Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multi out auv3 in Logic Pro?

I can find instructions for desktop here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro/lgcp4ff5d47e/mac

But can’t do this is the iPad version. Am I missing something?

Comments

• I didn’t succeed to find it too! Maybe it’s not supported.
    Does anyone knows?

• @Jeezs said:
    I didn’t succeed to find it too! Maybe it’s not supported.
    Does anyone knows?

Huge oversight if it isn’t supported. It’s something I really rely on for drum processing etc. and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Presumably they’ll add it at some point but who knows!

• @gregsmith said:

@Jeezs said:
    Does anyone knows?

Huge oversight if it isn’t supported. It’s something I really rely on for drum processing etc. and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Have you tried exploring Drum Designer?

• @NeuM said:

@gregsmith said:

@Jeezs said:
    Does anyone knows?

Have you tried exploring Drum Designer?

Yeah. The fact you can mix and process drums as separate sub tracks will definitely do for now.

Just a weird one for Apple to leave out, but hopefully they’ll add it in soon.

• @gregsmith If you create a multi-out setup on the desktop, does it still work on iOS when you copy it across?

• @mistercharlie said:
    @gregsmith If you create a multi-out setup on the desktop, does it still work on iOS when you copy it across?

I have the trial on MacBook Pro but don’t have any vsts or anything. Haven’t used desktop for music for decades.

Do you do this on Logic Pro desktop at all?

• @gregsmith said:

@mistercharlie said:
    @gregsmith If you create a multi-out setup on the desktop, does it still work on iOS when you copy it across?

I have the trial on MacBook Pro but don’t have any vsts or anything. Haven’t used desktop for music for decades.

Do you do this on Logic Pro desktop at all?

I haven't used Logic for a few years, since I switched to Ableton, but I shall try it. I use the Overbridge AU, which is multi-out. Let me try it.

• edited May 2023

I can’t get multi-ins AUv3 working either, unless there’s something I don’t understand eg. RoughRider 3 has a sidechain input.

Update - found it. It’d be nice to have more inputs than just another pair.

• @VinylDinosaur said:
    I can’t get multi-ins AUv3 working either, unless there’s something I don’t understand eg. RoughRider 3 has a sidechain input.

Update - found it. It’d be nice to have more inputs than just another pair.

Ah yes I can see it too. I guess that potentially bodes well for them adding multi-out.

Ironically multi-out is the one feature I’ve been missing in loopy pro which I was looking forward to having in Logic. I really need to just use the drum machine designer thingy but I don’t like the quick sampler as much as Sitala.

There’s always something with iOS 😂

• I can’t work out how to get multi out on the drummer track, in desktop you just selected multi out on the channel and there was a plus symbol that you pressed next to the fader that separated the drummer channel into kick, snare etc so you could mix each drum individually, the drum designer on iPad has multi out but no plus symbol to separate the tracks.

• @Generic_Ed said:
    I can’t work out how to get multi out on the drummer track, in desktop you just selected multi out on the channel and there was a plus symbol that you pressed next to the fader that separated the drummer channel into kick, snare etc so you could mix each drum individually, the drum designer on iPad has multi out but no plus symbol to separate the tracks.

It’s not multi out as such. It’s a special kind of track stack where each track in the group represents a drum pad. It uses the native sampler on each track by default but it looks like you can load whatever instrument you want onto each one, so can use a drum synth for your kick or whatever.

Because each drum sound is on its own track, you can add individual fx etc. and each had its own fader channel for mixing.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro-ipad/lpipaccccb65/1.0/ipados/16.0

• @gregsmith said:

@Generic_Ed said:
    I can’t work out how to get multi out on the drummer track, in desktop you just selected multi out on the channel and there was a plus symbol that you pressed next to the fader that separated the drummer channel into kick, snare etc so you could mix each drum individually, the drum designer on iPad has multi out but no plus symbol to separate the tracks.

It’s not multi out as such. It’s a special kind of track stack where each track in the group represents a drum pad. It uses the native sampler on each track by default but it looks like you can load whatever instrument you want onto each one, so can use a drum synth for your kick or whatever.

Because each drum sound is on its own track, you can add individual fx etc. and each had its own fader channel for mixing.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro-ipad/lpipaccccb65/1.0/ipados/16.0

Excellent thanks, just the info I was after. This was the one feature I was looking forward to most.

• Anyone succeed how to use auv3 multi out with Logic Pro or is it not implemented ?
    I doesn’t succeed to make it work on the Mac version of logic anymore, very strange

• @Jeezs said:
    Anyone succeed how to use auv3 multi out with Logic Pro or is it not implemented ?
    I doesn’t succeed to make it work on the Mac version of logic anymore, very strange

Multi-Output on macOS Logic only working in instrument slot, from day one as much as I know.

Multi-output as it is in AUM / Drambo / Loopy was impossible in Logic. My wet dream was that they will implement full AUv3 multi-out feature with iOS Logic release.

• edited May 2023

@gregsmith said: Have you tried exploring Drum Designer?

Does Drum Machine Designer work well using longer loops? Specifically sample loops I’ve made myself.

• @Generic_Ed said:

It uses the native sampler on each track by default but it looks like you can load whatever instrument you want onto each one, so can use a drum synth for your kick or whatever.

The trick with 'LP macOS' is to create a "Channel Performance" that you can access more easily later. On the desktop it's not entirely intuitive how you do this, as it's worded "Save Channel Strip as", which only works if you already know what a Channel Performance is. Every DAW worth it's salt has something equivalent, but annoyingly none of them use the same nomenclature.

I don't have my iPad in front of me, so I can't confirm how this works in LP4iP, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

• edited May 2023

I’ve succeed to have multi out but only with the multi sampler. I’ve set up the sampler to multichannel on the Mac
    Then on the iPad you can create a bus. On the bus input you can find all multi out of the sampler.
    I try to replace the sampler for a multi out Auv3 but I didn’t succeed.

• @willrockwellscott said:
    @gregsmith said: Have you tried exploring Drum Designer?

Does Drum Machine Designer work well using longer loops? Specifically sample loops I’ve made myself.

I’ve created a proof of concept but only with short drum sounds. It’s probably all I need from multi out in most cases, but we’ll see.
    It’s awesome though imo.

• edited May 2023

@Jeezs said:
    Anyone succeed how to use auv3 multi out with Logic Pro or is it not implemented ?

Yes!

It worked fine with 4Pockets DigitStix2.

The steps:

1. Created a MIDI track with DigiStix2 as the instrument
    2. In DigiStix2, assigned 4 of the channels to Output Bus 1-4
    3. In Logic Pro’s mixer, created 4 Aux Sends
    4. In Logic Pro’s mixer, deleted the Stereo Out
    5. Opened the mixer and drum playing surface
    6. Played each of the 4 referenced drum pads, adjusting the volume of the sends

I only heard the given channel when the send was “up.”

• @DovJ said:

@Jeezs said:

Yes!

The steps:

On iPad?

• @DovJ said:

@Jeezs said:

Yes!

The steps:

Just try but any Logic Pro busses only output Digistix bus 1.
    Can you make a video, to show us how you proceed?
    Thanks

• @janpieter said:

@gregsmith said:
    No multi-out support for hosted auv3s it seems

After some reading here and on Steinberg’s Cubasis forum (!)… here’s how to proceed for multi-out in Logic.

1. Load the multi-out version of the AU on a track (I used FAC Drumkit), and assign the output busses (called EXT1, etc in FAC Drumkit).

2. Add as many sends as you want to use multi-outs to that track (these will now appear in the mixer as numbered aux channels, they’re not immediately visible on the track view but - just as the output track that doesn’t show by default - you can make them show up as tracks just as the output track).

note: after adding the first send use the ‘back’ icon on the plugin view header, then you will be able to add the next send (after adding the first send you will at first only see an option to add an audio effect..).

1. Go to the mixer view. The aux (send) tracks will each show a bus as their input. Click on such a bus icon. In the menu that appears there will be an option (the third) with the name of the track where you loaded your multi-out AU. Click on that and choose your desired output for that aux/send.

2. Repeat.

• note: It looks like that even if I choose the multi-out version of an AU (just successfully tested GR-16 multi-out) from the beginning, I still have to use ‘replace’ on the plugin and click on the original plugin again allowing me to choose the multi-out version (the other option is ‘stereo’).

• edited June 2023

@Jeezs said:

@DovJ said:

@Jeezs said:

Yes!

The steps:

Thanks

Needless to say, every Auv3 instrument will behave differently. In DigiStix2, choose the channel:

Then select the Output Bus:

The Auv3 Output Bus numbers (at least in the case of DigiStix2) correspond to the track’s sends in the order they appear.

I tested it. It does work.

I hope that helps. I don’t have time right now to make a video.

• edited May 2023

@DovJ said:

@Jeezs said:

@DovJ said:

@Jeezs said:

Yes!

The steps:

Thanks

Needless to say, every Auv3 instrument will behave differently. In DigiStix2, choose the channel:

Then select the Output Bus:

The Auv3 Output Bus numbers (at least in the case of DigiStix2 correspond to the track’s sends in the order they appear.

I tested it. It does work.

Thanks that’s exactly what I have done , but it doesn’t work for me. I’ve read somewhere it sometimes need to restart Logic. Ill try again.

• I hope that helps. I don’t have time right now to make a video.

Thanks that’s exactly what I have done , but it doesn’t work for me. I’ve read somewhere it sometimes need to restart Logic. Ill try again.

Never works with AuV3 although the same technics works with the logic’s stock sampler (multi sampled)

• @Jeezs said:

Never works with AuV3 although the same technics works with the logic’s stock sampler (multi sampled)

I followed the instructions for Drum Computer and it worked straight away. Couldn’t get it working for Pure Acid though. Probably just something I’m doing wrong.

• @gregsmith said:

@Jeezs said:

I followed the instructions for Drum Computer and it worked straight away. Couldn’t get it working for Pure Acid though. Probably just something I’m doing wrong.

Yes now it works after restarting Logic and most important I replace the AUV3 plugin with itself, then choose multi out version. Now it works!!
    Thanks for your help.

• The restart seems necessary for some reason - got it working for Koala Sampler.

• I didn’t need to restart or replace for Drum Computer. For some reason multi out was there straight away.