Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Questions about how to do X in Logic, whether Logic has Y etc etc

Apologies for another Logic thread, but I thought it would be useful to have a thread strictly sticking to questions like:

Can Logic do X?
How do I do Y in Logic?
Etc etc

My first question:

Are there no options to create custom scales?

«13456719

Comments

  • I guess by using the “Transposer MIDI plug-in”?
    page 514 of PDF manual:
    Scale Type pop-up menu: Choose one of several preset scales or create your own custom scale (User) with the onscreen Keyboard.

  • Here’s one - is there a standard “grand piano” instrument, that’s able to be used without using Sampler or Quick Sampler.

    Much like the E.Piano or Alchemy or whatever, just.. a piano instrument?

  • edited May 2023

    @greatestlengths said:
    Here’s one - is there a standard “grand piano” instrument, that’s able to be used without using Sampler or Quick Sampler.

    Much like the E.Piano or Alchemy or whatever, just.. a piano instrument?

    No. All of Logic's 'standard' acoustic pianos are sampler instruments.

  • @greatestlengths said:
    Here’s one - is there a standard “grand piano” instrument, that’s able to be used without using Sampler or Quick Sampler.

    Much like the E.Piano or Alchemy or whatever, just.. a piano instrument?

    Every Piano in Logic is a Sampler piano.

  • @R_2 said:
    I guess by using the “Transposer MIDI plug-in”?
    page 514 of PDF manual:
    Scale Type pop-up menu: Choose one of several preset scales or create your own custom scale (User) with the onscreen Keyboard.

    Nice one! Still working through the in-app tutorials, haven’t touched the manual, great to know!

  • Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

  • @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    I've got all the packs, and neither of those three show up in search.

  • @richardyot said:

    @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    I've got all the packs, and neither of those three show up in search.

    Thanks! Really appreciate it.

    i can feel a rant coming on 🫣👹

  • @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    There are a few OK Decent Sampler free singing bowl packs. Search for ‘’aletheia process singing bowl decent sampler’ and ‘ singing bowl renaissance decent sampler’

    There is also a (paid) pack for XinematiX called ‘Singing bow and extras’ - yep, they misspelt ‘bowl’

  • Question: is it support fx chains saving for later recall?

  • Has it got Atmos?

  • @u0421793 said:
    Has it got Atmos?

    No

  • I cannot find if you can do Templates on Logixc IPad ?

  • @richardyot said:

    @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    I've got all the packs, and neither of those three show up in search.

    Perhaps we can move things from Logic Mac to Logic iPad…
    There are still 65 GB content not presented on the iPad version compare to Mac…

  • @lazyass said:
    Question: is it support fx chains saving for later recall?

    Yes...but they refer to these strips as patches (Page 61):

    https://help.apple.com/pdf/logicproipad/en_US/logic-pro-ipad-user-guide.pdf

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @richardyot said:

    @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    I've got all the packs, and neither of those three show up in search.

    Perhaps we can move things from Logic Mac to Logic iPad…
    There are still 65 GB content not presented on the iPad version compare to Mac…

    But which content is not included in LPipad that is in the 65 GB ?

    I noticed that in the horn pack download on IPad you got few modeled instruments.

  • @Gavinski said:

    @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    There are a few OK Decent Sampler free singing bowl packs. Search for ‘’aletheia process singing bowl decent sampler’ and ‘ singing bowl renaissance decent sampler’

    There is also a (paid) pack for XinematiX called ‘Singing bow and extras’ - yep, they misspelt ‘bowl’

    Thanks! I actually bought some bowl sample-packs a while ago, but have yet to make them into playable instruments. Will definitely check out DS and will still have to think about using Virsyn's AutoLayer (I like the orchestral patches). I had previously thought to use the Logic compatibility as well as some choice re-sampling, to bring Logic's instruments to the iPad. Once Logic was announced, I thought "Cool! I won't need to do all that work, anymore. But alas...

    My other frustration (at least, in part) was that I really wanted to lean into the idea of some Logic-only projects. But with so much missing, it's left me pretty disappointed. but more than that, those sounds were really great fodder for track-stacks and sound-design that could be legally shared among other Logic-users.

    Cheers!

  • @el_bo said:

    @greatestlengths said:
    Here’s one - is there a standard “grand piano” instrument, that’s able to be used without using Sampler or Quick Sampler.

    Much like the E.Piano or Alchemy or whatever, just.. a piano instrument?

    No. All of Logic's 'standard' acoustic pianos are sampler instruments.

    @OnfraySin said:

    @greatestlengths said:
    Here’s one - is there a standard “grand piano” instrument, that’s able to be used without using Sampler or Quick Sampler.

    Much like the E.Piano or Alchemy or whatever, just.. a piano instrument?

    Every Piano in Logic is a Sampler piano.

    Cheers for the clarification on this - I know I’m doing things the right way now.
    Feels pretty unintuitive not having piano as an instrument you can choose when making a MIDI track but at least now I know this.

    I haven’t read anyone else wondering where the heck the piano is either so I guess I’m in the minority in thinking something as stock standard/bread and butter as a grand piano should be the most obvious and easiest instrument to load up but, this is how they’re doing things.

    It feels almost hidden, the way you have to load it up in Sampler or Quick Sampler, and there’s no editing of parameters in Sampler on iPad LP. Very weird imo.

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @richardyot said:

    @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    I've got all the packs, and neither of those three show up in search.

    Perhaps we can move things from Logic Mac to Logic iPad…
    There are still 65 GB content not presented on the iPad version compare to Mac…

    Could be worth trying. Might work for personal use, but would cause issue when sharing patches with LPiOS users that don't also have a license for the desktop version.

  • @greatestlengths said:

    @el_bo said:

    @greatestlengths said:
    Here’s one - is there a standard “grand piano” instrument, that’s able to be used without using Sampler or Quick Sampler.

    Much like the E.Piano or Alchemy or whatever, just.. a piano instrument?

    No. All of Logic's 'standard' acoustic pianos are sampler instruments.

    @OnfraySin said:

    @greatestlengths said:
    Here’s one - is there a standard “grand piano” instrument, that’s able to be used without using Sampler or Quick Sampler.

    Much like the E.Piano or Alchemy or whatever, just.. a piano instrument?

    Every Piano in Logic is a Sampler piano.

    Cheers for the clarification on this - I know I’m doing things the right way now.
    Feels pretty unintuitive not having piano as an instrument you can choose when making a MIDI track but at least now I know this.

    I haven’t read anyone else wondering where the heck the piano is either so I guess I’m in the minority in thinking something as stock standard/bread and butter as a grand piano should be the most obvious and easiest instrument to load up but, this is how they’re doing things.

    It feels almost hidden, the way you have to load it up in Sampler or Quick Sampler, and there’s no editing of parameters in Sampler on iPad LP. Very weird imo.

    I agree the piano is the most obvious choice. But as far back as I can remember, the default instrument was the EP88 electric piano. Perhaps the reasoning was that the pianos weren't good enough to take that prime spot.

  • @BerlinFx said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @richardyot said:

    @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    I've got all the packs, and neither of those three show up in search.

    Perhaps we can move things from Logic Mac to Logic iPad…
    There are still 65 GB content not presented on the iPad version compare to Mac…

    But which content is not included in LPipad that is in the 65 GB ?

    I noticed that in the horn pack download on IPad you got few modeled instruments.

    Apart from 14GB's worth of Alchemy samples and presets (This includes some fantastic sounds, especially vocals/choirs)

    Here're the sampler instruments

    And here's how the expansion packs are separated. There's about 30GB of content I wish i'd had the choice to install:

  • Has anyone tried using external midi transport / daw controls?

    I can't get my keylab's start/stop/loop etc. buttons to work. Tried all the options (MCU, HUI, Logic etc.)

    There doesn't seem to be any setting for this in logic.

  • @R_2 said:
    I guess by using the “Transposer MIDI plug-in”?
    page 514 of PDF manual:
    Scale Type pop-up menu: Choose one of several preset scales or create your own custom scale (User) with the onscreen Keyboard.

    Does this transpose the notes to the white keys? In Other words, is there a way to play any Scale like its C Major on my Keyboard? :smiley:

  • @el_bo said:

    @BerlinFx said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @richardyot said:

    @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    I've got all the packs, and neither of those three show up in search.

    Perhaps we can move things from Logic Mac to Logic iPad…
    There are still 65 GB content not presented on the iPad version compare to Mac…

    But which content is not included in LPipad that is in the 65 GB ?

    I noticed that in the horn pack download on IPad you got few modeled instruments.

    Apart from 14GB's worth of Alchemy samples and presets (This includes some fantastic sounds, especially vocals/choirs)

    Here're the sampler instruments

    And here's how the expansion packs are separated. There's about 30GB of content I wish i'd had the choice to install:

    Thanks fine . Don’t know if we can transfert easily these samples and sounds in pro iOS of if they plan to doit realising new sound packs ?

  • @BerlinFx said:

    @el_bo said:

    @BerlinFx said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @richardyot said:

    @el_bo said:
    Question: Has Logic squirrelled away some timeless classic sampled sounds within various packs?

    Perhaps someone who has installed all downloadable content would do me a solid and search for "Santoor", "Tibetan Singing Bowls" and "Fretless Electric Bass".

    Cheers!

    I've got all the packs, and neither of those three show up in search.

    Perhaps we can move things from Logic Mac to Logic iPad…
    There are still 65 GB content not presented on the iPad version compare to Mac…

    But which content is not included in LPipad that is in the 65 GB ?

    I noticed that in the horn pack download on IPad you got few modeled instruments.

    Apart from 14GB's worth of Alchemy samples and presets (This includes some fantastic sounds, especially vocals/choirs)

    Here're the sampler instruments

    And here's how the expansion packs are separated. There's about 30GB of content I wish i'd had the choice to install:

    Thanks fine . Don’t know if we can transfert easily these samples and sounds in pro iOS of if they plan to doit realising new sound packs ?

    Yeah...probably not possible given an instrument is made up of samples and a preset that points to them.

    And I really doubt this stuff is coming in the future; at least, not without some user-uprising (which is also incredibly unlikely ;)
    ).

    I think that Apple want to keep the extra content genre and artist focussed, released in stylised packs, to fit in with what their (I'm guessing) largest target demographic is used to.

  • @el_bo said:

    @lazyass said:
    Question: is it support fx chains saving for later recall?

    Yes...but they refer to these strips as patches (Page 61):

    https://help.apple.com/pdf/logicproipad/en_US/logic-pro-ipad-user-guide.pdf

    Cheers for the clarification, man

  • @lazyass said:

    @el_bo said:

    @lazyass said:
    Question: is it support fx chains saving for later recall?

    Yes...but they refer to these strips as patches (Page 61):

    https://help.apple.com/pdf/logicproipad/en_US/logic-pro-ipad-user-guide.pdf

    Cheers for the clarification, man

    👍🏼

  • @timforsyth said:
    Has anyone tried using external midi transport / daw controls?

    I can't get my keylab's start/stop/loop etc. buttons to work. Tried all the options (MCU, HUI, Logic etc.)

    There doesn't seem to be any setting for this in logic.

    There doesn’t appear to be any midi-mapping or control surface support that I can find. Reaching up to the top of the screen to play/pause is already annoying me, and hooking up a QWERTY keyboard just to use the space bar is a bit silly.

    I did manage to get an OP-1 to start/stop Logic with it’s play button though. I used AudioBus as a bridge for Ableton Link! I thought this kind of iPad workaround would be finished with after Logic arrived.

  • 3rd party Midi FX AUv3 recording with midi FX that need the sequencer running can you record the midi coming from them in Logic for iPad ? Like the record to track function in Cubasis 3?

    I did try to record in from Piano Motifs but got a feeling you can record in across the board with that one may be wrong. What are people’s experience trying this?

  • Tried my Bluetooth WIDI MASTER and WIDI JACK from key step 37 and Launchpad Pro Mk 3 all work fine in Logic for iPad. My Behringer UMC 1820 Audio in showing all 8 inputs or stereo pairs. KINGSTON Nucleum working fine with HDMI external screen support. Tried opening files made on iPad on my MacBook Pro 2013 in Logic all works flawlessly. Seeing my iPad is more powerful than my iPad probably won’t both using that anymore for Logic with external screen support working 👍

Sign In or Register to comment.