Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro and the full PC message

Can Loopy Pro send MIDI message Bank select (LSB MSB) and Program Change?
I can't find this possibility, but maybe there exists?

Comments

  • edited May 2023

    LP can send PC messages (with the "Send MIDI" action); I haven't built in support for Bank Select yet, although you can enter a custom MIDI string and put in anything you like.

    In the next version you'll be able to enter "xx" anywhere in the custom field to substitute the value of a slider/dial/etc, so you'll be able to do stuff like "B0 00 01 C0 xx" for a Bank Select message.

  • A bank select message is just two CC messages in a row. Loopy can send any sequence of CC's in an action, so all you need to do is send those, followed a Program Change message.

    Bank select uses CC#0 for the MSB (most significant byte) and CC#32 for the LSB (least significant byte). The value of the CC selects the bank. Some targets only use the MSB, so you can omit the CC#32 for those.

  • @wim said:
    A bank select message is just two CC messages in a row. Loopy can send any sequence of CC's in an action, so all you need to do is send those, followed a Program Change message.

    Bank select uses CC#0 for the MSB (most significant byte) and CC#32 for the LSB (least significant byte). The value of the CC selects the bank. Some targets only use the MSB, so you can omit the CC#32 for those.

    Nice one!

  • wimwim
    edited May 2023

    @Michael said:

    @wim said:
    A bank select message is just two CC messages in a row. Loopy can send any sequence of CC's in an action, so all you need to do is send those, followed a Program Change message.

    Bank select uses CC#0 for the MSB (most significant byte) and CC#32 for the LSB (least significant byte). The value of the CC selects the bank. Some targets only use the MSB, so you can omit the CC#32 for those.

    Nice one!

    Those substitute values will be HUGE for a lot of things. 😎👍🏼

  • @Michael
    @wim
    Thank you very much for your response.
    I just got home from ......., closed the front door and sat on the rig with no rest. Interesting that until now I never associated the MSB and LSB in the cc#0 and cc#32 positions with those used in the MSB-LSB-PC combination. Imagination was not set. I typed in some MIDI actions and as far as I can see it works. Of course the sysex message also works. I will now have a very busy two days, so that the next attempts on Thursday. Thanks again and all the best wishes.

  • @VoytecG - glad it helped.
    Here are a few links that helped me understand this:

    http://www.andrelouis.com/qws/art/art009.htm
    http://midi.teragonaudio.com/tech/midispec/bank.htm

  • @Michael said:
    In the next version you'll be able to enter "xx" anywhere in the custom field to substitute the value of a slider/dial/etc, so you'll be able to do stuff like "B0 00 01 C0 xx" for a Bank Select message.

    I assume support of "xx" replacement was added? I didn't see it in the documentation.

  • @quadbus said:

    @Michael said:
    In the next version you'll be able to enter "xx" anywhere in the custom field to substitute the value of a slider/dial/etc, so you'll be able to do stuff like "B0 00 01 C0 xx" for a Bank Select message.

    I assume support of "xx" replacement was added? I didn't see it in the documentation.

    It was added but appears not have made it into the documentation.

Sign In or Register to comment.