Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr Alchemy?

Haven’t seen too much discussion yet today about the impressive amount of Samplr functionality baked into this new instrument! Samplr is one of my all time hall of fame OG apps so it’s basically the first thing I checked out in Logic Pro.

I’ve only had time for a quick spin but threw a minute long sample in, hit record on the timeline, jammed for a bit and wow everything was just recorded as midi and automation data. Bounced in place to audio and I think this may have convinced me to subscribe….

Is this the closest we’re gonna get to having an auv3 version of Samplr?

Comments

• Interesting. That would also the 1st reason to re-consider Logic for me... o:)

• Yeah, it looks great. Another cool thing is you can assign a stereo audio track as a bus and route any tracks to it for recording performance of apps that don't record automation.

• @hightunnels said:
    Samplr is one of my all time hall of fame OG apps

What's an OG app?

• I guess the export and potential automation is nice, but from an interface point of view I definitely prefer the app.

• @Simon said:

@hightunnels said:

What's an OG app?

This should help explain it.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

Stands for Oligosaccharide Glyconeogenesis plugins, I believe.

• Exactly

• @AudioGus said:
    This should help explain it.

Oh, it's some American thing...

• edited May 2023

In Oz we have Ned OG...

• @Simon said:

@hightunnels said:

What's an OG app?

"Original Gangsta" (or simply put, "the original").

• @Simon said:
    In Oz we have Ned OG...

>

Awwww yeahhh, saw a movie based on that I recall liking.

• @geremy said:
    I guess the export and potential automation is nice, but from an interface point of view I definitely prefer the app.

Absolutely agree - Samplr won’t ever be leaving my iPad as long as it still runs. Nice to have some of the functionality built into logic tho

Man if samplr ever got multi outputs for the six sample slots the game would be over lol

That new beat cutter app is cool too - I think those two are what’s gonna win the subscription for me

• Orange Goat?