Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

open beta for a new experimental noise app

Hello

I've made another app and looking for some beta-testing before the release. It's performance-oriented experimental noise machine AUv3 and standalone.

Here is a link to TestFlight:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/luq7W5N9

I would be really happy to hear your feedback
Thanks!

Comments

• It’s really cool this one, almost like a hexaglyphics that you can understand, and it’s auv3 🙌

• edited May 2023

Thanks for adding the infinite mode and automation...👍

• @Krupa said:
    It’s really cool this one, almost like a hexaglyphics that you can understand, and it’s auv3 🙌

Thanks. hexaglyphics is really a very beautiful software. Though i just needed some noisy AUv3 source for my performances so here it is

• Wow
    Thanks
    Seems like fun to me
    Good luck with the release

• Having fun with it already! Right up my street

• thanks!

P.S. I should have mentioned that: manual is not yet complete so the in-app link doesn't work yet

• Looks like the betas full now unfortunately would’ve loved to test, but the app looks awesome!

• @HotStrange
    Aren’t you aware that you need to check this forum 30 times a day, and fit music making and family in between
    I thought that was just standard, being a dirty smoker I have to go out the house to smoke, so perfect for checking forum every 40 minutes
    Perhaps you need to start smoking

• Open beta doesn’t get full.

• Just installed it. It’s great!!!

• edited May 2023

@Gdub said:
    @HotStrange
    Aren’t you aware that you need to check this forum 30 times a day, and fit music making and family in between
    I thought that was just standard, being a dirty smoker I have to go out the house to smoke, so perfect for checking forum every 40 minutes
    Perhaps you need to start smoking

😂 I just QUIT smoking. 2 weeks in right now after smoking for 15 years. But I used to use that time for Audiobus as well 😆

• @supadom said:
    Open beta doesn’t get full.

• Not sure what’s going on yet but I’m loving it. This will be an instant buy when available. Such a fun noise machine. Excited to explore.

• Guess it was not exactly an open beta then. Dev just came here to get some beta testers, once he felt he had enough, closed it. Like all his apps, it will likely be cheap, so I wouldn't worry too much

• edited May 2023

There’s usually a set number on the TestFlight beta, dev may be able to increase it, but I don’t think it’s ever infinite, open just means that it’s not restricted to people the dev chooses…

• edited May 2023

@Gavinski said:
    Guess it was not exactly an open beta then. Dev just came here to get some beta testers, once he felt he had enough, closed it. Like all his apps, it will likely be cheap, so I wouldn't worry too much

Which other apps? And what kinda noise are people getting out of this?

Cheers!

• edited May 2023

This app is great. May be the answer for an AU version of Hexaglyphics that some have been wanting. Myself included.

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:
    Guess it was not exactly an open beta then. Dev just came here to get some beta testers, once he felt he had enough, closed it. Like all his apps, it will likely be cheap, so I wouldn't worry too much

Cheers!

lots of short wave radio sounds and drones clicks and bleeps

• edited May 2023

@sevenape said:

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

You had me at “short wave radio sounds”. Perhaps not enough to steal me away from SDR, but with the other tricks up its sleeve might be a goer. Shame I missed the BETA, but no doubt the developer is in good hands :)

• @el_bo said:

@sevenape said:

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

You had me at “short wave radio sounds”. Perhaps not enough to steal me away from SDR, but with the other tricks up its sleeve might be a goer. Shame I missed the BETA, but no doubt the developer is in good hands :)

SDR?

• edited May 2023

@HotStrange said:

@el_bo said:

@sevenape said:

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

SDR?

Software Defined Radio

websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901

Choose your band, zoom in or out of the 'waterfall' and then move the yellow trapezoid pointer around (Thick yellow indicates stronger broadcast signals etc, and when really zoomed in shows saved stations.). Has noise reduction options, filtering (sides of trapezoid), and can record audio directly from the page, and then saved straight to the Files app.

Tons of noise and ghostly radio voices to be had :)

The above interface works better on desktop, but I've been considering this app. Sure it works better with touch:

http://www.bluemangoo.com/web_sdr.php

• edited May 2023

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

This is the same dev as soundfruuze, resonatedo etc. I haven't played with this much too be honest

• @Gavinski said:

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

This is the same dev as soundfruuze, resonatedo etc. I haven't played with this much too be honest

Oh wow! Soundfruuze is brilliant!

• hello!
    yes, sorry for confusion, by "open" i actually meant that i don't manually add anyone to the testing. that's the first time i run it like that with a public link so i've set some limit to be sure things not go too crazy. And I didn't expect it would get full that fast, thanks for your interest!

I've added more slots so please join if that's still relevant.
    I expect to launch this app later this week when it's more ready.

thanks!

• @a_n said:
    hello!
    yes, sorry for confusion, by "open" i actually meant that i don't manually add anyone to the testing. that's the first time i run it like that with a public link so i've set some limit to be sure things not go too crazy. And I didn't expect it would get full that fast, thanks for your interest!

I've added more slots so please join if that's still relevant.
    I expect to launch this app later this week when it's more ready.

thanks!

It’s great so far, really really enjoying it. Great work!

• @Gavinski said:

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

I feel like it would be right up your ally considering your love for Hexaglyphics.

• @el_bo said:

@HotStrange said:

@el_bo said:

@sevenape said:

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

SDR?

Software Defined Radio

Choose your band, zoom in or out of the 'waterfall' and then move the yellow trapezoid pointer around (Thick yellow indicates stronger broadcast signals etc, and when really zoomed in shows saved stations.). Has noise reduction options, filtering (sides of trapezoid), and can record audio directly from the page, and then saved straight to the Files app.

The above interface works better on desktop, but I've been considering this app. Sure it works better with touch:

Well this just shot up the top of my to buy list. I thought it was just another radio app but this looks great! Shame it’s getting reviewed by some people that either didn’t know what it was or what they were getting. Thanks!

• @HotStrange said:

@el_bo said:

@HotStrange said:

@el_bo said:

@sevenape said:

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

SDR?

Software Defined Radio

Well this just shot up the top of my to buy list. I thought it was just another radio app but this looks great! Shame it’s getting reviewed by some people that either didn’t know what it was or what they were getting. Thanks!

It's a beautiful thing. Someone on Youtube shared it some years back, by way of using it in music projects. Got hooked for a while, but then kinda forgot about it. The app has been on my short-list for a long time, but kept getting pushed back for various reasons.

Also, there're other locations and interfaces to explore. Curious if the app allows different locations:

http://www.websdr.org

And I've just re-discovered the original video I saw:

And this, from Doug :)

• @el_bo said:

@HotStrange said:

@el_bo said:

@HotStrange said:

@el_bo said:

@sevenape said:

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

SDR?

Software Defined Radio

It's a beautiful thing. Someone on Youtube shared it some years back, by way of using it in music projects. Got hooked for a while, but then kinda forgot about it. The app has been on my short-list for a long time, but kept getting pushed back for various reasons.

Also, there're other locations and interfaces to explore. Curious if the app allows different locations:

great! thanks for the link, that's very interesting!!

• @a_n said:

@el_bo said:

@HotStrange said:

@el_bo said:

@HotStrange said:

@el_bo said:

@sevenape said:

@el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

SDR?

Software Defined Radio

great! thanks for the link, that's very interesting!!

No hay de qué

Apologies, also. Wasn't trying to steal any thunder away from your app.