Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

3 free kits for Logic DMD and wondering if they work in Logic iOS

I released my first free pack for Logic desktop last week.. It's a set of 3 kits for Drum Machine Designer. The samples are from a classic slapstick 1949 short movie that is in the Public Domain.

I am still fairly new to both macOS and Logic Pro. Even if I read Apple's help page, I am not too sure about the process to share them with others and especially with the new iOS version.

Note that my iPad is still running iOS 15, so no Logic for me at this moment.

The kits can be downloaded from my Free Sounds page (near top of page):
https://lesproductionszvon.com/freesounds.htm

And the demo video is here:

P.S.: Glad to inaugurate this category even if I post this in creation last week. It's better to have patches here and musical pieces in Creations!

Comments

• Nice one! Will check 'em out

I wonder if you'd also be happy to duplicate your offering here, to keep an ongoing record? No obligation, of course ;)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/55657/logic-pro-preset-share#latest

• Hi el_bo,

Thank you for your interest and your suggestion. I will wait to know if, and how, they can be imported in the iPad version before duplicating the post though.

• @zvon said:
    Hi el_bo,

Thank you for your interest and your suggestion. I will wait to know if, and how, they can be imported in the iPad version before duplicating the post though.

You need to have a Logic Project that has the presets in it - share that project. Then a user on iPad can open that project and save the presets to their library. Kinda klunky but it works.

• edited May 2023

@Eclipxe Thanks.
    I will create such a project and post it here later today.

I thought that the slide over method described for samples in the manual would work with a kit file, has anyone tried it? Or long press on the kit’s name?

• @zvon said:
    @Eclipxe Thanks.
    I will create such a project and post it here later today.

I thought that the slide over method described for samples in the manual would work with a kit file, has anyone tried it? Or long press on the kit’s name?

Make sure that the project is saved as a package (Default option, I believe), and that you've made sure to include "sampler audio data". You can share as many patches as you want (Up to 1000, I believe) in a single project, then users can load that project and decide which to save to their own personal collection of patches :)

Here's a more detailed list about transferring projects:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213666

• Ok, I created the project file and I have archived it and there's a text file in it too. Download Here.

Once downloaded, it has to be unzipped to access both the project and the text files.

Please let me know if you are able to import and access the kits successfully. And if there are any problems!

• The patterns used in the video are included in the project file.
    Has anyone imported it successfully?