Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus/loopy sync loss

Hi,

Something happened to either loopy or audiobus or both that causes my loops to be out of sync the first time I record them - apart from the very first/master loop :(

Here's the detailed scenario of my nightmare:

I run audiobus, than loopy, than add mic input, funkbox drum machine and Magellan jr.

About 2 weeks ago this worked fine with a sporadic stutter but rarely.
Yesterday, each time I loaded Magellan jr stutter was regular and what's more worrying every loop recorded for the first time after the main/master loop had strange syncro issues, like if some strange groove quantisation was applied to it.
Even stranger! When the loop was cleared and re-recorded its timing was fine! :/\

Also if Magrllan jr was closed down no issues... So seems like this is CPU resource related?

I'm on iphone4s with tascam IU2

I tested with other apps and same issue happens now when I load any 2nd input app at the same time, so it's not just down to Magrllan jr.

Please help! My dream studio just died and I'm asking myself if all those performance updates almost every mentioned app went through recently weren't supposed to improve the performance? :/\

Comments