Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App like novation circuit / push 3

Hi guys,

i have just seen the push 3 release and its price (ouch) and thought to myself that there might be an ipad alternative out there. I think it is easier to look for the functionality of a novation circuit (tracks) than a push 3 with all its bells and whistles.

I am looking for a groovebox type app which allows me to work on a grid like the novation circuit, without a ton of additional functionality around it (no drambo pls). I like ampify groovebox, but it is not quite what i am looking for.

Does someone know of an app like that?

Comments

• Probably loopy pro. With a launchpad.

but fine without.

As a host it could be a blend of midi and audio. Drambo or sequencer in loopy.

So less needing other hosts and multple devices, when performing.

Drambo isnt really an audio clip launcher but can add audio clips in a project.

• Grooverider GR-16 ?

• @dendy said:
    Grooverider GR-16 ?

Yeah, I was thinking this as well.

• I have tried grooverider as well and it is not the circuit workflow i am looking for. I am looking for a big grid (8x4 - 8x8) and if possible only few parameters on the screen.

• edited May 2023

@Bele said:
    I have tried grooverider as well and it is not the circuit workflow i am looking for. I am looking for a big grid (8x4 - 8x8) and if possible only few parameters on the screen.

No such thing on iOS as speciffic app, but i think you should be able to create such view in Loopy Pro , it’s quite configurable …

Or Koala but that is more like substitute to Roland SP404.

Or Novation Launchpad.

But all those are just sample based, for loops, so if you are searching for something with synth engine then nothing even remotely close to Circuit concept…

• I had a Novation Circuit. I couldn’t find anything similar in workflow on iOS.

Probably closest is Drambo.

• Have not tried it. Looks interesting.

• @cyberheater said:

Have not tried it. Looks interesting.

I tried it, easy but didn’t like it seems very limited to my opinion but it is. Among the easiest one to use.

• Beatmaker was amazing back in the day. These days (or later today) it will probably be Logic Pro in Live Loop view.

• I like using the Novation Circuit as a Novation Circuit :-p

It's unique and is a very cool instrument in its own right. I use it every now and then as a scratchpad, idea generator but mainly as a fun musical toy.

The hardware is key to the way it works for me.

I got one of the original models for less than £100. It also makes a useful compact MIDI controller.

• yeah i feel that an ipad won't be able to substitute the hardware feeling