Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Last Questions about Logic Pro for iPad

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

I'm in Brooklyn, New York, so it's currently 2 1/2 hours until I can download Logic on my iPad. I supposed it's the same for all of you, depending on where you are.

My big question for me is how easy it will be to export audio and MIDI stems. I'm assuming Apple will make this a seamless transfer for Logic desktop users, but will it be equally easy to use for people who use other desktop DAWs? We'll find out soon.

The other thing is how many features from Logic will turn up in this version. Will we get the MIDI effects? How about all the synths and instruments that come with Logic? ESM, EFM, ES1, ES2, Sculpture, etc. Of course there will be Alchemy and Retrosynth, but how about EXS24 Sampler? They haven't mentioned anything. We only have a few hours to find out.

Will we get all the FX? How detailed will they be? This is a huge deal.

I'm assuming that everybody will download a basic Logic and then they can add more content, just as you can with Garageband.

Logic is very deep, so let's see what they can do. I'm sure that whatever it is will have updates and upgrades. So today is just the beginning.

Have a great day, everybody!

Comments

• You are asking a lot of questions that nobody has the answers for until we get our hands on Logic Pro.
    Apple have a webpage and that's about it. Nothing really detailed in it and no-one has leaked anything so far.

• The nature of the marketing material so far makes me resist setting my expectations very high in terms of built in instruments beyond what they already highlighted. But who knows how wrong I will be about that.

• I was super sure from the beginning that Logic Pro for iPad would be a “replica” of the Mac version, but, as time has passed I getting some hesitations - hope although that we will have an complete version of Logic Pro, otherwise they could have called it Garageband Pro!

• edited May 2023

@cyberheater said:
    You are asking a lot of questions that nobody has the answers for until we get our hands on Logic Pro.
    Apple have a webpage and that's about it. Nothing really detailed in it and no-one has leaked anything so far.

Let me rephrase what I meant better.

Like many of the people on the forum, I'm counting down the minutes and thinking about what is MOST important to me. And the number one thing for me is how easy it will be for me to transfer stems from iPad Logic Pro to Cubase on my desktop. So, if there is a logjam and I can't download for a while, I'll be looking here on this forum and on YouTube videos to try to get the answer. The answer will make the difference between whether I sign up for a month to start or will start with a year.

So if anybody installs Logic and is willing to share that information here, I'd appreciate it.

@SteveElbows said:
    The nature of the marketing material so far makes me resist setting my expectations very high in terms of built in instruments beyond what they already highlighted. But who knows how wrong I will be about that.

Yes. If they had any of those other synths, it's very likely they would have mentioned them.

What's the most important thing to all of you? What features would you most like to have that haven't been mentioned in the advertising?