Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hilda 1.1 - The Preset Edition is out now

Version 1.1 has just gone live:

• Completely overhauled preset manager
  • Create user banks for your presets
  • Drag and drop presets between banks
  • Improved handling of imported presets and banks (and zip-files)
  • Exposed several Sequencer parameters for external control (octave, mutation, etc.)
  • Dozens of new presets, created by YOU, the Audiobus Forum
  • Tweaked knob sensitivity behavior

I'm super excited about all the new presets. It's so much fun going through them, figuring out how they work and using them as starting points for completely new sound explorations. :)

Have fun!

Comments

• Ah nice! Looking forward to trying out the new presets.

• wooooooo!

• Fab update!!
    thanks @brambos !!!!
    the only request I would have now, if possible:

it would be really good to have on main interface/midi triggerable
    two arrows/buttons for previous and next preset. (synced to seq or not)
    it would really help in live acts...

thnx

• great, thanks!!

• Great, looking forward to checking these out and thnx for the improvements Bram!! I agree with waka x that ideally all apps should have forwards and backwards buttons for scrolling presets so hope that can be added and that any improvements made to the preset system will be rolled out to other Bram apps!

• Wonderful release

• as parameter changes are smooth with a preset change, that would be maybe a synth with the possibility to morph between two presets.
    the only thing changing suddenly is the filter typ,right?

• super impressed by the patches! Lots of variation!

• edited May 2023

Anyone else noticed that the best sounds emerging from Hilda happen when changing between presets?! (with all due respect to all preset creators)

• edited May 2023

Fantastic, what a joy to scroll through all the ABF user presets! It puts the cherry on the cake.
    Yesterday I posted a highly recommended review on the App Store.

@brambos
    note: Very happy to see base octave is exposed. One strange thing is that when I set an lfo on this or another parameter, the oscillator (WAVE) automatically gets an lfo assigned as well. It’s not a big deal, but so you know this happens in Apematrix (I don’t know if this happens in other hosts as well).

• @Slush said:
    Fantastic, what a joy to scroll through all the ABF user presets! It puts the cherry on the cake.

@brambos
    note: Very happy to see base octave is exposed. One strange thing is that when I set an lfo on this or another parameter, the oscillator (WAVE) automatically gets an lfo assigned as well. It’s not a big deal, but so you know this happens in Apematrix (I don’t know if this happens in other hosts as well).

That may be a bug. I’ll look into it. Thanks!

• The knees of the bees!

• @Slush said:

@brambos

Hmm... now trying it in ApeMatrix, but I'm not seeing that behavior and I don't see anything strange in my parameter handling. Could you please double-check and confirm in a fresh ApeMatrix session on your end?

• @brambos said:

@Slush said:

@brambos

Hmm... now trying it in ApeMatrix, but I'm not seeing that behavior and I don't see anything strange in my parameter handling. Could you please double-check and confirm in a fresh ApeMatrix session on your end?

You are right, it’s gone, must be something weird on my side. Sorry! :)

• Awesome! I’m super excited to hear everyone’s patches! First time I’ve ever submitted patches and had them released in an app so it’s cool seeing my “name” in there and even cooler seeing everyone else’s! What a great idea.

• Thanks to @brambos , First time I’ve ever submitted patches and had them released in an app.

Hilda is the only synth that make me so quickly creative. Endless sound design capabilities.

• edited May 2023

Sooo loving the update, thanks Bram!
    I just wish I wasn’t working right now, but I know I’ll have a blast later checking the ABF bank and modulating those octaves 🙏

And the new preset browser is great! Congratulations

• As always excellent and better, somehow perfect gets better.Thank you Bram

• Don’t want to hijack this thread with my noodles but I looooveee that I can put a lfo on that base octave!
    Hilda is SO good.

• @Kashi said:
    Anyone else noticed that the best sounds emerging from Hilda happen when changing between presets?! (with all due respect to all preset creators)

Same as Tera Pro! Wish all synths had this. It also makes them sound so much better in youtube demos. Other devs take note please! People love seamless preset changing!

• edited May 2023

@brambos said:

Version 1.1 has just gone live:

• Completely overhauled preset manager
    • Create user banks for your presets
    • Drag and drop presets between banks
    • Improved handling of imported presets and banks (and zip-files)
    • Exposed several Sequencer parameters for external control (octave, mutation, etc.)
    • Dozens of new presets, created by YOU, the Audiobus Forum
    • Tweaked knob sensitivity behavior

I'm super excited about all the new presets. It's so much fun going through them, figuring out how they work and using them as starting points for completely new sound explorations. :)

Have fun!

0:39 a Prodigy like sound (Breathe), really nice! Strong set of presets in general, thanks!

• @HotStrange said:
    Awesome! I’m super excited to hear everyone’s patches! First time I’ve ever submitted patches and had them released in an app so it’s cool seeing my “name” in there and even cooler seeing everyone else’s! What a great idea.

Likewise! I’ve just had a lightning fast run through and the patches are great - such variety!

I love that a) Hilda is such an inspiring instrument and b) so many of us have risen to the challenge.

@Slush said:
    Don’t want to hijack this thread with my noodles but I looooveee that I can put a lfo on that base octave!
    Hilda is SO good.

Lovely demo.

• The new patches are very inspiring, thanks everyone for sharing

• edited May 2023

kudos to all presets bank participants, excellent collection ! 🤝🤝🤝🤝🤝

• All guys included in this bank make a wonderful set of presets , killer presets bank for Hilda

• Such a great collection of patches. Thank you @brambos for giving us the possibility to participate 🙌🏼

• Nice work all, really shows off the versatility of this synth 🙌

• Things to try with the presets:

• understand them, wait that’s not it
    • change the tempo
    • carefully mess the lfo/mod
    • try a shorter/longer release
    • adjust slope till the lights go blinkity blink
    • go back to adjusting lfo and adsr
    • well now get back to slope
    • change filter type to phaser
    • change it back
    • adjust cutoff and resonance
    • maybe some feedback
    • time to raise the wet dial and find where the delay hits better
    • back to the lfo
    • more feedback
    • and back to slope
    • a bit of fm
    • no, too much
    • crank the lfo
    • tweak the index
    • change the frequency, shit what was it before?
    • needs more fold
    • adjust timbre
    • some ring modulation
    • set wow and bend to 11
    • sub to 69
    • add some noise cause why not
    • scratch head
    • back to 1
  • Thx @brambos loving the new update!

• @plenogard said:
    I was slowing drifting towards my Mac and Ableton but Hilda...
    Hilda alone is like an empty field for exploration
    And now there is a forest of patches to get lost into

But where am I? @brambos, can you help? Besides the already requested arrows for next and previous preset, any chance of showing the name of the actual preset somewhere in the synth?

Good point. +1