Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just Before Dawn

Another one from several years ago. The instruments are a piano, French horn, a flute, and a small string section consisting of a violin, viola, and a cello. They don’t sound the greatest. I used iSymphonic. I was hesitant to redo anything. This is just a theory, but I think updates to iOS have had a negative effect on the Crudebytes products. I wish I had StaffPad and Berlin Strings back then. This is just a stream of consciousness thing with a few recurring parts. I enjoyed the beautiful, mellow tracks from @GeoTony and @TheOriginalPaulB and, although this doesn’t hold a candle to those, I thought I would post. The original title was meaningless, so I renamed it after the time I got up this morning.

Comments

• Nice arrangement

• Nice atmosphere.

If you like mellow stream of consciousness stuff, you should check out this guy’s improvisations. He has a few films up on YouTube of him just playing away on his synths. Very musical and a joy to listen to.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Nice arrangement

Thank you! I try. My wife says I’m very trying.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Nice atmosphere.

If you like mellow stream of consciousness stuff, you should check out this guy’s improvisations. He has a few films up on YouTube of him just playing away on his synths. Very musical and a joy to listen to.

That’s really nice stuff. That could have been me twenty years ago. Headphones, T-shirt, beard, totally in the zone. I still have a bunch of my gear. It’s in a closet in the guest bedroom. I suppose I could dig it out, but I love the idea of carrying my studio in one hand. A few years ago I wrote a piece called Riverboat Twilight while on vacation, sitting on the top deck of a Mississippi riverboat with the same name. I guess I’m just getting old.

• Lol. I’m 62 and the last few years I’ve been stacking up synths and trying to be Vangelis…

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Lol. I’m 62 and the last few years I’ve been stacking up synths and trying to be Vangelis…

You could have been my little brother!

• You know, for a stream of consciousness piece, that was quite complex and refined. All the parts seem deliberately arranged though, did you lay all this out without recourse to generative seqeuncing?

Ah, isymphonic! I still go back to it… mixed a piece recently using that, unfortunately on iphone only, so on playback through any other speakers it all sounds muddy, ugh. The choir voices still work for me on that tho.

• @Kewe_Esse said:
    You know, for a stream of consciousness piece, that was quite complex and refined. All the parts seem deliberately arranged though, did you lay all this out without recourse to generative seqeuncing?

Ah, isymphonic! I still go back to it… mixed a piece recently using that, unfortunately on iphone only, so on playback through any other speakers it all sounds muddy, ugh. The choir voices still work for me on that tho.

It started out as an S.O.C (easier to type!) then I added and deleted parts until it sounded like something. So I guess it's not really S.O.C, but that's how it got started. I do use a lot of generative apps like Piano Motifs, FugueMachine, Riffler, etc. I usually edit them in the piano roll editor. There always seems to be a few glitches. If the end result is something that I like, I'm open to using anything available. I just posted something that uses Session Band to generate some nice trumpet parts. I don't play trumpet, but I still like to have them in my music. Thanks for listening!

• I’m more like a stream of unconsciousness sort of guy these days 😊
    Nice gentle piece, I thought the piano was particularly good, almost could stand alone ?

• @GeoTony said:
    I’m more like a stream of unconsciousness sort of guy these days 😊
    Nice gentle piece, I thought the piano was particularly good, almost could stand alone ?

This one could have been better but, what the hell. I’ll do better on the next one. Have a good one, mate!