Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Questions about how to do X in Logic, whether Logic has Y etc etc

Comments

• @Antos3345 said:
    Is there any way to record MIDI into Logic when using a midi sequencer plugin ? I am trying Cykle and it plays and works , but I can’t record any of the notes into the timeline. It’s acting like in BM3. Maybe I’m doing something wrong ?

That has been answered here actually:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1209309/#Comment_1209309

• Is there any reason to purchase Vocal Tune Studio if I am using Logic Pro?

• @blinkingnintendo said:
    Is there any reason to purchase Vocal Tune Studio if I am using Logic Pro?

Flex pitch isn't included yet, so maybe.

• No Logic remote support?

• @richardyot said:

@blinkingnintendo said:
    Is there any reason to purchase Vocal Tune Studio if I am using Logic Pro?

Flex pitch isn't included yet, so maybe.

That’s good to know, thanks @richardyot

• New videos tutorials selected today , I try to select only best tutorials LP IPad coming each day :smile:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/55721/a-thread-to-put-all-tutorials-texts-and-videos-links-about-logic-ios#latest

• @Gavinski said:

@Antos3345 said:
    Is there any way to record MIDI into Logic when using a midi sequencer plugin ? I am trying Cykle and it plays and works , but I can’t record any of the notes into the timeline. It’s acting like in BM3. Maybe I’m doing something wrong ?

That has been answered here actually:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1209309/#Comment_1209309

• I am having problems getting consistent behaviour regarding mpe in Logic Pro (please let’s not call it LP - I think it is a mark of respect, as well as an aid in eliminating confusion, to reserve that acronym for Loopy Pro):

The attached zip files show what’s wrong. The video shows that pitch bend is sometimes working, sometimes not. The screenshot shows that I have poly pitchbend enabled. The app I am playing is Roli Noise, so it is mpe enabled.

In a separate question I am a bit confused by this, from the Logic manual:

“ Change a Logic Pro instrument for use with an MPE-capable controller
    Click the right side of the Instrument slot in the channel strip, then choose an instrument plug-in that supports MIDI Mono mode from the pop-up menu.
    To view the extended parameters, click the disclosure arrow at the bottom left of the plug-in window.”

Can someone screenshot me where the ‘right side of the instrument slot’ refers to?
    Also can someone screenshot me where the ‘extended parameters’ are in Sculpture? I can’t see them. I have seen these parameters in some instruments but I can’t see them in Sculpture, despite scrolling down to the bottom of the interface.

Also a reminder to people - it would be great if people always posted questions in this thread rather than in other random logic threads - that way this thread can remain a useful learning resource with none of the other distractions about discussions of subscriptions, what people like or don’t like, etc

• edited May 2023

Oops forgot the zip file mentioned in the post above. Here is it:

• Any recommendations for compact Bluetooth (QWERTY) keyboards for using Logic for iPad shortcuts? Not a case, just a portable unattached keyboard about the width of a 12.9” iPad Pro that I can toss in my go bag.

• @BerlinFx said:
    New videos tutorials selected today , I try to select only best tutorials LP IPad coming each day :smile:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/55721/a-thread-to-put-all-tutorials-texts-and-videos-links-about-logic-ios#latest

They are great

• @cyberheater said:

@BerlinFx said:
    New videos tutorials selected today , I try to select only best tutorials LP IPad coming each day :smile:

They are great

Thanks I try to share only videos useful for Audio Bus community to learn useful tricks on how to use LP IPad.

• OK... This seems like a pretty fucking major bug. I tried what someone suggested here earlier - adding the blueveek 'midi route' app to the end of a midi chain to see if it would help me route audio out of Logic to aum.

This froze logic completely.

Now when I try to open logic I get only 2 choices appearing. Either open the saved version of this or the autosaved version. Both cause logic to crash so I'm stuck in a total nightmare loop. Is there any way around this apart from a complete reinstall?

• @Gavinski said:
    OK... This seems like a pretty fucking major bug. I tried what someone suggested here earlier - adding the blueveek 'midi route' app to the end of a midi chain to see if it would help me route audio out of Logic to aum.

Now when I try to open logic I get only 2 choices appearing. Either open the saved version of this or the autosaved version. Both cause logic to crash so I'm stuck in a total nightmare loop. Is there any way around this apart from a complete reinstall?

OK, a hard reset finally allowed Logic to open on the main page it should normally open on where you can select any saved session 😰

• @Gavinski said:
    OK... This seems like a pretty fucking major bug. I tried what someone suggested here earlier - adding the blueveek 'midi route' app to the end of a midi chain to see if it would help me route audio out of Logic to aum.

You always have the option to 'reset settings' (Settings > Logic), you will not loose any files.

• @zilld2017 said:
    Any recommendations for compact Bluetooth (QWERTY) keyboards for using Logic for iPad shortcuts? Not a case, just a portable unattached keyboard about the width of a 12.9” iPad Pro that I can toss in my go bag.

I’ve been using a [Logitech K380] (https://www.logitech.com/de-de/products/keyboards/k380-multi-device.html) for a few years now. It‘s nothing special, but a decent quality for the price. It‘s also quite sturdy. I haven’t tried it with Logic though.

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

You always have the option to 'reset settings' (Settings > Logic), you will not loose any files.

Thnx!

• On an iPad Air 4….
    How much space will I need?
    How many tracks before it chokes?
    How frustrating will overall performance be?
    Is it worth getting?

If these questions are addressed elsewhere, my apologies and please point me to it. Thanks!

• What about LFOs? In Ableton I just pull an LFO into the FX strip and assign it to any knob. Can I do this in Logic?

• @mistercharlie said:
    What about LFOs? In Ableton I just pull an LFO into the FX strip and assign it to any knob. Can I do this in Logic?

Answering my own question: you use the Modulator MIDI effect, and you can assign its LFO to any parameter, either by choosing from a list, or by “learning” it, like you do in Drambo. 👍

• @boomer said:
    On an iPad Air 4….
    Is it worth getting?

If these questions are addressed elsewhere, my apologies and please point me to it. Thanks!

I just re-installed Logic, fresh, and chose not to download any content. The total space the app occupies is 742.2MB. How much larger your install becomes will depend on how many content packs you decide to download.

It's impossible to tell how many tracks you'll be able to have running, as your load will be different dependent on the AUv3s you load.

It's also impossible for me to gauge how frustrating a stranger will get, regarding performance issues...if/when they arise
    And whether it's worth getting is something only you can decide.

Try the 30-day free demo

• Dunno if it’s useful for anyone, but I’ve just piped midi from Loopy Pro on iPhone into Logic on iPad.

Turn on ‘enable network midi’ in settings on both apps. In Loopy, add a target for a midi source, and you should see ‘iPad’ as a destination. Once this is setup you’re basically good to go.

I’ve got loads of ideas in Loopy on my phone that I want to take over to Logic to turn into finished songs. I’ve been able to recreate the individual auv3 tracks in Logic pretty easily by airdropping presets etc.
    The midi in Loopy is coming from Drambo hosted as an auv3, so I just set this playing and hit record in Logic, and it just works.

Hope this is helpful in some way.

• @CapnWillie said:

@gregsmith said:
    Dunno if it’s useful for anyone, but I’ve just piped midi from Loopy Pro on iPhone into Logic on iPad.

Turn on ‘enable network midi’ in settings on both apps. In Loopy, add a target for a midi source, and you should see ‘iPad’ as a destination. Once this is setup you’re basically good to go.

I’ve got loads of ideas in Loopy on my phone that I want to take over to Logic to turn into finished songs. I’ve been able to recreate the individual auv3 tracks in Logic pretty easily by airdropping presets etc.
    The midi in Loopy is coming from Drambo hosted as an auv3, so I just set this playing and hit record in Logic, and it just works.

Hope this is helpful in some way.

Yessir!. I was inspired by your early Loopy Pro videos and decided to begin using it to make multi-instruments and control surfaces on my iPhone. For me, Loopy Pro UI is fun and engaging like a video game but one capable of serious pro results. Now I’m inspired again with a few new LP2LP workflows 🙏🏽

Loopy Pro is the perfect creative playground for me (sorry AUM) and I was planning to use it to finish tracks.

However, Logic is just irresistible with the Apple Pencil automation and all the pro features.

I’m delighted there’s a place for both in our lives 😂

• Apple should implement an IA chat in logic, It should be easy, feed the IA with the +100 pages manual and let the Magic happen.

• @pbrian said:
    Apple should implement an IA chat in logic, It should be easy, feed the IA with the +100 pages manual and let the Magic happen.

That would potentially be great, yeah!

• @boomer said:
    On an iPad Air 4….
    Is it worth getting?

I think it was slightly less for me than @el_bo about 660 on my Air 4.

Crashed like a maniac for the first day and a bit before settling down.

Now I’ve started getting a bit more adventurous, I’m noticing performance issues - so for example Noises through the stutter fx, plus a couple of internal instruments, and it all started slowing down.

Worth noting too, that updating my Air 4 from v15 to v16 iOS has also reduced overall performance.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2023

I can’t find the BramBos “Rozeta Suite” AUv3 app in Logic. Are they lost to me or am I missing someway of using them to feed
    MIDI into a MIDI track. They are NOT showing as a MIDI FX app. I recall @brambos stating that he created them before MIDI FX existed and he did NOT want to break projects for users by declaring them to be MIDI FX so they appear as Instruments in AUM but I think @j_liljedahl saw the problem for users and made it work as a special case.

Any help using these wonderful MIDI generators?

The question seems to have surfaced regarding GarageBand uses without a solution offered.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37694/garageband-and-rozeta

I’d buy a “Rozeta 2” app with MIDI FX behavior that resolves this question while protecting users of “Rozeta Suite”.

• edited May 2023

@McD said:
    I can’t find the BramBos “Rozeta Suite” AUv3 app in Logic. Are they lost to me or am I missing someway of using them to feed
    MIDI into a MIDI track. They are NOT showing as a MIDI FX app. I recall @brambos stating that he created them before MIDI FX existed and he did NOT want to break projects for users by declaring them to be MIDI FX so they appear as Instruments in AUM but I think @j_liljedahl saw the problem for users and made it work as a special case.

Any help using these wonderful MIDI generators?

The question seems to have surfaced regarding GarageBand uses without a solution offered.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37694/garageband-and-rozeta

I’d buy a “Rozeta 2” app with MIDI FX behavior that resolves this question while protecting users of “Rozeta Suite”.

The other day an update was released to fix this problem.

• @SteveElbows said:
    The oother day an update was released to fix this problem.

Thanks for the quick response and thank you @Brambos:

• @MadGav said:
    Can LP import MIDI files?

Yep, directly from the ‘Files App’.. Slide over, Drag and Drop..
    Hope it is incorporated into the browser in the future..