Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A word about automation...and a question too...(Question solved by the brilliant El_Bo)

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

In short, it's fantastic. I was playing around in Logic Pro some more. I already knew about the track automation, but then I noticed the automation button when editing a MIDI clip. I found out that Logic Pro also has the ability to automate parameters within a MIDI clip. 🤯 This may not be news to those who already use Logic Pro X on Mac, but for me this is a "game changier". 🤣

What I'm still trying to figure is how to open track automation for the stereo out/master channel. I'm sure there is a way to do this, but sifting through the PDF manual I downloaded earlier is proving rather cumbersome. So, is there a way to automate those master effects that I'm not seeing?

Comments

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    In short, it's fantastic. I was playing around in Logic Pro some more. I already knew about the track automation, but then I noticed the automation button when editing a MIDI clip. I found out that Logic Pro also has the ability to automate parameters within a MIDI clip. 🤯 This may not be news to those who already use Logic Pro X on Mac, but for me this is a "game changier". 🤣

What I'm still trying to figure is how to open track automation for the stereo out/master channel. I'm sure there is a way to do this, but sifting through the PDF manual I downloaded earlier is proving rather cumbersome. So, is there a way to automate those master effects that I'm not seeing?

Not yet installed, so can’t check. However, on the desktop version, the way to go about automating the master channel (Also, any aux channel that's been created in the mixer), is to first create an arranger track from the desired channel. Essentially, you'd end up with extra arranger tracks to automate as desired (Also is the only way on desktop to arrange these elements within the mixer).

So perhaps try long-pressing on the master-channel or an aux and see if there’s a menu with that option.

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Not yet installed, so can’t check. However, on the desktop version, the way to go about automating the master channel (Also, any aux channel that's been created in the mixer), is to first create an arranger track from the desired channel. Essentially, you'd end up with extra arranger tracks to automate as desired (Also is the only way on desktop to arrange these elements within the mixer).

So perhaps try long-pressing on the master-channel or an aux and see if there’s a menu with that option.

That actually worked!!! In the mixer, I long-pressed the name and selected "Show Output Track", and now it appears in the timeline! 😀 Thank you so much.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

That actually worked!!! In the mixer, I long-pressed the name and selected "Show Output Track", and now it appears in the timeline! 😀 Thank you so much.

Haha! Shit! Thought it was a bit of a long-shot, but glad it worked :)

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Well you are rather brilliant mate. 🙂 I definitely think I have the hang of Logic Pro now thankfully.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Well you are rather brilliant mate. 🙂 I definitely think I have the hang of Logic Pro now thankfully.

Thanks! But for someone who’s been a Logic user since about 2005, I should probably know way more than I do. This just happens to be one of the handful of things I DO know.

Good you’re getting the hang of it. Before installing I've been reading the manual, and it’s becoming clearer that once I get over my initial disappointment I'm going to find it a very deep and useful/usable tool. Just need to focus on what’s there over what isn’t.

Have fun!

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Thanks! But for someone who’s been a Logic user since about 2005, I should probably know way more than I do. This just happens to be one of the handful of things I DO know.

Good you’re getting the hang of it. Before installing I've been reading the manual, and it’s becoming clearer that once I get over my initial disappointment I'm going to find it a very deep and useful/usable tool. Just need to focus on what’s there over what isn’t.

Have fun!

Thanks mate you too. :) I wish Logic Pro iPad had Flex Pitch, but I just remembered we have Vocal Tune Studio! I don't even need CB3 and Waves Tune RT.

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Have fun!

I’m very impressed with the demo videos I’ve been seeing on YouTube so far and I’ve read a bit of the manual. It’s a big step up in function from the majority of DAWs on iPadOS.

• @NeuM said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Have fun!

I’m very impressed with the demo videos I’ve been seeing on YouTube so far and I’ve read a bit of the manual. It’s a big step up in function from the majority of DAWs on iPadOS.

Yes indeed it is. It's pretty much the most fully featured DAW on iOS. Just needs Flex Pitch, but for now there's Vocal Tune Studio.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Have fun!

Thanks mate you too. :) I wish Logic Pro iPad had Flex Pitch, but I just remembered we have Vocal Tune Studio! I don't even need CB3 and Waves Tune RT.

Yeah…a shame. Although such an obvious omission has me tending to agree with those who've posited that certain of these missing items will eventually be added with updates. At least, there’s the standard Logic pitch correction plugin. Not sure that helps you, though.

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Have fun!

Yeah…a shame. Although such an obvious omission has me tending to agree with those who've posited that certain of these missing items will eventually be added with updates. At least, there’s the standard Logic pitch correction plugin. Not sure that helps you, though.

I wonder, is it possible to feed MIDI into said pitch correction? :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Have fun!

Never used it, so can’t say. But when it comes to learning the functionality of the seeming 1:1 translated Logic plugins, it might be best to seek Youtube tutorials for the desktop versions.

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Have fun!

Never used it, so can’t say. But when it comes to learning the functionality of the seeming 1:1 translated Logic plugins, it might be best to seek Youtube tutorials for the desktop versions.

Excellent tip mate. Thank you so much for being helpful. :)

• @el_bo said:
    👍

😎

• P.S perhaps update the thread with your findings

• @el_bo said:
    P.S perhaps update the thread with your findings

Right! (Don't know how I missed your reply mate, LOL!)