Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Preset sharing section?

Was trying to work out where was the best place to start a preset-sharing thread. For some reason I thought it already existed. Seems not.

In my search for where others share, it seems they’re in different locations.

Is there a specific reason for not having a designated section , or has the idea just not come up before?

Cheers

Comments

• AudioBus presets?
    Saw them only in threads about certain setups...

• edited May 2023

@tja said:
    AudioBus presets?
    Saw them only in threads about certain setups...

Presets for all different synths, FX etc. seem to be scattered in random sections.

• Maybe the AB wiki?

Or just a new thread, that collects them and encourages members to share them…

They kind of are scattered, but it would be a bit of work consolidating everything.

• I’ve posted a number of threads trying to get more people to submit their own patches, but I guess it’s not really interesting to people here unless it’s Drambo. ;)

• edited May 2023

@Poppadocrock said:
    Maybe the AB wiki?

Or just a new thread, that collects them and encourages members to share them…

They kind of are scattered, but it would be a bit of work consolidating everything.

No reason for things to be collated/mirrored on Wiki also, but while people are still submitting here i don't understand why linking off-site would be the only option.

And the thing with having just one thread would be that, it would just get really difficult to navigate. For apps like Drambo, there could be ongoing longer threads. But someone wanting to share a handful of presets for some pretty obscure app could have their own thread, so as to not get drowned out by the rest.

Another example would be for requests e.g for templates. The threads where people can request MOZAIC scripts is also something I think would be right at home in this section, but obviously wouldn't make sense on a sprawling mega-thread, nor Wiki.

And yes, it could take a bit of work to consolidate everything, but it needn't be done all in one go, or by one person. On becoming aware of a new section, those who have previously shared packs e.g ZVON, Spidericemidas, COTCD etc. might be happy to help with locating their specific posts. And anytime one of us comes across an errant pack/thread might contact the author, or request that a MOD move it to the new section.

Just some ideas...

• edited May 2023

@NeuM said:
    I’ve posted a number of threads trying to get more people to submit their own patches, but I guess it’s not really interesting to people here unless it’s Drambo. ;)

Part of the issue might be in how people are interacting with the forums, as to whether they get to see them?

But maybe if there were a more concrete destination for these kinds of threads, people would have more interest in what the members of the community were offering (Selling even), and perhaps feel like it's more of 'a thing' to share, themselves.

...Perhaps

• Probably should’ve tagged 'the powers that be', from the start :smile:

@Michael @thesoundtestroom