not from Logic time-line to Drambo AUv3 or Files.app slide-over).

I don't mind the cleaner look of some of the synths and actually prefer ES2 and Sculpture in Logic for iPad compared to the eye-sore mess in desktop Logic. I know what parameters I look for so finding a text-label instead of an arbitrary graphics icon is for me a relief.

I urge people to really try to find a way first before asking questions, learning by doing best for of learning...
    ...it does feel that some here just ask instead even trying to make an effort to learn on their own...

I'm quite positive that I've dug thru most of the app by now and will focus more on the loop launcher thing in the coming days.

That is unless Apple has hidden an easter-egg that unlocks 'God Mode' or 'Power User Mode' or something like that...

Cheers!

Some absolute gold in this post alone.

Never leave and never change @Samu 😉

• @Samu said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Samu said:

@yonhorizon said:

Cheers!

Yeah, it should be so easy so we could just point & drag midi/audio-sections right in the Files app (or Sample Crate)…
    But, as always, Apple is giving us almost everything, but leave out a few things to longing after… Hmmm…

• @CapnWillie said:
    For me, the only question that remains as it relates to Logic is if I should upgrade to a larger more powerful iPad Pro (mine is 11” M1 512) or wait a few months to see if they take a leap to a new even bigger and badder model top of the year. I’d expect more credible buzz or leaks about it if it were imminent.

Yours is quite powerful and good storage so I think you can wait. Even my IPad Air4 still free 200 GB I can wait.

My plan is to buy a new iPad only in 1 year or 2 years to be sure to have an Ipad really fit for LP.

I don’t see really new Ipad coming in some months , no credible sign about new models, and I would dream of 2 USB port to be a real mobile studio. Dongles and hubs are not a solution.

• Did anyone find how to crossfade audio regions? Is it possible at all? I can’t find it in the manual.

• @GLacey said:
    Did anyone find how to crossfade audio regions? Is it possible at all? I can’t find it in the manual.

In the Track Inspektor you have Fade In/Out - if you press there it’s written Fade, a menu will show up and there is crossfading…

• @CapnWillie said:
    For me, the only question that remains as it relates to Logic is if I should upgrade to a larger more powerful iPad Pro (mine is 11” M1 512) or wait a few months to see if they take a leap to a new even bigger and badder model top of the year. I’d expect more credible buzz or leaks about it if it were imminent.

I'd wait until after WWDC. They don't always introduce hardware since it's a developer-centric event, but they have in the past made some big announcements.

If anything is announced, it might have more to do with their alleged augmented reality glasses (aka "Apple Reality").

• @CapnWillie said:

Kind of wondering the same since an instance of Buttersynth in Logic is about 1/2 my CPU. Anyone know how much more power you get going from a 12z bionic (iPad pro 2020) to an M2?

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@GLacey said:
    Did anyone find how to crossfade audio regions? Is it possible at all? I can’t find it in the manual.

In the Track Inspektor you have Fade In/Out - if you press there it’s written Fade, a menu will show up and there is crossfading…

Thanks for the hint! It still took at least 20 mins to find out how it works, but finally got it. :)
    So the procedure is:
    1) select the first audio region (the one comes sooner on the timeline)
    2) inspector -> fade out -> Type: select eQp (Equal power crossfade)
    3) inspector -> fade out -> Time: set the desired crossfade time in milliseconds
    4) drag the second audio region into the first one: dang! They crossfade each other

• R_2R_2
    edited May 2023

@CapnWillie said:

Isn’t M1 512GB (more than) enough at the moment?

My current Pro 9.7 is obviously not compatible so going to get a 12.9.
    Still undecided about Apple refurb M1 or new M2… For size I was thinking 256GB should be okay for Logic, as I don’t do video or heavy stuff.

• @SuperNiCd said:

@CapnWillie said:

Kind of wondering the same since an instance of Buttersynth in Logic is about 1/2 my CPU. Anyone know how much more power you get going from a 12z bionic (iPad pro 2020) to an M2?

Google 'ipad benchmark comparisons'. Since logic uses multicore you can pay particular attention to the numbers for that when comparing 👍