Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

With Logic Pro imminent, who here regrets money spent in Cubasis and/or Auria?

I actually don’t, really, because I really believe in both projects. I do wish I had it right about now, though.

I loved Auria, but stability was always an issue.

I will continue to use Cubasis. But I am also really looking forward to logic.

Cubasis will continue to offer a straight forward experience with just enough control.

Comments

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I actually don’t, really, because I really believe in both projects. I do wish I had it right about now, though.

I loved Auria, but stability was always an issue.

I will continue to use Cubasis. But I am also really looking forward to logic.

Cubasis will continue to offer a straight forward experience with just enough control.

As I point out in an other thread, Cubasis will follow you on your iPhone. LP will not.

• No regrets here as I’ve come to realize over time that the money spent on apps has been a valuable lesson and I’ve gained a lot of knowledge which simply would have been impossible to get without spending the cash…

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

I don't regret one dime that I've spent on iOS.

I never buy any app that I'm not willing to risk being disappointed in, or casting aside, or losing at some point. Even the most expensive apps that I no longer use gave me more than enough entertainment and/or education for me to feel they were worth it. If I have any doubts that I'll regret purchasing an app, I wait.

• edited May 2023

Because of the video viewer in Auria pro I was able to finish a few projects that i couldnt have don’t otherwise on IOS.
    So no regrets.

I like Cubasis. If Logic don’t have the video viewer I may stick to Cubasis.
    We’ll see. I never used Logic but i’ll give a shot.

It the end of the day i’m a Drambo guy

• @Lorichs said:
    Because of the video viewer in Auria pro I was able to finish a few projects that i couldnt have don’t otherwise on IOS.
    So no regrets.

You mean a video viewer with SMPTE code so you can sync soundtrack to picture?

• I regret a heap of apps.

I bought like 5 the day before Logic Pro was announced as I’m new to making music on iPad and wanted to get a bunch of stuff that was relevant.

I got NanoStudio, Cubasis, unlocked ZenBeats, got Drambo.. and more..

I tried to get them refunded, as immoral as that is, and was denied all of it. I know.. nothing wrong with those apps.. but I knew, and still know, that I’ll be using Logic.

I have checked out all the apps I got.. they’re all not what I want.. LoopyPro might be cool for live stuff. But at home I’m all about recording original music and covers and I just wish I didn’t buy anything I did the day before the announcement.

I’ve been waiting for Logic Pro since the announcement and not making music on iPad with any real intent other than some messing in GarageBand and Korg Gadget 2. I don’t regret Gadget at all, love that app.

• Zero regrets…but the amount I spent on desktop is obscene. I doubt I’ll ever use those again if LP for iPad is as good as it appears to be

• @greatestlengths said:
    I regret a heap of apps.

I bought like 5 the day before Logic Pro was announced as I’m new to making music on iPad and wanted to get a bunch of stuff that was relevant.

I tried to get them refunded, as immoral as that is, and was denied all of it. I know.. nothing wrong with those apps.. but I knew, and still know, that I’ll be using Logic.

I have checked out all the apps I got.. they’re all not what I want.. LoopyPro might be cool for live stuff. But at home I’m all about recording original music and covers and I just wish I didn’t buy anything I did the day before the announcement.

I’ve been waiting for Logic Pro since the announcement and not making music on iPad with any real intent other than some messing in GarageBand and Korg Gadget 2. I don’t regret Gadget at all, love that app.

Drambo is still totally worth having. It’s not even a DAW. Just a synth/groovebox. Doesn’t negate anything with Logic Pro

• @Lorichs said:
    So no regrets.

That’s really cool.

• edited May 2023

Cubasis has brought me so much enjoyment and allowed me to do things on an iPad I thought would never be possible. There are many frustrations with it however and I hope many of those will disappear with Logic. No regrets at all, but I hope Logic is so good that Cubasis, at least in its current form, becomes redundant. Nothing against Steinberg at all, and maybe iOS music making will become so much bigger now that more resources can be ploughed into Cubasis to make it rival LP. The more higher level DAWs we have the better!

• I don’t regret buying Cubasis at all. I’ve been with it almost since it started and have made so much and had so much fun with it. Years of enjoyment is worth the price, even if I never use it again.

• I think the consensus here is that Cubasis is a pretty excellent DAW.

• @HotStrange said:

@greatestlengths said:
    I regret a heap of apps.

Drambo is still totally worth having. It’s not even a DAW. Just a synth/groovebox. Doesn’t negate anything with Logic Pro

I will probably have to watch a tutorial on Drambo because I have no idea what anything does, no idea how to actually make music with it.

• Never regret something that once made you happy

• Have every IAP into Auria Pro, including the whole series from Fabfilter, and, never regretted this purchases…

Cubasis is another history - have version 2.x but never upgraded to version 3 - nice DAW, but I have never synced to this DAW…

I’m not that guy that regretting things - life goes on, look forward…

• edited May 2023

Auria Pro. Regretted it instantly as it turned out to be an app that I just couldn’t get on with.

It had a lot of features I wanted implemented in a way I found maddening. I hated using it. And it was one of the most expensive audio apps I’d bought for iOS/iPad. The only satisfaction I ever got out of Auria Pro was when I deleted it!

I know some people love it, so I put it down to brains being wired differently :-)

• I will have with LP iOS but I carryon too with Cubasis. Auria Pro I regret the buy because it was nearly , at least for me , buggy , crash , no support. But in life never regret all is an experience. I bought also BM3 but it was me the problem not BM3 as I never find m way in BM3 nor MPC2.

Even if I am a LP guy I want to discover more on AUM and Drambo.

But from over. 1 year I am been more selective in my apps buying process. On LP I know that I will still use ar a point some specific AUv3 that exist on Desktop Logic Pro to. Like Crystaline reverb, Blackhole Eventide, FabFilters apps and Moog synth…. Yes you got a reverb on LP , Chromaverb but it is not a crazy one, just a good reverb no more.

• edited May 2023

Never used Cubasis since buying. I guess Id need midi control of something like true pan?

With Logic. It might be that I regret buying 3 ipads. The cost of an ipad pro.

But logic would need to be Drambo plus.

Or use logic to finalize. You would think so. If Drambo is just a groovebox for ideas.

I guess Id never get a timeline though. If a project is on different screens ( whilst its still midi )

But if the song is the same audio wise as it is midi wise.

Wouldnt really need a mixing host but probably do. So maybe cubasis or logic.

Whatever is best.

Maybe Drambo if my theory is correct.

An audio timeline page. That still can respond to clip launching ( just the main all tracks ) to navigate.

But also recall of all tracks midi settings.

I guess it would mean. Still being able to complie audio on an ipad but recall midi if needed.

In my case it would just be recalling whats on the hub ipad because Id be able to recall stuff on other ipads anyway ( if you could recall tracks )

I could just mix in another host because then. I get all the midi controllers free but think I got enough midi control anyway.

To tweak for creation plus mix, anyway and I guess there will be kind of mixing duties kind of made whilst still in midi creation process just to hear what it will be. Automated volumes, pans, filters etc. If thats classed as mixing and mixing isnt just sorting volumes, pans and frequencies with eq.

I dont really make music. So might be speaking like a knobend.

• Weird because I never really use automation. Most stuff has been best just using the screen.

Instead of even midi controllers and thinking that every detail needs to be edited.

• @BillS said:
    Cubasis has brought me so much enjoyment and allowed me to do things on an iPad I thought would never be possible. There are many frustrations with it however and I hope many of those will disappear with Logic. No regrets at all, but I hope Logic is so good that Cubasis, at least in its current form, becomes redundant. Nothing against Steinberg at all, and maybe iOS music making will become so much bigger now that more resources can be ploughed into Cubasis to make it rival LP. The more higher level DAWs we have the better!

Just wanted to second everything you said it sums up my view. I cannot deny regretting Auria though.

• If you mean anytime after 2019, Who doesn’t regret buying Auria pro ?

(Cubasis only improves each time and I own it so I don’t think I would abandon it. BM3 is also not recognized for its power and potential. Between the 2 of those DAW I really don’t need Logic at all. It’s just I want Logic because I have the hardware purposely bought in case it was released and now it was.

— really, out of this whole mess of good fun. And rumors , it’s only the subscription model that is making me regret this anticipation. :)

• I made a few finished tracks in Auria so don't regret buying that, though I bought a few FabFilter's for it, and that was when it started playing up and crashing, so never got my money's worth with those.

• I want to create a thread about how many more lpx threads this forum can handle. Who is in?

• @Crabman said:
    I want to create a thread about how many more lpx threads this forum can handle. Who is in?

Do it, and I’ll read that one as well until it releases :P

• @ZooBaaDoo said:

@BillS said:

Just wanted to second everything you said it sums up my view. I cannot deny regretting Auria though.

+1 on Auria - I bought it in 2020, and it is easily my most expensive mistake on iOS.

• @BillS said:

@ZooBaaDoo said:

@BillS said:

+1 on Auria - I bought it in 2020, and it is easily my most expensive mistake on iOS.

Me too bought it in 2020

• I have been using the iPad in addition to the desktop Mac to make music since 2013. I started with Auria then, upon its release the Pro update and still do so. Yes, it has limitations some infuriating compared to desktop DAWs. I tried Cubasis 3 when it was on sale last year but returned it when I realised it has no time signature change option.
    I hope the imminent Logic Pro release will at least allow the same features as Auria Pro, if not, I shall stay with what I know.

• @Sons_Cartouches said:
    I have been using the iPad in addition to the desktop Mac to make music since 2013. I started with Auria then, upon its release the Pro update and still do so. Yes, it has limitations some infuriating compared to desktop DAWs. I tried Cubasis 3 when it was on sale last year but returned it when I realised it has no time signature change option.
    I hope the imminent Logic Pro release will at least allow the same features as Auria Pro, if not, I shall stay with what I know.

Noobs question : why is it so important for you to have time signature change option ?

I never use it for house, electro or ambient, so what is your music style that need it ?

Just curious to learn .

• edited May 2023

I compose music of all genres, am conservatoire trained… why limit yourself to the same time signature throughout? I love alternating / juxtaposition of time signatures and meters. Listening to Danse Sacrale at the end of Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring or any Messiaen or most contemporary “classical” (for want of a better word) music liberated my musical thought from the tyranny of the constant beat!

• edited May 2023

@Sons_Cartouches said:
    I compose music of all genres, am conservatoire trained, but why limit yourself to the same time signature throughout?

Because I wasn’t trained as you , I don’t care about boring things you learn at conservatoire and I make the music I want with no change in time signature. I am à stupid guy that don’t want too sophisticated way to do music.

But if one day I discover it bring me more joy I will use it sometimes. What it can bring to deep electro house music, called noises by some classic musicians ?