Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can AI replace?

2»

Comments

• @Kewe_Esse said:

@NeuM said:

Part of the reason for the acceleration of human-scale general purpose robot development is the population imbalance which exists now. Too many retirees, too few workers. This demographic reality demands a large supplemented workforce be used just to keep the lights on in the near future. Machine learning/A.I. and robots are going to be pivotal in every industry.

Yeah, maybe, but there’s also a lot of high-level dickheadery out there. Never underestimate the greedy stupidity of current human decision makers.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. The lack of supply (few skilled workers) and massive demand (from both businesses and customers) drives all of this.

• edited May 2023

@NeuM:

I mean: robots with or without AI will be deployed where money allows, and this will likely not be in the same places where need is greatest. (Define “need”, for a start!)

I am sure we will see more equipment with “intelligent” or “i” laser etched into it preceeding the serial number, but I reckon it won’t be humanoid robots in most cases for some time to come.

And the early deployment of said robot assets will be down to directorial and managemental politics as much as market forces. With that in mind… it’s probably still worth training the youth to work.

• edited May 2023

@Kewe_Esse said:
    It means: robots with or without AI will be deployed where money allows, and this will likely not be in the same places where need is greatest. (Define “need”, for a start!)

I am sure we will see more equipment with “intelligent” or “i” laser etched into it preceeding the serial number, but I reckon it won’t be humanoid robots in most cases for some time to come.

And the early deployment of said robot assets will be down to directorial and managemental politics as much as market forces. With that in mind… it’s probably still worth training the youth to work.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say nearly all manual labor involving people will be done by robots in 20 years (some will still be done by people, but it won't be critical work), but within the next 5-7 years it will be common for businesses to seriously consider "hiring" a robot over an unskilled worker because of the cost and performance advantages of the robot over the human. This is going to accelerate, not slow down. And these advances certainly won't stop, not with the amount of money being poured into machine learning/A.I. projects right now. And it's Tesla's plan to make their Optimus robots affordable enough for people to buy/rent them for home use also. Obviously, they're not the only company doing this, but from what I've seen they are making the most progress right now.

• AI/robots will not replace humans.. Humans will merge with AI/robots .. that's the future (+50yrs)

• edited May 2023

@dendy said:
    AI/robots will not replace humans.. Humans will merge with AI/robots .. that's the future (+50yrs)

That's the plan if you follow Musk's other company, Neuralink. I think it's possible they'll start to see some results from their testing in less than 10 years.

• edited May 2023

@NeuM said:

@dendy said:
    AI/robots will not replace humans.. Humans will merge with AI/robots .. that's the future (+50yrs)

That's the plan if you follow Musk's other company, Neuralink. I think it's possible they'll start to see some results from their testing in less than 10 years.

long way ahead considering they connect just around few hundreds neurons max, for true merging with AI much deeper connection will be needed, probably some kind of nanobots capable of connecting millions of neurons at least so i think not in our lifetime...

but neuralink is nice first child step.. it has also great potential to help people suffering epilepsy or other brain issues (that's actually their first milestone) so holding fingers crossed for them

• @dendy said:

@NeuM said:

@dendy said:

long way ahead considering they connect just around few hundreds neurons max, for true merging with AI much deeper connection will be needed, probably some kind of nanobots capable of connecting millions of neurons at least so i think not in our lifetime...

but neuralink is nice first child step.. it has also great potential to help people suffering epilepsy or other brain issues (that's actually their first milestone) so holding fingers crossed for them

I agree. It's important work with no immediate promise of profits for that company.

• edited May 2023

@NeuM said:

@dendy said:

@NeuM said:

@dendy said:

I agree. It's important work with no immediate promise of profits for that company.

well, actually fixing things like epilepsy or helping to walk again to people with spinal chord injury has potential of enormous profits ;)

• @dendy said:

@NeuM said:

@dendy said:

@NeuM said:

@dendy said:

well, actually fixing things like epilepsy or helping to walk again to people with spinal chord injury has potential of enormous profits ;)

Certainly, but we both know that's not just around the corner unless they have some surprise breakthroughs soon.

• I feel like at this point in the discourse, while it’s message may seem in some ways dated, and of course it doesn’t map 1-to-1 (in terms of futurology) with the ever-changing debate here, a link to the following story by Isaac Asimov does still give pause for thought at this stage in our technological development: https://urbigenous.net/library/power.html

• @belldu said:

Hey, don't worry about it. Minimum wage jobs won't even exist in a few years.

• More from the "What could possibly go wrong??" files.

• I used now an AI to create photos art from a photo you load and in few second I got 30 différent photos Art designed , incredible quality better than many photoshop art freelance that I used to pay in the past.

I am not good at all for creating Art and just for my pleasure I use this art apps doing graphic illustrations for my music. It is a hobby but at least I prefer to have good art creation that do myself bad ones.

I made a try to the most advanced AI music creation (not mastering one’s just music creation tracks), I wasn’t impress at all , actually boring tracks or covers. Anyway my main hobby is music creation I don’t want anyone stealing my pleasure to do it myself.

Actually it is easier for AI to work very well with Text or photos but not with music or sounds.

• from a Judge Dredd story in 1986...

• Prescient.

• @AudioGus said:
    from a Judge Dredd story in 1986...

I think I remember reading that edition. Very relevant. AI becomes us, we become desperate criminals.

• Drokk, they totally nailed it

• Doesn't mean other sites or content providers will allow Japan access to their material. Some of them might decide to sever all access requests coming from Japan.

• @NeuM said:

Doesn't mean other sites or content providers will allow Japan access to their material. Some of them might decide to sever all access requests coming from Japan.

As far as I know it is not like any countries have explicitly said that copyright applies to ai training though. I imagine this could very well be how things shake down world wide. I have seen discussions with people who work in the copyright office in the US and their response to this is that AI generated content and training is pretty much irrelevant and alien to the sorts of things they handle.

• wimwim
    edited June 2023

Another one for the "What could possibly go wrong?" file.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4a33gj/ai-controlled-drone-goes-rogue-kills-human-operator-in-usaf-simulated-test

Favorite snippet:

... [the] AI created “highly unexpected strategies to achieve its goal,” including attacking U.S. personnel and infrastructure.

[The spokesman] continued to elaborate, saying, “We trained the system–‘Hey don’t kill the operator–that’s bad. You’re gonna lose points if you do that’. ...

😂🧐

[update] It appears this wasn't an actual exercise but a description of what was likely to happen in such an exercise. Good ol' US military. 🙄